Windows 10: BSOD DPC_watchdog_violation

Discus and support BSOD DPC_watchdog_violation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Computer keeps crashing and giving this error. What is it and what do I need to do? I have MSinfo and dump files from last incident.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Where_Wolfie, Dec 6, 2018.

1. BSOD DPC_watchdog_violation

Computer keeps crashing and giving this error. What is it and what do I need to do? I have MSinfo and dump files from last incident.

:)

Where_Wolfie, Dec 6, 2018

2. Windows 10 build 10586 BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Check (enable) it then do Step #5 & test.

The above notwithstanding...

Are you still getting the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs or...?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Dec 6, 2018
  3. BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below article regarding BSOD error and check if it helps.

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Bluescreen Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Allan Mej Win User

BSOD DPC_watchdog_violation

DPC_Watchdog_Violation

Hi,

In most cases, faulty drivers are the reason why DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD occurs. To further assist your issue, kindly answer these following questions:

• What are the specifications of your PC?
    • Is your PC up-to-date?
    • Have you made any changes to your PC prior to the issue?

We'll be looking forward for your reply.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

BSOD DPC_watchdog_violation

1. BSOD DPC_watchdog_violation - Similar Threads - BSOD DPC_watchdog_violation

2. Bsod: Dpc_watchdog_violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod: Dpc_watchdog_violation: I have started to get the above BSOD frequently when I am using my computer. When I let it idle, it's fine, even for hours at a time. When I actively use it, however, it will BSOD at random intervals (~10-15 minutes after startup to about 90 minutes or so afterward). I have...
  3. BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and DRIVER_POWERSTATE_FAILURE (mini dump and diognostic attached)

BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and DRIVER_POWERSTATE_FAILURE (mini dump and diognostic attached): Hello seeking some help with my windows 10. Has crashed lots of times with theses two errors. the drivers seem to be uptodate on device manager.
  4. BSOD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION HDAudbus

BSOD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION HDAudbus: Still getting error after rolling back to previous graphics driver, here's the dmp file in debugger. Haven't had much luck in finding cause, looks like HDAudBus issue. . . Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.18317.1001 AMD64 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All...
  5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD: Hello, I'm using WINDOWS 10 Pro Ver 1803 today had two crashes one with stop code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and second one DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Please could you advice where the problem is (I can provide link to two DMP files)...
  6. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD FIX

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD FIX: Hello Microsoft Community, I recently had a problem with my computer, it was crashing a whole bunch with two unique errors, those errors are DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have looked into the crash reports (mini dump files) and found out a file named...
  7. BSOD DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD DPC Watchdog Violation: Seeing this lately and cannot track down it's cause. Everything on the web says it's a driver issue. Only programs that were updated recently was graphics card & windows update. I reverted to a previous graphics driver w/o success, error still occurring. How can I track down...
  8. Frequent BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Frequent BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi, I'm getting BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION message multiple times of day. This mostly happens while playing video, but rarely while playing games. I've tried clean install graphics drivers and also updated sound drivers. Unfortunately this gave no effect and...
  9. Random BSOD mostly during idle usage - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Random BSOD mostly during idle usage - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: So I've been experiencing random BSOD's for a while and I'm not really sure what's causing it or how to fix it. The stop code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, I've not seen any others. Using Blue Screen view it either points at nvidia drivers or ntoskrnl.exe as the fault. I've...
  10. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD while doing light work

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD while doing light work: Hi guys, I built this PC approximately 2 years ago and I've been having this issue since then. It randomly throws BSOD whenever I'm doing light work. It usually happens after closing a game and I'm working (Visual Studio), checking email, or using explorer. It has never...