Windows 10: BSOD - Driver Verifier detected a violation

Discus and support BSOD - Driver Verifier detected a violation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, so in the last couple of hours, had 3 or 4 BSODs with various messages, but the last one has been driver verifier one. Here are the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by starview, Dec 26, 2016.

1. starview Win User

BSOD - Driver Verifier detected a violation

Hi all, so in the last couple of hours, had 3 or 4 BSODs with various messages, but the last one has been driver verifier one.

Here are the messsages:
    Kernel Security Check Failure
    System T Read E - ATIKMdag.sys
    Driver verifier has detected a violation (3 of them)

When I got the first couple of ones, I ran the driver verifier which continued the BSODs ...I figured out how to disable it and hopefully lessen slugishness.

I have not installed anyhting other than a translation thing on Firefox.

I uninstalled Acronis True Image as was getting weird messages
    I unchecked "self protection" on MalwareBytes
    I did a scannow as well as chkdsk /f /r
    I ran ccleaner

I even downloaded whocrashed, log file attached:

mini dump file enclosed.

PC is now quite slow, maybe due to driver verifier

Hope someone has some guidance for me

:)

starview, Dec 26, 2016

2. BSOD" Driver Verifier Detected Violation

Hello,

I just recently followed steps regarding an original DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Stop Code I received. I ran verifier to check for faults and rebooted per this thread: Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver.

I collected two minidump files and saved my MSInfo32 and specs onto my OneDrive.

033118-5531-01 1.dmp - Minidump 1

033118-8968-01 1.dmp - Minidump 2

LOCKSTOCK.txt - Specs txt file

MSInfo 3-31-18 1.nfo - msinfo32

I think it's a driver issue, but not sure which. My system has been crashing frequently or at times booting up strangely (desktop icons not loading for a couple minutes, etc). Any help is appreciated!

BrianCipoletta, Dec 26, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    BSOD" Driver Verifier Detected Violation

Hi Brian, the Mini-dumps indicate you have both an nVidia and Intel HD graphics cards on your system and they are named as the culprits . .

Do this for the Intel HD Video device:

Open Device Manager - Accessible by right clicking your Start Button

Expand the Display Devices section

Right click your graphics card and choose properties

On the driver tab, choose 'Roll Back Driver'

If the Roll back option is grayed out, right click the device and choose Uninstall

Confirm deletion of the driver files

Either way, restart your PC . . .

Check to see if the issue is resolved, if not, do the same for your nVidia Video Card

DaveM121, Dec 26, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

The last zip file you uploaded is empty. Try running DM_Log_Collector again and upload that zip. Make sure it's not empty first.

Ztruker, Dec 26, 2016
  5. starview Win User
    Oh my... am travelling right now, will try again in a couple of days and repost/

Had no idea it was empty

starview, Dec 27, 2016
  6. starview Win User
    Hi all, Happy Pre New Year.

Do let me know if the file is ok now. I ran it twice and enclosing both.

As an fyi, today it crashed twice, message was fault in a non fault area, ntsf system failed.. was kkinda quick so not sure I got the entire message.

Thanks again

starview, Dec 30, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Better, everything is there now.

The first dump from 12/26 indicates a problem with atikmpag.sys.
    Code: ffffc101`08b85f18 fffff806`63588118*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys atikmpag+0x48118[/quote] Driver Description: ATI Video driver (remove the Catalyst Control Center and only install the Display Driver)
    Driver Update Site: Support & Drivers

The driver you have is dated 03/12/2016.

I suggest completely uninstalling the display driver using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from WagnardMobile (near bottom of page) then get the latest driver for your card and install it. Uninstall Catalysts Control Center first and do not reinstall it, see if that helps.

The other dumps, including the Driver Verifier induced dump, don't show anything useful.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD - Driver Verifier detected a violation - Similar Threads - BSOD Driver Verifier

2. BSOD Driver Verifier Detected Violation with no Driver name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Driver Verifier Detected Violation with no Driver name: I've been getting random reboots with no error codes, so I ran the driver verifier to find out what driver could be causing it. The driver verifier caused a blue screen loop with no driver name, so I rebooted into safe mode to disable it. I can't recreate the random reboots...
  3. BSOD error driver verifier detected violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error driver verifier detected violation: I am getting BSOD constantly. In order to resolve, I switched on driver verifier. I then experienced BSOD with error Driver verifier detected violation.I have the dmp file on One Drive ready to share.I need assistance in understanding what is wrong with my PC....
  4. BSOD error driver verifier detected violation

BSOD error driver verifier detected violation: I am getting BSOD constantly. In order to resolve, I switched on driver verifier. I then experienced BSOD with error Driver verifier detected violation.I have the dmp file on One Drive ready to share.I need assistance in understanding what is wrong with my PC....
  5. BSOD: Driver Verifier Detected Violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: Driver Verifier Detected Violation: Greetings. Recently I've had trouble with my laptop randomly freezing then restarting. I decided to troubleshoot by going through windows event logs and turning on driver verifier. When I turned verifier on, a blue screen appeared after rebooting showing the error "DRIVER...
  6. BSOD: Driver Verifier Detected Violation

BSOD: Driver Verifier Detected Violation: Greetings. Recently I've had trouble with my laptop randomly freezing then restarting. I decided to troubleshoot by going through windows event logs and turning on driver verifier. When I turned verifier on, a blue screen appeared after rebooting showing the error "DRIVER...
  7. BSOD: Driver Verifier Detected Violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. BSOD Driver Verifier Detected Violation No Name

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Driver Verifier Detected Violation No Name: Hello!I've been having a few BSOD errors over the past couple weeks that seem to be completely random, so one of the things I tested out was to run the driver verification tool, but that turned up a BSOD screen with Driver Verifier Detected Violation on a loop with no name of...
  9. Driver verifier detected violation BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver verifier detected violation BSOD: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjyfBDZNZqa8sTBssgAbKoCKChGa?e=Oxf9BxHi, please review the uploaded files for a continuing driver crash issue with my PC. Any help would be appreciated.Kind regards,Rhys...
  10. BSOD driver verifier detected violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD driver verifier detected violation: Hello, I have been getting IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD and as such have ran Driver Verifier which returned the BSOD driver verifier detected violation. Wondering if anyone has any advice or can help?! Link to mini dump and hardware specs:...