Windows 10: BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Unknown driver causing it

Discus and support BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Unknown driver causing it in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; driver_irql_not_less_or_equal is a BSOD that keeps happening to me while im playing games and I can't identify why , I reinstalled windows completly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Irlydunno11, Aug 19, 2020.

1. BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Unknown driver causing it

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal is a BSOD that keeps happening to me while im playing games and I can't identify why , I reinstalled windows completly brand new and wiped everything off my pc and checked for solutions

:)

Irlydunno11, Aug 19, 2020
  2. Athamas Win User

BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I have been getting random BSOD (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Source: nwifi.sys) in the last 3 days. They seem to only appear when playing videos on YouYube, but it might be a coincidence.

What has changed in the last 3 days?

Nothing on the laptop itself. I plugged in a new keyboard and mouse (both USB), and a USB hub (USB-C).
    I also installed new drivers for the Intel Graphics and "Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Manager" as suggested by Dell Driver Updater, but this was an attempt to fix the BSOD, which already happened before updating these drivers.

What are the laptop info and specs?

Most recent dump files?

This is the content of C:\Windows\Minidump: (all 3 are the most recent BSOD dumps and match with the date and time of the BSODs)

https://mega.nz/#!40B0TBAA!7n_QUccYUPr80FN0bvhY2evT_0SWbadh1MBFpxqh3Hk
    https://mega.nz/#!B0YRUIAZ!XB25NdCVqBFkEleRdFPsKgGssf9PReYKXP5IJIFz1uY
    https://mega.nz/#!FtJQmIba!sYXWqG3ayUyaIp7Vf6wnQrhJMYldHwIg8tw46cNp2fo

What have you tried?

I have checked with the Dell System Detect utility to see if all the drivers were up to date; 2 weren't and I updated them (as written above) but that didn't solve the issue.

I have cleaned the system Registry with the CCleaner utility, but that didn't solve the issue.

What can I do?

EDIT:

Upon suggestion, I updated the killer drivers.
    All seemes fine of a while, then, after the laptop went to suspended state, I noticed the external mouse stopped working, while the touchpad worked.
    After plugging and unplugging, I rebooted.
    Laptop stuck to reboot for 6 min (usually takes 6 seconds) then BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.

Log:

https://mega.nz/#!RxhhyBYJ!7AGY6uAErZnqeE_lGCfk65Webalfc0vNbC_NokwJ-ys

Athamas, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Windows BSOD due to an Unknown Module (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)

Hello, according to WhoCrashed my computer has crashed two times due to DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, but the module is unknown. WhoCrashed states:

This was probably caused by the following module:
    Unknown (0xFFFFF8016D328ACA)

Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8016D328ACA)

This was probably caused by the following module:
    Unknown (0xFFFFF80581D4828A)

Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80581D4828A)

The minidump files are here:

https://master.tus.io/files/3a2120f...h7m63Ugtc8jvSdT62CpvKFebCTPU3NEuGexh44ctO_hSq

https://master.tus.io/files/b75b8d2...kTRFKdeGOPFSatxNieNJ8Xf9zBGUDi83AVaKnNP1wVlwR

Is anyone able to take a look at this? Thank you.

AstitwaGhimire, Aug 19, 2020
  4. BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Unknown driver causing it

BSOD - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (l1c63x64.sys)

Hi Seung,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by BSOD - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (l1c63x64.sys).

Please let us know the make/model of your computer.

The L1C63x64.sys is the Atheros LAN driver and I would suggest to uninstall and reinstall the Atheros LAN driver but install the latest Atheros LAN driver by visiting the manufacture's website and avoid using any LAN driver available though Windows Update.

However the problem could also be with any VPN software and other software so make sure you have the latest version of each of these software.

If the errors continue uninstall the VPN software and check if the issue persist.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries for BSOD - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (l1c63x64.sys). We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Unknown driver causing it

1. BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Unknown driver causing it - Similar Threads - BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Unknown

2. Unknown cause for repeated bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown cause for repeated bsod: Was playing roblox and have had repeated bsod with the bugcheck x133 dpc watchdog violation. I have two minidump files but I don't know how to attach them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-cause-for-repeated-bsod/5523de0a-c87c-47ed-90e6-ff88e3591b43
  3. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD caused by rtf64x64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD caused by rtf64x64.sys: Ok, so I am into my new laptop HP Victus 16 for only four days and for the eighth time, the laptop likes to turn into DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000d1 BSOD state, saying that the cause is on the rtf64x64.sys Realtek Packet Filter Driver.On the first occurrence, it...
  4. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD caused by rtf64x64.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD caused by rtf64x64.sys: Ok, so I am into my new laptop HP Victus 16 for only four days and for the eighth time, the laptop likes to turn into DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000d1 BSOD state, saying that the cause is on the rtf64x64.sys Realtek Packet Filter Driver.On the first occurrence, it...
  5. Unknown Driver Causing Windows BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown Driver Causing Windows BSOD: Hello, Having an issue that is exacerbated by the game ARMA III. From time to time I will get random BSOD, but when playing ARMA III it is amplified and I get them more for some reason. Ran sfc and found nothing and then did driver verified steps from here:...
  6. BSOD - Unknown Cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Unknown Cause: I have been running into issues with my PC for the past couple of days and the BSOD. I have tried my best to troubleshoot and even re-imaged my system from scratch and the issue is still occurring. Prior to the re image the issue would happen while I was using the PC but...
  7. BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA caused by an unknown driver

BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA caused by an unknown driver: As the title says, I encountered the first BSOD after I clean installed my PC for the last 6 days. The BSOD error code is also in the title, with the reason for the fail is from an unknown driver called "kinonivd.sys". I have attached the log file from the collector as...
  8. Windows BSOD due to an Unknown Module DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Windows BSOD due to an Unknown Module DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello, according to WhoCrashed my computer has crashed two times due to DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, but the module is unknown. WhoCrashed states: This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown 0xFFFFF8016D328ACA Bugcheck code: 0xD1 0x0, 0x2, 0x1,...
  9. Random BSODs with unknown cause

Random BSODs with unknown cause: Hey guys! Got a problem with my new system. I get different bluescreens from time to time. Here is a link to an example dump file: Uploadfiles.io - 121818-9968-01.dmp My system: I9-9900k RTX 2080ti 32GB Corsair RGB Pro DDR4 3600 DIMM Samsung 970 Pro 1TB DarkPower...
  10. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD caused by MSI Afterburner

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD caused by MSI Afterburner: Hello everyone, I've got two bsod this week caused by ntoskrnl.exe so I followed this guide to find which driver is: WinDBG - The Basics for Debugging Crash Dumps in Windows 10 Windows 10 BSOD Tutorials After using the !analyze -v command it seems that Msi Afterburner is...