Windows 10: BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) occurs at anytime,no trigger, hal.dll

Discus and support BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) occurs at anytime,no trigger, hal.dll in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Attachment 135226 I've been having major issues with my PC, mainly lag and BSODS. More info- Strong PC lags, crashes etc - PC Gaming - Toms Hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pookster, May 15, 2017.

1. Pookster Win User

BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) occurs at anytime,no trigger, hal.dll

Attachment 135226
    I've been having major issues with my PC, mainly lag and BSODS.
    More info- Strong PC lags, crashes etc - PC Gaming - Toms Hardware
    Could someone please analyse those dumps and see if they're useful?

:)

Pookster, May 15, 2017
  2. SuperYass Win User

VEDIO_TDR_FAILUR when playing games in Windows 10

Dell inspiron 15 5000 series

the problem gone with the game that I deleted it (hearth stone )

but I got another blue screen with league of legends game

it's DPC_watchdog_violation

when I used ( who crashed program) it says it's hal.dll problem

SuperYass, May 15, 2017
  3. AngDean Win User
    hal.dll+35f1f bsod error in Windows 10

OT- hal.dll+35f1f bsod

Hello,

There was a bsod just now, which is the first time I've experienced it - and should I be worrying about it?

This is what I got from BlueScreenView:

071816-24656-01.dmp

18/7/2016 8:23:23 PM

0x00000124

00000000`00000000

ffffe000`2db12028

00000000`b2000000

00000000`00100402

hal.dll

hal.dll+35f1f

x64

ntoskrnl.exe+142940

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071816-24656-01.dmp

What caused this? Thanks!

AngDean, May 15, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Analysing dumps is meaningless at the moment until MS get their public symbols server sorted to allow WinDBG to work.

philc43, May 16, 2017
  5. Pookster Win User
    Oh Ok. Any chance you would know enough about computers to help me out on the linked thread?

Pookster, May 16, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    You are more likely to get help if you follow the instructions at the top and post a full set of log files. We can learn a lot more from the extra information it provides.

philc43, May 17, 2017
  7. Kyle Win User
    DebugDiag2 might help analyse the crash dumps.

8. Ztruker Win User

What exactly does this tool do? I looked at the web site and read the info but still don't understand what it does or how to use it.

Ztruker, May 17, 2017
  9. Kyle Win User
    It's another type of crash and memory dump analyser tool by Microsoft I believe. It crashes on my system though. (Stops responding)

10. axe0 New Member
    It's a tool meant for user-mode crashes, crashes from programs that can't crash the system.

The crashes we deal with are kernel-mode crashes.
    Only kernel-mode problems can crash the system.

11. Pookster Win User
    I've tried to, but it doesn't put a file on my desktop. It just says it does.

Pookster, May 17, 2017
  12. philc43 Win User
    That's strange, it should create a zip file. Can you normally save files to your desktop?

philc43, May 18, 2017
  13. Ztruker Win User

This seems to happen if people have moved their user folders off the boot (C: ) drive. Search for a folder calld TFdebugFiles, see if it's someplac3e other than your Desktop, probably on the C: drive somewhere.

Ztruker, May 19, 2017
  14. Pookster Win User
    Yeah. I even tried running the exe as admin.

Pookster, May 20, 2017
  15. zbook New Member
    Windows driver verifier can find misbehaving drivers. Then you can uninstall them and reinstall new applications/drivers.

Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver. - Microsoft Community

To start windows driver verifier type verifier into the left lower corner search.
    Follow the settings in the link.

Also it is easier to use windows driver verifier when advanced system settings startup and recovery automatic restart is unchecked:

BSOD Finding and fixing them - Microsoft Community

When the bsod's occur they will often display the stop code: driver verifier detected violation.
    Sometimes they will display immediately the misbehaving driver with it ending in .sys
    It is most effective and efficient to use third party software such as whocrashed and bluescreenview to have immediate analysis of the bsod. Sometimes though there may be some difference in analysis or you are unable to interpret the results and posting for feedback is useful.
    To turn off windows driver verifier you must know your way through the windows troubleshooting menu to get to start up options.
    When in startup options choose option number 6 safe mode with command prompt. When there enter verifier /reset
    This should turn off windows driver verifier and enable you to get back to the desk top.
    When you are back on the desk top you run the third party software for immediate analysis and then uninstall the application or driver.
    You can then reinstall the application/driver and continue to use driver verifier until there are no longer any bsod. They recommend using windows driver verifier for 36 hours of normal use to have no bsod. This may not happen as there may be no perfect driver for your computer's configuration. But you have done the preventative maintenance to reduce the bsod.

In case you cannot find the optimal driver another thread used DriverMax to find one.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) occurs at anytime,no trigger, hal.dll - Similar Threads - BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION occurs

2. Random BSODs anytime

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs anytime: My computer mostly gets BSODs system service exception, nqrl not less or equal, kmode exception not handled. I've used windows memory diagnostic, chkdsk, sfc, bootrec, and restore point are all useless. here are the .dmp files and the CBS...
  3. Random BSODs anytime

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs anytime: My computer mostly gets BSODs system service exception, nqrl not less or equal, kmode exception not handled. I've used windows memory diagnostic, chkdsk, sfc, bootrec, and restore point are all useless. here are the .dmp files and the CBS...
  4. Random BSODs anytime

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 Keeps Occurring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 Keeps Occurring: Hi, my son's PC keeps freezing and crashing. Most often it's a 133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, but sometimes other error codes too. I don't have the debug tools etc to analyse it.Can anybody help diagnose what's going wrong please or offer advice? Any help would be much...
  6. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION occurring randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION occurring randomly: Every so often every few hours, my laptop freezes for 20 seconds or so, then I get a blue screen. This seems to happen particularly when the laptop is under heavy load. The screen gives the error message DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.Here is a link to the generated minidump: Here is...
  7. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION occurring randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION occurring randomly: Every so often every few hours, my laptop freezes for 20 seconds or so, then I get a blue screen. This seems to happen particularly when the laptop is under heavy load. The screen gives the error message DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.Here is a link to the generated minidump: Here is...
  8. DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD occurring for first boot of the day.

DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD occurring for first boot of the day.: Good Evening All, I am having a weird issue with my PC BSOD'ing at the Windows login screen only once per day -- when I first power on my PC. It doesn't seem to occur on reboots or subsequent cold boots, just once per 24 hours. The PC is new, and I have rebuilt Windows a...
  9. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 Keeps Occuring

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 Keeps Occuring: Hi. I keep getting the DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION and I don't know how to fix it. I've tried updating the drivers but nothing helps. Most recent crash dump: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.19528.1000 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights...
  10. *FIXED* BSOD Streaming Overwatch Triggers DPC Watchdog Violation

*FIXED* BSOD Streaming Overwatch Triggers DPC Watchdog Violation: Did some sleuthing already, tried updating my mobo, ssd firmware, graphics drivers, even unplugged my external HDD to see if internal ssd and external HDD had something to do with it, and it's driving me CRAZY that I can't figure anything out... Attached is the dump from...