Windows 10: BSOD -- DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE -- 0x0000009f -- ntoskrnl.exe

Discus and support BSOD -- DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE -- 0x0000009f -- ntoskrnl.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay so I've been having this issue for ages and figured why not ask here since there are people who can actually read and debug dmp files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shoru, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Shoru Win User

BSOD -- DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE -- 0x0000009f -- ntoskrnl.exe

Okay so I've been having this issue for ages and figured why not ask here since there are people who can actually read and debug dmp files and hopefully find out what's causing this.
    Below just info about what's happening and what I tried. I uploaded the recent dmp files to my drive. had 4 crashes yesterday
    Minidump Files 092620-44484-01 is most recent, all report same error in bluescreenview

How/when it happens:

I get bsod mostly when playing games, and at very random times, tho it seems more consistently happening when theres "a lot" going on.

This laptop is really old and I only use it occasionally when out and about. I tried playing Warframe yesterday, got all settings on low. Most special, graphic heavy setting disabled. I keep getting the bluescreen when in open world maps. Other maps are usually fine - randomly created tile maps.

Sometimes I can be in this open world level for 15 mins, sometimes it crashes after 2 mins.

First the game crashes, then BSOD. I sometimes manage to force close the game before bsod but it always comes anyway maybe 2 mins later. Latest, if I try running the game again.

What I also tried:

running the game in windowed mode, in lowest resolution, just to see if the pc in general was maybe overwhelmed. got bsod anyway.

Even when playing in full resolution its running very smooth, no lags. Up to that random point when game stops and I get bluescreen out of the blue haha...

Background info:

• Very old ASUS N55SF laptop, it's been happening for years now. I reinstalled windows cleanly recently about 2-3 months ago. Gotta admit, I let windows install most drivers since it does it anyway after first boot
    • I didn't install any drivers unless they were not found or didn't work properly.
    • Issue is: laptop is so old the ASUS Website doesnt have all drivers anymore or they don't work on windows 10. So I went with the drivers from the respective companies.
    • I didn't touch the graphics driver again yet. I fiddled around a lot with different versions before the reinstall of windows but it didnt solve anything. I still suspect graphics tho, since it seems to purely happen on graphic heavy games/parts of the game.

I read the *9f Bug Check Code is almost always a driver issue. I really hope theres something I can do like updating/changing drivers, and that its not a hardware problem.

I hope you can find sth in the dmp file. Your help is greatly appreciated BSOD -- DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE -- 0x0000009f -- ntoskrnl.exe :p

:)

Shoru, Sep 26, 2020
  2. LewisH95 Win User

Ntoskrnl BSOD

• Update your Realtek audio driver.
    • Update your computer.
    • Disable overclocking settings.
    • Turn off BlueStacks/ another Android emulator.
    • Clean your registry.
    • Check your disk for errors.
    • Fix bad memory issues.
    • Remove faulty sticks of RAM.
    • I hope these methods help you!
    • Regards,
    • Lewis

* Added by Moderator: Information from
      https://windowsreport.com/windows-8-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe/

* Moderator note: Advice given on this page might or might not be safe and/or effective but there are programs usually classified as PUP's (Potentially Unwanted Programs) being pushed that should not be downloaded or installed.

LewisH95, Sep 26, 2020
  3. cyrild62 Win User
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

Hi,

I've got BSOD when cold start the computer.

Computer is DELL Alienware Aurora R8.

I already open a support case at DELL support.

All drivers, chipsets and BIOS are up-to-date.

Windows 10 ver 1909 (18363.693) is up-to-date

Graphics pilotes are up-to-date too.

Here is one of the BSOD bugcheck :

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f 00000000`00000003
    ffffa883`f671c080 ffffef8f`28a77c00 ffffa883`f6c14010
    ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+1c1510 NT Kernel & System
    Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Microsoft Corporation
    10.0.18362.693 (WinBuild.160101.0800) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+1c1510
    C:\Windows\Minidump\030420-38375-01.dmp 6 15
    18362 1,443,228 2020-03-04 18:56:23

It's always DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

I'va done advanced analyse with Driver Verifier and WinDbg (Windows Debugger).

The WinDbg report invokes xusb22.sys

The WinDbg report is available here : https://paste.chapril.org/?a8e60ce1d84088dc#8ugrzDLFWdtRGs87kKVF5keJRM6jvfu1xVLE6TyyVUVb

The Driver Verifier report is available here : PasteChaprilOrg

The minidump file is available here : Mailo, der E-Mail-Service, der Sie respektiert

If I correctly understood, when the PC boot with bluetooth enable, it try to connect to the gamepad controller but crash with "A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time". No problem when boot with bluetooth disable.

Help will be appreciated

Regards

cyrild62, Sep 26, 2020
  4. BSOD -- DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE -- 0x0000009f -- ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

Hi, KirbyBakken

My name is Maritza and I am an Independent Advisor. I would be happy to help you today.

Check this link, I hope it helps

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/ntoskrnl-exe-hig...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let us know if these steps help you to resolve the issue.

MaritzaCapiro, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

BSOD -- DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE -- 0x0000009f -- ntoskrnl.exe

1. BSOD -- DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE -- 0x0000009f -- ntoskrnl.exe - Similar Threads - BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

2. BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f: Hello,I have been receiving repeated BSODs related to the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. To date, I have reinstalled my OS from the ground up, and yet, I still receive the BSOD at random times.What could it be? Is there a way to determine which exact driver/component is causing...
  3. BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f: Hello,I have been receiving repeated BSODs related to the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. To date, I have reinstalled my OS from the ground up, and yet, I still receive the BSOD at random times.What could it be? Is there a way to determine which exact driver/component is causing...
  4. Bsod DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f ntoskrnl.exe: Hi Guys.I'm asking you some help to understand a problem with my notebook. I have an MSI Gs40 which had a bsod with driver_power_state_failure.I have already done a dump file and an analyzation with BlueScreenView.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22621.755...
  5. Bsod DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f ntoskrnl.exe: Hi Guys.I'm asking you some help to understand a problem with my notebook. I have an MSI Gs40 which had a bsod with driver_power_state_failure.I have already done a dump file and an analyzation with BlueScreenView.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22621.755...
  6. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f: Hi, I've got BSOD when cold start the computer. Computer is DELL Alienware Aurora R8. I already open a support case at DELL support. All drivers, chipsets and BIOS are up-to-date. Windows 10 ver 1909 18363.693 is up-to-date Graphics pilotes are up-to-date too. Here...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  8. Driver_Power_State_Failure 0x0000009F BSOD (while I was away)

Driver_Power_State_Failure 0x0000009F BSOD (while I was away): Hello, Ten Forums! I would love your help in narrowing down what driver did me in this morning. *Sad I left the PC on last night and woke up to a "Driver Power State Failure" BSOD on my second machine (in system specs). Code: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The...
  9. BSOD: Driver_Power_State_Failure 0x0000009F

BSOD: Driver_Power_State_Failure 0x0000009F: Hi I am using latest version of Windows 10 and from the day start my system keeps running fine and when I lock it, after few minutes BSOD occurs. I have attached the minidump file here so please check this issue. I was working with Adobe suite apps, chrome browser and Avast...
  10. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f: Hi I got blue screen of death while shutting down my pc ( It shows shutting down and after about 5 to 10 minutes blue screen of death ) updating bios graphic card sound card lan ,etc did not work AnyComputer name: DESKTOP-EC44JKJ Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod 0x0000009f