Windows 10: BSOD DPCWatchdog/DriverSchedulerInternalError when install nvidia drvr

Discus and support BSOD DPCWatchdog/DriverSchedulerInternalError when install nvidia drvr in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was playing World of Warcraft and suddenly BSOD came up with error message DPC_Watchdog. after restarting my laptop and trying to play again,same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sontrik, Nov 13, 2016.

1. sontrik Win User

BSOD DPCWatchdog/DriverSchedulerInternalError when install nvidia drvr

I was playing World of Warcraft and suddenly BSOD came up with error message DPC_Watchdog. after restarting my laptop and trying to play again,same error came up and after several try, sometimes Driver Scheduler internal error came up instead DPC_Watchdog. I already update my windows, latest vga card for both intel and nvidia at that time.

I decide to do a clean install, when i install nvidia graphic driver, the screen just freeze while installing. After 5 second freezing, the BSOD message came up with DPC_Watchdog message. I write this post by disabling my secondary graphic (from BIOS) to avoid the same BSOD at startup. Rollback to windows 8.1, using the driver from lenovo website,remove nvidia driver using DDU and install fresh driver seems not fixed the issue. Thank you for your attention and sorry for my bad english

Edit: i just uploaded another log (Driver Scheduler Internal Error), this BSOD came after i use DDU to clean up my Nvidia display driver, enabling switchable graphic in BIOS, and install Nvidia latest driver

Lenovo Y50
    Intel Core I7-4700HQ
    8 GB Ram
    Nvidia GTX 860m 2GB / IntelHD 4600

:)

sontrik, Nov 13, 2016
  2. artibaj Win User

Problem with BLUE SCREENS

probelm is with nvidia drivers plus windows update. i install latest nvidia driver (only garphic driver) but when is windows update (now is 7 day) i get again BSOD.

artibaj, Nov 13, 2016
  3. Win10 nvidia driver issue

Hello,

Recently upgraded to Win10, I face some nvidia graphic card driver issue.

Each time I use nvidia graphic card: playing game, or even just open nvidia experience, I got the BSOD

When using the latest driver 355.60, I got a "System thread exception not handled" BSOD.

When using the 353.62, I got a TDR BSOD.

I tried to uninstall both nvidia and intel hd graphic driver by using DDU and re-install them in safe mode many times. Still cannot resolve the issue.

I post this both in Microsoft community and Nvidia forum.

Any help?

PS: I'm using Geforce 765M, Haswell 4700 cpu

minidump in onedrive: http://1drv.ms/1JcN78W

InvinceWang, Nov 13, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

The Nvidia 860m you say you have is not showing up in any of the files it should, like dxdiag.txt or msinfo32.nfo. Try removing and reinserting the Nvidia card and make sure any external power connectors are connected.

The driver for the Nvidia card is pretty old: Timestamp: Mon Jul 13 12:50:59 2015. The current version available is:

Version: 375.70
    Release Date: 2016.10.28

How To Remove and install latest Nvidia drivers:

I suggest completely uninstalling the Nvidia display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from WagnardMobile (near bottom of page) then get the latest driver for you Nvidia card here: NVIDIA Driver Downloads

Then do a custom install of only the NVidia graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

See if that gets rid of the problem.

Ztruker, Nov 13, 2016
  5. sontrik Win User
    Thanks for the response
    At first i need to disable my switchable graphic from BIOS, so i can get to windows and do some work. Thats why it didn't shows up in the file like it used to be, but i enable it in second log and it just crashed because the latest driver exist. Well, should i try removing and reinserting the graphic card?because that would mean opening up my laptop.

The old driver is a stock driver provided by lenovo website i think, i already use DDU and install the latest driver from nvidia,it just freeze and BSOD Driver Scheduler came up while installing. Is it a sign of hardware failure?

sontrik, Nov 13, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Sorry, I missed that you had a laptop. Does it work if you use the built-in video?

Ztruker, Nov 15, 2016
  7. sontrik Win User
    Yep,it worked perfectly.

sontrik, Nov 15, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Just noticed there is a new Nvidia driver for your 860m Nvidia card dated 11/15: version 375.86. If you haven't tried that versions uyet, give it a try. Use DDU as before.

If that doesn't help then you could try some of the older drivers.

Ztruker, Nov 17, 2016
  9. sontrik Win User
    it doesn't work, Video_Scheduler came up after installing. funny thing is, the BSOD seems to pop up again while using dxdiag to check my system, "bla bla bla usb video or d3d renderer u want to skip the test?" and i choose no to force the test on that particular part.
    I already use older driver provided by lenovo website,same error came up. I attach new crashdump from today latest driver instalation, hope it will help in analyzing. thanks for the response *Smile
    Attachment 110863

sontrik, Nov 20, 2016
  10. sontrik Win User
    using bluescreenviewer, i got bugcheck 0x00000133 caused by driver hal.dll and caused by address hal.dll+4e390, hope this information useful

sontrik, Nov 20, 2016
  11. Ztruker Win User
    All 3 dumps from 11/21 indicate nvlddmkm.sys which is your Nvidia card or driver. I really don't have any suggestions other than replacing the Nvidia card or just removing it and running with the onboard Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600.

Ztruker, Nov 20, 2016
  12. Hi. I have this same problem.Bsod caused by address hal.dll+4e390. Can You solved this problem ?

scotty0069, Jan 26, 2017
  13. Ztruker Win User

Start your own thread, following the directions at the top of the forum.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD DPCWatchdog/DriverSchedulerInternalError when install nvidia drvr - Similar Threads - BSOD DPCWatchdog DriverSchedulerInternalError

2. BSOD: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL when installing nvidia driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL when installing nvidia driver: I've just bought a new laptop. A xps 13 plus, and I`m trying to connect it to a razer core x chroma wich is a egpu enclosure. It contains a nvidia geforce 3070 ti.Whenever i try to install the nvidia driver it blue screens with the VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL...
  3. BSOD: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL when installing nvidia driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL when installing nvidia driver: I've just bought a new laptop. A xps 13 plus, and I`m trying to connect it to a razer core x chroma wich is a egpu enclosure. It contains a nvidia geforce 3070 ti.Whenever i try to install the nvidia driver it blue screens with the VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL...
  4. Windows is running into BSODs when installing/updating Nvidia Drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is running into BSODs when installing/updating Nvidia Drivers.: My windows 11 laptop is running into BSODs whenever I'm trying to upgrade Nvidia drivers. The problem is I can't even uninstall and re-install drivers because it will give me BSODs again. I can give the BSOD dmp files. And yes I have the latest windows version....
  5. Windows is running into BSODs when installing/updating Nvidia Drivers.

Windows is running into BSODs when installing/updating Nvidia Drivers.: My windows 11 laptop is running into BSODs whenever I'm trying to upgrade Nvidia drivers. The problem is I can't even uninstall and re-install drivers because it will give me BSODs again. I can give the BSOD dmp files. And yes I have the latest windows version....
  6. Windows is running into BSODs when installing Nvidia Drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is running into BSODs when installing Nvidia Drivers.: My windows 11 laptop is running into BSODs whenever I'm trying to upgrade Nvidia drivers. The problem is I can't even uninstall and re-install drivers because it will give me BSODs again. I can give the BSOD dmp files. And yes I have the latest windows version....
  7. Windows is running into BSODs when installing Nvidia Drivers.

Windows is running into BSODs when installing Nvidia Drivers.: My windows 11 laptop is running into BSODs whenever I'm trying to upgrade Nvidia drivers. The problem is I can't even uninstall and re-install drivers because it will give me BSODs again. I can give the BSOD dmp files. And yes I have the latest windows version....
  8. BSOD when installing nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when installing nvidia drivers: Earlier I was trying to update to Nvidia's new driver when the installation was almost at its end my pc crashed and kept giving me BSOD. After trying everything from system recovery I had to install clean windows but now I can't seem to install my GPU driver even the old ones...
  9. BSODs NVIDIA

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs NVIDIA: Hi there, after the windows update i have been receiving loads of BSOD. I tried several ways, but the only way to solve it is to install Windows 7 again or disable the graphics card. If the graphics card is active, I get BSOD in a loop. The windows problem manager,...
  10. BSOD when updating iTunes/Nvidia

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when updating iTunes/Nvidia: Running Win 10 Pro 64 bit ver. 1703 build 15063.540 Often when I start my PC I cannot see anything on my desktop, just black. Restart and I get desktop, but only some of the shortcuts are functional. Chrome opens, but Firefox/Edge don't. I've been trying to update iTunes...