Windows 10: BSOD Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_equal (ndis.sys) or (jnprns.sys)

Discus and support BSOD Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_equal (ndis.sys) or (jnprns.sys) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My system has been running fine for over a year. I have had a few crashes but they have been very few and far between and the system always came right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by usuee, May 10, 2016.

1. usuee Win User

BSOD Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_equal (ndis.sys) or (jnprns.sys)

My system has been running fine for over a year. I have had a few crashes but they have been very few and far between and the system always came right back up and everything was fine. Until last night that is. I was not even working on the computer, so it was just idle, when I noticed it had crashed. The reboot crashed and so on and so on. I am working on it right now in Safe Mode. That is the only thing that will boot.

I dont have a clue what to do now. I have tried a system restore and that did not work. I have just downloaded a new iso of Windows 10 thinking that I will have to reinstall, but I don't want to. I am hoping someone can give me a clue what to try next.

:)

usuee, May 10, 2016

2. Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)

I have lenovo Z51-70. On 3rd - Oct -2016 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3194496) was installed successfully. Since then i have been facing BSOD. Total 2 BSOD i have seen.

1) DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ndis.sys

2) DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL tcpip.sys

Windows 10 update traps some systems in a boot loop, Microsoft promises fix [Updated] - ExtremeTech

Please refer this article they say that it's windows update problem ?

GauravYadav007, May 10, 2016
  3. BSOD after sleep.

Dear Eeshwar,

1. I had installed Microsoft Safety Scanner and peformed necessary test. It haven't found any suspicious things.

2. I enabled "Driver Verifier Tool".
    As result my OS was falling into BSOD after each boot with message: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ndis.sys). So i reverted this changes in safe mode.

The problem is still present. Looking forward for your assistance.

Vladimir Zaytsev, May 10, 2016
  4. uglysquid Win User

I had the same BSOD referencing jnprns.sys last night. For what it is worth, removing jnprns.sys from C:\Windows\System32\Drivers did stop the BSOD and let me boot up. However, Juniper Pulse Secure now doesn't secure the connection, and no number of uninstalls, reinstalls, and reboots has fixed it. It is a work in progress, but maybe that will help you at least get a foothold.

uglysquid, May 10, 2016
  5. Mscott13 Win User
    I JUST HAD THIS PROBLEM TODAY! Wanna know what it is? Junios Pulse, it's a VPN program I use to use while at college that screws up connection to the Internet. As long as your on airplane mode you can use your CP for anything but the Internet. Uninstall Junios Pulse which is a product of Juniper Networks, and make sure all those Pulse files are cleared. I used Ccleaner to get rid of the left over files once I uninstalled. That should do it!

Mscott13, May 10, 2016
  6. uglysquid Win User
    Yes, it is a pulse driver, as I said, but VPN does more than "screw up connection to the internet." I'm going to tell our help desk that they need to get a call in to Pulse Secure (not Juniper, anymore, I've learned) because something is broken. So far they are stumped. WhoCrashed says the driver is at fault and strongly recommends updating it.

uglysquid, May 10, 2016
  7. usuee Win User
    How do I uninstall when I can't boot in anything but safe mode? I have tried to Uninstall in safe mode and it says it has done it but when I try to boot normally I crash with the same error. Do I remove the driver while in safe mode then try booting? Will that screw up the uninstall? These kinds of errors make me feel so helpless. I work on networks for a living but windows is a whole different world.

usuee, May 11, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

BSOD Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_equal (ndis.sys) or (jnprns.sys) [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    BSOD Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_equal (ndis.sys) or (jnprns.sys) [​IMG]
    Clean boot
    Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.

9. thliaw Win User
    Any updates from the thread owner?

thliaw, May 11, 2016
  10. usuee Win User
    Can I do that from safe mode?

usuee, May 11, 2016
  11. uglysquid Win User
    I ran out of time to troubleshoot this, so I reset Windows, using the troubleshooting option, which reinstalled Windows 10, and VPN works again, even after applying all the updates. I keep a fairly clean system, so reinstalling everything won't take long.

Good luck!

uglysquid, May 11, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Yes you can configure a clean boot from safe mode, if it helps we know it is a driver/service at boot for sure.

13. usuee Win User

Still crashes with the exact same error.

usuee, May 12, 2016
  14. usuee Win User
    I got in with Safe Mode and renamed the file jnprns.sys in system32 to jnprns.sys.old. This allowed the computer to boot up. Once I got booted, I uninstalled Pulse Secure. Rebooted and started turning services back on. Seems like it is running again, but I have not tried to VPN to work yet.

usuee, May 12, 2016
  15. usuee Win User
    After renaming jnprns.sys to jmprns.sys.old computer boots up and was able to uninstall Pulse Secure. Then remoted into work and reloaded Pulse Secure and all seems to be working again.

usuee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_equal (ndis.sys) or (jnprns.sys) - Similar Threads - BSOD Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_equal ndis

2. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal wdf01000.sys BSOD ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver_irql_not_less_or_equal wdf01000.sys BSOD ??: I have been experiencing this issue constantly, its starting to be multiple times a day and im unsure how i can fix this.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driverirqlnotlessorequal-wdf01000sys-bsod/af9be678-2d61-4903-8d08-84d03488bd3b
  3. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal wdf01000.sys BSOD ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    driver_irql_not_less_or_equal wdf01000.sys BSOD ??: I have been experiencing this issue constantly, its starting to be multiple times a day and im unsure how i can fix this.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driverirqlnotlessorequal-wdf01000sys-bsod/af9be678-2d61-4903-8d08-84d03488bd3b
  4. BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal wdf01000.sys

BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal wdf01000.sys: Hello, so a few days ago I got this BSOD screen. At first I thought that it had something to do with my gpu drivers. But after I uninstalled my GPU driver using DDU and installed the latest version of my GPU driver, I got the BSOD video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys Can anyone...
  5. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - CH341S64.SYS BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - CH341S64.SYS BSOD: Hello,So the last couple of weeks I've been getting bluescreens related to my arduino. They happen at random. I've tried reinstalling the latest drivers and changing usb ports. I also can't think of any program or driver I've installed that could interfere with it.Driver...
  6. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - CH341S64.SYS BSOD

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - CH341S64.SYS BSOD: Hello,So the last couple of weeks I've been getting bluescreens related to my arduino. They happen at random. I've tried reinstalling the latest drivers and changing usb ports. I also can't think of any program or driver I've installed that could interfere with it.Driver...
  7. BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL L1C63x64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL L1C63x64.sys: Hi, since a month or two I'm getting this BSOD while streaming with OBS https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Rah2ipKpSC85ao5wmyxu3I6peK5DOhyj DMP File...
  8. BSOD L1C63x64.sys / Driver_IRQL_Not_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD L1C63x64.sys / Driver_IRQL_Not_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello, recently i have been having some blue screens usualy while streaming, usualy after 1 hour passed but not always, sometimes it last 3 hours some times less than 1 tried stressing the processor but it didnt made a blue screen. Someone have any idea? I attach the BSOD...
  9. BSOD Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL L1C63x64.sys

BSOD Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL L1C63x64.sys: Hello So for the past couple of months I've been using my work phone to tether for my internet and no problems. I have to give it back soon so I'm back to using Comcast (shudder) which means I'm back to using my ethernet which is when all this started happening. I've...
  10. Persistent BSOD: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal L1C63x64.sys

Persistent BSOD: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal L1C63x64.sys: I've been having the same BSOD for the last few months. I haven't noticed a pattern about when it crashes, I tried to use the program Driver Booster 3 to update everything but clearly isn't a solution like I hoped. Since it started happening I've done both a system restore...