Windows 10: BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(ndis.sys)

Discus and support BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(ndis.sys) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, i had a cumulative update windows10 (kb4038788) last week on 13/09/17 and i noticed my pc response is slow and laggy after last week's W10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by spyslayer, Sep 17, 2017.

1. spyslayer Win User

BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(ndis.sys)

Hi,

i had a cumulative update windows10 (kb4038788) last week on 13/09/17 and i noticed my pc response is slow and laggy after last week's W10 updates. in fact, i also have screen blackouts for a few seconds and then screen will comes back a few sec later. i also suffer PC freezes, sometimes at least once a day. Also, sometimes, when i want to start my PC, my PC tries to boot over and over but can't startup. i have to cool down the CPU, GPU with air duster before i can get it to boot up.

Usually, i had 10 Chrome opened and at least 5 software applications running at the same time ( i have been doing this for last 6 months and had no issue), but today while running 10 chrome and 5 apps, i have BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(ndis.sys).

pls see DM log.
    thanks in advance for your help!

:)

spyslayer, Sep 17, 2017

2. Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)

I have lenovo Z51-70. On 3rd - Oct -2016 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3194496) was installed successfully. Since then i have been facing BSOD. Total 2 BSOD i have seen.

1) DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ndis.sys

2) DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL tcpip.sys

Windows 10 update traps some systems in a boot loop, Microsoft promises fix [Updated] - ExtremeTech

Please refer this article they say that it's windows update problem ?

GauravYadav007, Sep 17, 2017
  3. BSOD after sleep.

Dear Eeshwar,

1. I had installed Microsoft Safety Scanner and peformed necessary test. It haven't found any suspicious things.

2. I enabled "Driver Verifier Tool".
    As result my OS was falling into BSOD after each boot with message: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ndis.sys). So i reverted this changes in safe mode.

The problem is still present. Looking forward for your assistance.

Vladimir Zaytsev, Sep 17, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi spyslayer,

Update your Realtek LAN driver to the newest version from Gigabyte *Smile

5. spyslayer Win User
    Hi axe0,

i'm a newie to this. what steps should I take?

• do i uninstall the driver first before i install the new one?
    • can i install the new one without uninstalling the old one?
    • do i click "Control Panel", and then, "Programs and features", then Click Uninstall Realtek LAN driver?
    • Or do i uninstall and install the new driver under "device manager"?

spyslayer, Sep 18, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    The following method is mostly used
    1. Download the installer from Gigabyte
    2. Run the installer
    3. Reboot the system when the installer is finished
    4. Done
    This replaces the drivers by removing the current onces and placing the new onces.
    Please note, Realtek probably will first remove the current onces, reboot and install new onces. It mostly doesn't matter how reinstalling is done, so long as the current drivers are being overwritten.

The device manager represents a list which is retrieved from a database.
    When removing a device from device manager, you only remove the entry from the list and tell Windows that it should not use the drivers anymore. The drivers are not deleted.

7. spyslayer Win User
    i did what u instructed. so far no BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(ndis.sys).

but i still have screen blackouts for a few seconds and then screen will comes back a few sec later. today i just had a PC freeze.

I've been getting nvlddmkm errors in event viewer since W10 update on 13/09/17.

In event viewer, I get about one nvlddmkm error events almost every minute:

The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted.

You can install or repair the component on the local computer.If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
    1927(15d4) 00000000 00000000

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Also get a warning event in event viewer usually on top of error events, "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered".

there is no BSOD, so i don't know what to do.

any advice greatly appreciated. thanks.

spyslayer, Sep 20, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

9. spyslayer Win User
    i did what u instructed and updated display driver.

but i still get random screen blackouts for a few seconds and then screen will comes back a few sec later.

I still see nvlddmkm errors in event viewer.

In event viewer, I get about one nvlddmkm error events almost every minute:

The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted.

You can install or repair the component on the local computer.If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
    1927(15d4) 00000000 00000000

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Also get a warning event in event viewer usually on top of error events, "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered".

any advice greatly appreciated. thanks.

spyslayer, Sep 23, 2017
  10. axe0 New Member
    Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(ndis.sys) [​IMG]

BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(ndis.sys) [​IMG]

11. spyslayer Win User
    last week i reseat CMOS battery and forgot to reload default BIOS. i just reload defalt bios and so far no black screen. i m keeping my fingers crossed, hopefully this is the solution. i appreciate your time and help. thanks for your kind assistance.

spyslayer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(ndis.sys) - Similar Threads - BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ndis

2. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal wdf01000.sys BSOD ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver_irql_not_less_or_equal wdf01000.sys BSOD ??: I have been experiencing this issue constantly, its starting to be multiple times a day and im unsure how i can fix this.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driverirqlnotlessorequal-wdf01000sys-bsod/af9be678-2d61-4903-8d08-84d03488bd3b
  3. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal wdf01000.sys BSOD ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    driver_irql_not_less_or_equal wdf01000.sys BSOD ??: I have been experiencing this issue constantly, its starting to be multiple times a day and im unsure how i can fix this.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driverirqlnotlessorequal-wdf01000sys-bsod/af9be678-2d61-4903-8d08-84d03488bd3b
  4. BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal wdf01000.sys

BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal wdf01000.sys: Hello, so a few days ago I got this BSOD screen. At first I thought that it had something to do with my gpu drivers. But after I uninstalled my GPU driver using DDU and installed the latest version of my GPU driver, I got the BSOD video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys Can anyone...
  5. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - CH341S64.SYS BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - CH341S64.SYS BSOD: Hello,So the last couple of weeks I've been getting bluescreens related to my arduino. They happen at random. I've tried reinstalling the latest drivers and changing usb ports. I also can't think of any program or driver I've installed that could interfere with it.Driver...
  6. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - CH341S64.SYS BSOD

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - CH341S64.SYS BSOD: Hello,So the last couple of weeks I've been getting bluescreens related to my arduino. They happen at random. I've tried reinstalling the latest drivers and changing usb ports. I also can't think of any program or driver I've installed that could interfere with it.Driver...
  7. BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL L1C63x64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL L1C63x64.sys: Hi, since a month or two I'm getting this BSOD while streaming with OBS https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Rah2ipKpSC85ao5wmyxu3I6peK5DOhyj DMP File...
  8. BSOD L1C63x64.sys / Driver_IRQL_Not_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD L1C63x64.sys / Driver_IRQL_Not_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello, recently i have been having some blue screens usualy while streaming, usualy after 1 hour passed but not always, sometimes it last 3 hours some times less than 1 tried stressing the processor but it didnt made a blue screen. Someone have any idea? I attach the BSOD...
  9. BSOD Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL L1C63x64.sys

BSOD Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL L1C63x64.sys: Hello So for the past couple of months I've been using my work phone to tether for my internet and no problems. I have to give it back soon so I'm back to using Comcast (shudder) which means I'm back to using my ethernet which is when all this started happening. I've...
  10. BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (L1C62x64.sys)

BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (L1C62x64.sys): hello i have a driver problem and its pointing to L1C62x64.sys the driver from the qualcomm atheros AR8171/8175 PCI-E gigabit Ethernet Controller (ndis 6.20) but i dont know how to fix it or if it realy is that driver. before windows 10 my pc was windows 7 home premium....