Windows 10: BSOD: Driver power state failure, on wake up from sleep - since win 10

Discus and support BSOD: Driver power state failure, on wake up from sleep - since win 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hello This is a problem with my Dad's PC, I am default tech support but this is beyond my knowledge. I don't have access to the PC all the time but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by matchbook, Aug 25, 2015.

1. matchbook Win User

BSOD: Driver power state failure, on wake up from sleep - since win 10

hello
    This is a problem with my Dad's PC, I am default tech support but this is beyond my knowledge. I don't have access to the PC all the time but have been going on with team viewer (thankfully, saves a long drive).

BSOD: Driver power state failure
    This only occurs after the PC goes to sleep and is woken back up again, no issues at any other time.
    The PC was upgraded from win 7 home to 10 a week or 2 ago.

I have tried updating windows (had to do 2 updates manually, it wouldn't install them!), checked for any driver errors in device manager and system information but no luck *cry

Dump files and info attached (hope these are OKAttachment 33831Attachment 33832

edit:
    forgot to mention, also edited the power settings within windows, set to high performance (was on balanced) and this hasn't fixed it.

:)

matchbook, Aug 25, 2015
  2. BruceW268 Win User

High CPU usage - system interrupts - when waking from sleep

Updated to 1703 Creators update, with no change to the BSoD or high CPU usage problem upon waking from sleep. The BSoD indicates that it is a Power State Driver failure. So somehow I need to clean out
    anything that could have corrupted the power state driver(s), but don't know if there is another option than resetting (reinstalling) Windows OS and then reinstalling drivers and all software.

BruceW268, Aug 25, 2015
  3. driver power state failure on wake up from sleep (after win 10 aniversary update)

Hi

I ran verifier, i can confirm it was active before shut down, but aas soon as the laptop started it did the BSOD, the DMP files did not appear, i followed the advice to cure that, but there is still no logfiles.

I have not upgraded drivers yet, is that as full list of the drivers that need updating?

Thanks

waggywaggy, Aug 25, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Please read BSOD Posting Instructions

Please fill in your system specsPlease go to this site and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill your system specs more completely in.How to fill in your system specs:
    Attachment 33891
    Attachment 33892

5. matchbook Win User
    here is the updated zip file: Attachment 33924

Edit: System spec updated

matchbook, Aug 25, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    The crashes are caused by a driver from GEAR software.
    Please update or remove this software.
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm GEARAspiWDM start end module name fffff801`e8910000 fffff801`e8916c00 GEARAspiWDM T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: GEARAspiWDM.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\GEARAspiWDM.sys Image name: GEARAspiWDM.sys Timestamp: Thu May 03 21:56:17 2012 (4FA2E2E1) CheckSum: 00008963 ImageSize: 00006C00 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

7. matchbook Win User
    still getting the same error on here, have done what I can to fix the listed problem.

Please see updated attached log fileAttachment 38447

matchbook, Sep 19, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

What exactly is it that you have done? Please describe with as much details as possible.

9. axe0 New Member
    Anyway, please uninstall iTunes, or update it.
    It appears that iTunes uses the same driver as the Gear software.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD: Driver power state failure, on wake up from sleep - since win 10 - Similar Threads - BSOD Driver power

2. BSOD Driver Power State Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Driver Power State Failure: Please help me I'm so desperate about this one, so here's my problem.I can't update my NVIDIA Drivers without getting BSOD Driver Power State Failure no matter what I do I have to get that first, I've tried to clean install NVIDIA Drivers still the same.I'm using Bitdefender...
  3. BSOD - Driver Power State Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Driver Power State Failure: I seem to get a BSOD after restarting or hard resetting my PC. This has been happening for quite a while and was happening on Windows 10 prior to 11. Please let me know what you find. Mini Dump - 051323-6843-01.dmpThanks!...
  4. Driver Power State Failure BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver Power State Failure BSOD: My laptop keeps shutting off with the Driver Power State Failure, even if I just leave it alone.I got the crashdumps and analyzed with WinDbg and got the following:DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time. Arguments:...
  5. BSOD: DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE: Hello,I've been attempting to repair a device for some time with no luck. Laptop is a Dell Precision 5560 Device powers on successfully and runs 2-10 minutes before returning the BSOD Driver Power State Failure.I have updated the BIOS, reinstalled the OS using Dell's built in...
  6. BSOD: DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE

BSOD: DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE: Hello,I've been attempting to repair a device for some time with no luck. Laptop is a Dell Precision 5560 Device powers on successfully and runs 2-10 minutes before returning the BSOD Driver Power State Failure.I have updated the BIOS, reinstalled the OS using Dell's built in...
  7. driver power state failure BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver power state failure BSOD: I have been experiencing a BSOD since 15 days randomly sometimes once a day sometimes 5 times a dayI have tried looking over the net for all possible solutions but haven't found any.attaching the dump filehttps://www.dropbox.com/s/25yjxbxe8ukgzt9/021622-11578-01.dmp?dl=0...
  8. BSOD-Driver power state failure

BSOD-Driver power state failure: Hi all, I've been experiencing a BSOD issue with the code: driver power state failure when I restart my newly bought desktop. I have a USB WiFi dapater, mouse and keyboard connected to the desktop. I am positive that the USB WiFi dapater and its driver are fine because I sent...
  9. BSOD - DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE

BSOD - DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE: Greetings to all. Since I bought my notebook, the BSOD - DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE happens everyday, more than 1 year. I reinstalled Windows several times and the bsod insists. I feel like I´ve tried everything. Here´s the files...
  10. "Driver power state failure" BsoD after waking up from sleep or closing the laptop physically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Driver power state failure" BsoD after waking up from sleep or closing the laptop physically: I have a Lenovo yoga 530 with Ryzen 7 laptop is probably just shy of off a year old, and have had this problem for a while now and ive finally decided to try and sort this out. I first reset my PC as I felt like it was quite messy and wasn't that well taken care of in the...