Windows 10: BSOD - Driver problem or hardware?

Discus and support BSOD - Driver problem or hardware? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been getting BSOD for months, such as: -System thread exception not handled -Kernal security check failure -Memory management -Driver IRQL not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by deadlykitten542, Mar 7, 2020.

1. BSOD - Driver problem or hardware?

I have been getting BSOD for months, such as:
    -System thread exception not handled
    -Kernal security check failure
    -Memory management
    -Driver IRQL not less or equal
    and a few others I've forgotten about

Windows version: Build 18363.693

I think this is a driver issue as the program BlueScreenView has mentioned drivers such as 'ntoskrnl.exe', although I don't know what exactly I need to do to fix this problem

I have had my RAM tested (RAM tests I have personally done and it has also been shipped off and tested)
    I have switched graphics cards, I am currently using someones NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, but I originally was using a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 TI
    My power supply has been replaced recently, with the same model
    I have switched my old SSD for someone elses SSD
    I have bought a new motherboard
    I uninstalled the Nvidia experience app and let Windows install my drivers (only recently, thought maybe it was Nvidia giving me issues)

I have tried some online suggestions already such as:
    -Used DDU to uninstall graphics drivers
    -I have used the System File Checker (SFC)/CHKDSK
    -Reinstalled Windows (I actually have done this once again today with an official Windows ISO from Microsoft)
    -Updated drivers
    -Driver Verifier (months ago I tried this, don't remember exactly what happened, but it did something bad that forced me to have to format my PC)

I have no idea what to do, I've tried lots of troubleshooting and I just keep getting more BSOD. I have used V2 Log collector and my PC log is attached.

:)

deadlykitten542, Mar 7, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Multiple BSOD hardware issue or driver issue ?

Hi Iriszer0,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the question listed below.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the steps listed in
    troubleshoot blue screen errors
    and check if it works.

Meanwhile you may also go through:

1. troubleshoot CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION
    2. troubleshoot CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    3. troubleshoot SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 7, 2020
  3. alexsubri Win User
    BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD - Driver problem or hardware? [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Mar 7, 2020
  4. BSOD - Driver problem or hardware?

The Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection Adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter as below and check if it helps.

• Type in search bar as control panel.
    • Then select troubleshooting.
    • Click on hardware and sound option.
    • Then click on “hardware and devices “and follow the on screen instructions.
    Method 2: I suggest you to uninstall the network drivers as below steps.

• Press Windows+X and select “Device manager”.
    • Then expand the Network adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and uninstall it.
    And then go to the manufacturers website download the network drivers, install it and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

BSOD - Driver problem or hardware?

1. BSOD - Driver problem or hardware? - Similar Threads - BSOD Driver problem

2. BSOD - driver problems?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD - driver problems?: My laptop regularly crashes to a bsod. I followed this post that suggests that it is due to a misbehaving driver. When the crash happens, I get a message like DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION but it doesn't specify which driver it is. I created DMP files following this post...
  3. Constant BSODs without change of hardware or drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSODs without change of hardware or drivers: Hi, I've recently been having around 3 blue screen errors a day, each with different errors. The errors I've seen so far have included : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by nvlddmkm.sys SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION caused by win32kbase.sys SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION caused by...
  4. Weird graphics problem, is it a virus or a driver or hardware problem?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird graphics problem, is it a virus or a driver or hardware problem?: Hi everyone. Edge has been acting differently for some time. If I click on the usual page in the usual place instead of giving me the usual result, sometimes (1 time out of 10/20 or so), it shows me an advertisement. I didn't worry so much because the advertisement goes...
  5. BSOD, Drivers? Hardware? HELP!!

BSOD, Drivers? Hardware? HELP!!: Hey guys been getting a lot of BSOD's recently usually a machine exception check. So tired of chasing my tail! Checked my event viewer and usually have 2 driver failures before a Kernel power issue from the reboot dont know if they are related or just a symptom of the BSOD....
  6. BSOD Potentially Driver Issues or Hardware?

BSOD Potentially Driver Issues or Hardware?: Hi Please see my previous thread here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-crashing-and-performance-issuesfreezing/00bd4dcc-47e5-4a40-a3a0-0d6f31156b34? In summary, I've done a clean install of Windows 10, replaced the GPU, replaced the CMOS...
  7. Problems with BSOD on new hardware

Problems with BSOD on new hardware: Recently I changed my motherboard and processor. I installed windows 10 64bit pro and newest drivers for everything. After 1 day I experienced some bsod kmode exeption not handled & system service exeption. It happened randomly when watching netflix or playing games. After...
  8. Multiple BSOD hardware issue or driver issue ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple BSOD hardware issue or driver issue ?: Hello microsoft community, I got some very frustating issues with my pc and I dont know how to fix it. In the last months my pc got various types of BSOD ( most of them were Critical_Structure_Corruption, Critical_Process_Died or System_Service_Exception). I tried...
  9. Random BSOD, suspect a hardware problem

Random BSOD, suspect a hardware problem: Firstly, thanks in advance for any advice or help... I've had my system since 2011. Run windows 7 Ultimate the entire time until recently. Now windows 10 Pro. Some basic system info... i7-2600K (no overclocking) Asus P8Z68-V (latest BIOS) ...using built-in HD3000 graphics...
  10. Windows 10 BSOD's - Driver problem or Hardware failure?

Windows 10 BSOD's - Driver problem or Hardware failure?: Hey there, Ive been having blue screens for quite a while now and been trying to fix them myself but Ive decided it might be easier with some assistance. Ive ran memtest86+ for a whole day and found no errors. I ran prime95 and furmark for a couple of hours with no...