Windows 10: BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, error (133) driving me crazy

Discus and support BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, error (133) driving me crazy in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; System Config: GA-970A-UD3 1.1 AMD FX-6100, 16G RAM NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 Patriot Pyro SE 120GB SSD WD 1TB SATA III ST 1TB SATA III I continue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jclentini, Sep 4, 2015.

1. jclentini Win User

BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, error (133) driving me crazy

System Config:
    GA-970A-UD3 1.1
    AMD FX-6100, 16G RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
    Patriot Pyro SE 120GB SSD
    WD 1TB SATA III
    ST 1TB SATA III

I continue to get DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I have updated BIOS, MB Drivers (Realtek LAN and Audio) , NVIDIA Drivers. I have disabled Fast Startup, Hibernate and Sleep. I have disabled Driver Install from Windows Update. Please help this is driving me crazy. Attached is mini dump. Thank you in advance.

:)

jclentini, Sep 4, 2015

2. Windows 10 DPC_Watchdog service BSODs high GPU counts for compute work

Also, if it matters, the crashdumps from these BSODs always state unknown cause, and faulting module unknown.

the only detail it ever provides is:

BobMarley4, Sep 4, 2015
  3. auggy Win User
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

The minidump files showed two different errors, a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) error and a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b) error.

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may be caused by a wireless driver, the athwnx.sys.

Which wireless adapter do you have and which driver is installed?

Also, what ASUS software is installed?

auggy, Sep 4, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Hello, jclentini and welcome to the forums. I have looked at the last few dump reports and they all read the same.

Code: BugCheck 133, {1, 1e00, 0, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for amdsata.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for amdsata.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for amdxata.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for amdxata.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mfedisk.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mfedisk.sys Probably caused by : amdsata.sys ( amdsata+9652 ) Followup: MachineOwner mfedisk is McAfee[/quote] The AMDSata is obviously the AMD sata controller and the mfedisk is your McAfee Anti Virus. McAfee is a very well known cause of BSODs.

Please go to Device manager and see if you have any yellow triangles there and tell me what they are on. Also please go to IDE/ATA/ATAPI controllers, expand it by clicking the small triangle next to it and post a screenshot. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...en-forums.html here. I would also remove McAfee by uninstalling it and run the McAfee Removal tool http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331 . Also, make sure you have the latest Firmware for your SSD and run the long and short test on your Western Digital Drive with their Data Lifeguard for DOS WD Support / Downloads / SATA SAS / WD Black. Also, please enable driver downloads from Windows Updates and download the windows updates.

essenbe, Sep 4, 2015
  5. jclentini Win User
    essenbe, per your instructions I have completely uninstalled McAfee, I have attached a screen shot of the Device Manager, I ran short and long diags. on the WD 1TB drive with no errors. I ran the SeaTools short and long diags. on the ST drive a it Failed. I pulled it out of the system. Once I did that she is more stable. I did add an additional OCZ Radeon R7, the idea is to clone and replace the Pyro SE which is EOL. The Pyro SE firmware is 5.0.4 and the OCZ Radeon R7 firmware is current. There is still some issue with the AMD Sata controller. The Radeon SSD Guru reports that ACHI is OFF but, it is Enabaled in BIOS, the BIOS flashes "ACHI init ..." at startup. The Device Manager reports AMD Sata Controller Drivers dated 2009. Also attached is the most recent mini dmp file. Please advise on issues and any ideas on fixing AMD Sata, if there is a problem.

jclentini, Sep 5, 2015
  6. essenbe Win User
    Gigabyte only offers 2 drivers for Windows 10. With Windows 8, it only offers a few drivers. You need the AMD Sata AHCI driver. According to your Device manager, I don't see the AHCI driver listed. Were you in AHCI Mode when you installed Windows, last clean install you did?

Which Ports are your SSDs connected to?

essenbe, Sep 5, 2015
  7. jclentini Win User
    Pyro SE, 0; OCZ Radeon R7, 1; WD 1TB, 2
    Yes, I believe ACHI was enabled during Windows 10 Install. Where can I get the AMD ACHI Drivers? I don't see them on the Gigabyte Support site for my MB.

jclentini, Sep 5, 2015
  8. essenbe Win User

Are you sure that your sata controller in BIOS is set to AHCI? If you are not sure, check.

essenbe, Sep 5, 2015
  9. essenbe Win User
    Expand Storage Controllers and see what the driver is. The Microsoft AHCI Driver is STORAHCI and should be in IDE/ATA/ATAPI controllers. You also have a Storage controllers entry in Device Manager. Typically that is only there if you have it set to Raid. You do have 'On Chip Sata Raid 5 support' enabled. I am not sure about the 'on chip sata port 4/5 type'. Your manual should tell you about enabling AHCI, but I have never understood Gigabyte Bios settings.

essenbe, Sep 5, 2015
  10. jclentini Win User
    Gave up on trying to get the right ACHI drivers installed. Did a fresh install of Windows 10. No BSOD yet, system seems very stable, just had to load all my Apps again. There is only one thing that is strange, the OCZ Radeon R7 SSD shows operating in ACHI mode but at Sata II rates. This is true with either MS Standard ACHI Driver or AMD Sata Driver from AMD Chipset Driver release 15.7.1. Notice from the screenshot above it was running at Sata III rates previously.

jclentini, Sep 7, 2015
  11. essenbe Win User
    I'm wondering if your utility is Windows 10 ready. According to the specs for your motherboard, you don't have any Sata II ports. They are all sata III. The drivers can make a little difference in performance, but they should all be running sata III. I would guess it is possible you have a defective board, but I don't recall ever seeing one do that.

essenbe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, error (133) driving me crazy - Similar Threads - BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error

2. Problem with BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133: I am experiencing a BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 on my Windows 10 computer. It often occurs when I am listening to music through applications like Spotify. Here are the specifications of my computer:Intel Core i3 7100Gigabyte H110M-DS2Nvidia GTX 1650s 4GB GDDR68x1 DDR4 RAM...
  3. Problem with BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133: I am experiencing a BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 on my Windows 10 computer. It often occurs when I am listening to music through applications like Spotify. Here are the specifications of my computer:Intel Core i3 7100Gigabyte H110M-DS2Nvidia GTX 1650s 4GB GDDR68x1 DDR4 RAM...
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 BSOD with minidump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 BSOD with minidump: Looking for someone to help me with this. My computer has BSOD about 10 times in the last week. About one to two times a day. Sometimes just when idle.********************************************************************************...
  5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 BSOD with minidump

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 BSOD with minidump: Looking for someone to help me with this. My computer has BSOD about 10 times in the last week. About one to two times a day. Sometimes just when idle.********************************************************************************...
  6. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 BSOD with minidump

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD netr28ux.sys DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD netr28ux.sys DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133: HelloI went into BSOD problem with netr28us.sys when browsing chrome or online gaming since my WIFI Modem Router replaced. I've checked the community with the same problem then I replaced the netr28us.sys driver with the previous version, my windows will still crash. I've...
  8. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 BSOD ntkrnlmp.exe

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 BSOD ntkrnlmp.exe: Hello There! I would like to ask help, rather for a long time constant BOSD is my problem, and I do not manage to solve it. I receive a diverse mistake when I try to analyse the mistake, and i don't know what can I do. This is thi last one dump: Loading Dump File...
  9. Bsod - dpc_watchdog_violation (133)

Bsod - dpc_watchdog_violation (133): Hi guys, This is Lenovo ideapad 320 laptop Winver 2004 that keep crashing with the DPC Watchdog Violation 133. I ran the Windbg with Anlyze-v and came up with the following error codes which by googling rtwlane seems to be the Realtek 8821AE Wireless Lan card. How do I...
  10. BSoD : DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)

BSoD : DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133): I am using Win 10 and keep getting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) BSoD at random intervals. Below is my latest mini dump results, can anyone assist. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above....