Windows 10: BSOD - Driver IRQL

Discus and support BSOD - Driver IRQL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Attachment 98895 PC Parts List : Asus z170 A Bios ver. 1702, only drivers from Asus site downloaded and installed, excluding realtek audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hydten, Aug 29, 2016.

1. hydten Win User

BSOD - Driver IRQL

Attachment 98895

PC Parts List :

Asus z170 A Bios ver. 1702, only drivers from Asus site downloaded and installed, excluding realtek audio (onboard audio disabled in bios, windows hd audio disabled in device manager)
    6600k @ 4.6x and 4.5 cache - passed x264 stress test 50 loops (8hours) done multiple times.
    EVGA SuperSC 2400 2x8GB ram, manual timings inputted into bios 15hr/8pass memtest.
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC @ Stock - Nvidia Driver 372.70 with only display and physx installed
    Samsung Evo M.2 - IRST drivers from Asus site installed, Intel Rapid Storage software disabled on startup. Samsung Magician not installed.
    Soundblaster Z sound card - most recent drivers / no addons

The Problem :

Had this PC for about 5 months, recently after updating to windows 10 anniversity 64bit (could be coincidence), ive been getting a lot of BSODs, related to : kernel security check failure, but mainly DRIVER IRQL LESS OR NOT EQUAL BSODS.
    Happens randomly when i play Overwatch - can happen twice within an hour, or once after 8 hours.

Things I tried :

Reset windows numerous times (6counts) with clean installs, updated drivers from asus site only.
    SFC /Scannow
    Reseated the RAM.
    OCd to 4.6 with 4.5 cache and passed a x264 8hour stress test. Ram settings inputted manually. Memtest for 3 hours, 2 passes, no errors.
    15hr/8Pass Memtest

:)

hydten, Aug 29, 2016
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 29, 2016
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 29, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

BSOD - Driver IRQL

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

It is difficult to tell which drivers might be causing you problems. It could be related to hardware and so a memory test is worth doing. for your system Memtest86+ will need to be run for 1-2 days in order to complete more than the 8 passes which is required for proper testing.

Please remove any overclocking while troubleshooting.

To find if any drivers are causing problems you can run Driver Verifier for a period of about 1 day or until any BSOD occur. Look at the following tutorial and please take heed to the warnings especially about setting a system restore point. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

philc43, Aug 29, 2016
  5. hydten Win User
    just finished a 15hr/8pass memtest, no errors so thats good news. I will follow up with a driver verifier tonight on stock bios and will post again. thnx for the help.

hydten, Aug 30, 2016
  6. hydten Win User
    so i ran driver verifier on a stock bios for a couple of hours while playing overwatch and had no bsods. the readings showed 0 counters for every value when i went into display information on currently verified drivers, which is normal correct? it if is then it seems my overclock has gotten unstable from the last time i updated bios. i will post again within the week if bsods dont occur for more than 2 days.

hydten, Aug 30, 2016
  7. hydten Win User
    im at a complete loss, still getting DRIVER_IRQL bsods after a cmos reset, ddu clean, bios rollback, windows reset. was there anything from the logs that showed anything? happened a couple times during overwatch today, and when i was playing hearthstone and watching twitch.

hydten, Aug 31, 2016
  8. philc43 Win User

BSOD - Driver IRQL

Please post a new zip file with the recent BSOD crash dumps.

philc43, Aug 31, 2016
  9. philc43 Win User
    Hello hydten *Smile

I was able to find the following references to driver errors in one of the new crash dumps:

Code: fffff802`bfa78720 fffff80e`5b586888Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d3851cb7c8216f9e\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x616888 fffff802`bfa785b8 fffff80e`5810e52cUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\e1d65x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e1d65x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e1d65x64.sys e1d65x64+0xe52c[/quote] The first is the nvidea driver but you already have the latest version dated 25 Aug 2016. You could try uninstalling completely all nVidea graphics driver related files using the DDU method and then reinstalling with a clean install just the driver and PhysX files as you have done before.

The second is the Intel Network adaptor driver which is rather older and dated 18 Jun 2015. It would be worth looking for a newer driver for your network adapter.

As two of your BSODs were KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139) errors it would be worth making sure you are up to date with your security and anti-virus software and running a full system scan, I don't think you have a problem here but as this error can sometimes be associated with malicious attacks it is worth checking.

philc43, Aug 31, 2016
  10. hydten Win User
    ah, so i just realized, i flashed my bios with a ntfs usb drive instead of fat32, which may have related to the crashes. i just did a proper flash to the lastest bios ver. (1902) and will ddu clean install, reseat the gpu and do another windows reset just in case. hopefully my issues will be resolved then. thnx for the reply i will post again after a day or two.

hydten, Aug 31, 2016
  11. hydten Win User
    i can update my network adapter drivers to 8/13/2015 via device manager, will it be worth doing it again after my windows reset? installing via device manager can cause issues i heard. driver version becomes 12.13.17.7 from 12.13.17.4, product version stays the same under uninstall programs (20.2.4001.0). and downloads from intels site gives me an unsigned driver prompt. on another note, what can you tell me about Intel Management Engine Components (Intel MEI), is this a necessary install, its listed under chipset drivers on asus' site, but im a bit skeptical on what it does.

hydten, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD - Driver IRQL

1. BSOD - Driver IRQL - Similar Threads - BSOD Driver IRQL

2. BSOD: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL: Hello everyone, I had a problem earlier with a BSOD. I'm running Windows 10 64-bitCPU: AMD FX-6100GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 RAM: 8GB DDR3I have the .dmp files here:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjUybNVmDUiyiydHikz7SA93lW-1?e=aw2t7bThanks...
  3. BSOD: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL: Hello everyone, I had a problem earlier with a BSOD. I'm running Windows 10 64-bitCPU: AMD FX-6100GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 RAM: 8GB DDR3I have the .dmp files here:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjUybNVmDUiyiydHikz7SA93lW-1?e=aw2t7bThanks...
  4. BSOD Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal: My PC became unstable in the last 24 hours, and has given me three different BSODs. One is the 'Driver not less or equal', so I'm guessing a driver is causing this.Could someone take a look at these minidumps to see if they list a problematic driver?...
  5. BSOD Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal: My PC became unstable in the last 24 hours, and has given me three different BSODs. One is the 'Driver not less or equal', so I'm guessing a driver is causing this.Could someone take a look at these minidumps to see if they list a problematic driver?...
  6. driver irql not less or equal BSOD

driver irql not less or equal BSOD: Hi, I have recently bought a HP laptop 4-5 months ago and I came across multiple crashes already. All of these crashes involved a BSOD,the first one had the title: system thread exception not handled and I looked it up online and did manage to fix it. A couple weeks later, I...
  7. BSOD - Driver IRQL not less or equal

BSOD - Driver IRQL not less or equal: This started happening after I updated windows to 2004. Occasionally I would get a BSOD, and it would happen at different times, so I don't know what I exactly did to cause it. The "stop code" was: 'DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL'. I've gotten this problem a week ago, but I...
  8. BSOD - IRQL driver problem

BSOD - IRQL driver problem: I read the post from : ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP) Created on February 21, 2017 BSOD Finding and fixing them So I'm sending the link (OneDrive) to be analysed: DMP files, Speecy, and MsInfo32 https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsJBL-ZZrwmti2BZwlUXHZL_b5Y2...
  9. Bsod: Irql driver not less_or_equal to (usbxhci)

Bsod: Irql driver not less_or_equal to (usbxhci): Got my new laptop a couple of weeks ago ad it came with a carcked downloader on it. I uninstalled since it was in thai and since i updated it it liked to tell me it was cracked every minute. My laptop said restart to finish everything off so did and thats when it started...
  10. IRQL or driver IRQL

IRQL or driver IRQL: Hello everyone. I have a problem with my pc. After a hardware upgrade (which I will say that I didn't format my drive) I started having some BSOD. The change happened at the start of August, so I have been running most of the month without a problem. Now I know that a...