Windows 10: BSOD - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while gaming, browsing, etc,...

Discus and support BSOD - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while gaming, browsing, etc,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Two or three weeks after moving into my college dorm, I started getting these constantly. And I have no idea why it started. I've updated my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Volke, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Volke Win User

BSOD - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while gaming, browsing, etc,...

Two or three weeks after moving into my college dorm, I started getting these constantly. And I have no idea why it started. I've updated my GPU/SSD/Wireless Adapter drivers, I'm running on ACHI, I've disabled any other network devices, etc. Still happening within a 2 hour time span of having my computer on.

Some specs:
    MSI GTX 970
    Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
    Windows 10 64bit
    MSI Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard
    NETGEAR A6210 adapter
    Intel i7 4790k 4.0 GHz
    Corsair Gaming peripherals

Some things I have tried:
    1.Uninstalling Hamachi
    2.Updating GPU/SSD drivers
    3.Disabling Killer e2200 Gigabit ethernet connection
    4. Setting the IDE ATA/ATAPI controller driver to Standard SATA ACHI Controller
    5. Reinstalling Norton
    6. Uninstalling Realtek Sound drivers

Here are 5 dmp files. My first two incidents and my latest 3.Attachment 102450

Any ideas or help please? This has been driving me insane for the past two weeks.

:)

Volke, Sep 20, 2016

2. Slow response while logging in, gaming, browsing etc

Hi Ganief,

Thank you for your response.

Glad to know that your issue has been resolved.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance on windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Sep 20, 2016
  3. Slow response while logging in, gaming, browsing etc

Hi,

Thank you for the assistance. This has been very helpful, I used both methods but found the clean boot resolved the issue.

Thank you once again.

Regards,

Ganief

GaniefDavids, Sep 20, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Volke *Smile

Welcome to the TenForums

Have you tried a clean boot to rule out any software that installs during boot and startup? Other than that it does look like it is the wireless adapter driver (netr28ux.sys).

philc43, Sep 21, 2016
  5. Volke Win User
    I will attempt to go through the clean boot, thank you.

I do not doubt that it could be my wireless adapter driver, as I have noticed several internet performance issues with it. Would reinstalling it or reverting to a previous driver be of any use for it?

Volke, Sep 21, 2016
  6. Volke Win User
    Still no luck. The BSODs come at an increasing rate now, and I'm still kind of clueless. Would I have to fresh install windows?

Volke, Sep 25, 2016
  7. philc43 Win User
    Did the clean boot prevent the BSOD occurring? If yes, it points to a software/driver problem associated with the programs you have added. If no, it points to hardware or a W10 software/driver problem.

Can you disable/remove the wireless adapter and see if that stops the BSOD events? If so, you will need to buy a new adapter.

These clues should help you solve the problem. If still no luck then a fresh install is a good next step and test for a while before you load each new piece of software so that you know what triggers the problem if it happens again.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while gaming, browsing, etc,... - Similar Threads - BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while

2. BSOD - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION, etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION, etc.: Hi all,Sorry for the barrage of caps to start this off. My computer has been suffering increasingly frequent BSODs lately. The usual stop codes are listed in the subject. I thought it was a RAM/memory issue, but I've run memtest for 8 hours... and found no issues. I've also...
  3. Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen Of Death While Browsing.

Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen Of Death While Browsing.: Hi, I've had this problem awhile now and have tried several suggestions from here. While browsing sometimes the PC will freeze and the go to BSOD with DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION. I tried everything suggested here...
  4. Random BSODs while gaming/browsing

Random BSODs while gaming/browsing: Let me get straight to it. I have been on Windows 10 since the free upgrade offer. I have had 0 issues up until recently where my PC would randomly crash and most of the BSOD's would list CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Most of the time I would be playing League of Legends and other...
  5. Frequent BSoD While Gaming DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Frequent BSoD While Gaming DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I primarily use my computer for either gaming or to watch videos. Before upgrading to Windows 10 my computer would be quite stable. After upgrading, approximately one hour of gaming (almost exactly) will cause my computer to either lock up and later produce a BSoD saying a...
  6. BSOD 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while browsing

BSOD 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while browsing: So I was browsing stuff on the web and this happens. Anyway, since then I've tried to update some certain drivers related to the issue, however, most of them were already up-to-date. I've ran an SFC scan and nothing came up in there either. Anyhow, specs down below and logs...
  7. BSOD dpc_watchdog_violation while streaming

BSOD dpc_watchdog_violation while streaming: Hi guys! I've been dealing with this issue for two months probably. While streaming Youtube or Netflix, after a while video and sound freeze for a few seconds and the computer restarts. My computer is a relatively new ASUS laptop with the following specs: i7-6700HQ 8GB...
  8. BSOD randomly occurs while gaming/browsing etc.

BSOD randomly occurs while gaming/browsing etc.: Hello, i get a BSDO randomly while playing games or even surfing the web. It happens most times when i perform multitasking like playing a game, using teamspeak and surfing the web. The BSDO itself has no error code. I checked my RAM with mdsched.exe and memtest (it...
  9. Several BSODs while gaming and browsing the internet

Several BSODs while gaming and browsing the internet: For the past month my PC, out of nowhere and with no warnings, started getting daily bluescreens. At times it was 1 bluescreen a week for 2 weeks, then suddenly I was being bombarded with bluescreens every day, reaching the count of at least a dozen a day. Most frequent ones...
  10. BSOD on various games, occasionally while web browsing.

BSOD on various games, occasionally while web browsing.: So for quite some time now my PC (custom built) has been getting BSOD on BF4. I figured the problem was just an odd crash and didn't think twice about it. Now nearly every time I load up BF4 it will cause me to blue screen and has either the message "System Thread Exception...