Windows 10: BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f

Discus and support BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,I purchased a new laptop, and I've been constantly getting crashes due to the same error code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f. I tried a couple of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cxyzs7, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Cxyzs7 Win User

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f

Hello,I purchased a new laptop, and I've been constantly getting crashes due to the same error code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f. I tried a couple of options, made sure all drivers are up-to-date, but none helped. Is it possible to get some help? Here are the 5 Minidump logs that I got in the last 5 crashes.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkAw9_dLdtMogzu72SUZ5zY36-G9https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkAw9_dLdtMogzgaBP83L5bGBxGmhttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AkAw9_dLdtMogzlyQQV4ymZnrvLnhttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AkAw9_dLdtMogzxfgpv1WCZNLi-Ghttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AkAw9_dLdtMogzqAhYyDDfEVowXsAppreciate any pointer on what may be wrong.Mic

:)

Cxyzs7, Aug 31, 2021

2. BSOD 9F

I started experiencing the following BSOD error a few days ago. I performed system restore to a date several days before the BSOD started with no success so I did a complete reinstall. Still no success.

Can anyone suggest steps I can take to isolate the problem?

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

Code: 9f

Parameter 1: 3

Parameter 2: ffffce0ee33d2060

Parameter 3: ffffb58f9c8538b0

Parameter 4: ffffce0ef6e0d9a0

OS version: 10_0_18362

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Thanks in advance!

Larry

LarryBoyce, Aug 31, 2021
  3. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) HELP

A. Analysis Results

File Name: 012419-10859-01.dmp

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)

IMAGE_NAME: nwifi.sys

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for VBoxNetLwf.sys

B. Third Party Drivers

VBoxNetLwf.sys - Virtual Box

Driver Date - 8-Nov-2018

C. Recommendations

1. Create a system restore point so that if something wrong happens you can revert.

Type restore point in Cortana Search > Create a Restore point > Check whether against your drive, Protection is ON or not. If not ON, click Configure button below to Make it ON > Now press Create to create a restore point

2. Update your Virtual box to latest. Your driver date is 8-Nov-18 and see if you get a driver later than this. If Virtual box is not required, get it uninstalled.

Vijay_Verma, Aug 31, 2021
  4. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f

BSoD Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)

Hi guys,

I have been using my PC for past 4 years and recently every time I shut down my PC, it take 5+ minutes to do so. However booting hardly takes any time (Approx. 1 min) but If I am hibernating or restating my PC, I always get BSoD with Stop Code - DRIVER
    POWER STATE FAILURE. NEED HELP to resolve

I am using:-

Motherboard - Asus Z97-A

Ram - DDR3 1600MHz - 8GB

CPU Model - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50GHz

Graphics Card - NVidia GTX 970

I tried updating my BIOS, Reinstalling the Windows multiple times but I am still getting the BSoD error. After googling my issue further, I was advised to look for Dump file for getting a better diagnose. This is my minidump :

Vaibhav(030), Aug 31, 2021
Thema:

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f

1. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f - Similar Threads - BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

2. BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f: Hello,I have been receiving repeated BSODs related to the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. To date, I have reinstalled my OS from the ground up, and yet, I still receive the BSOD at random times.What could it be? Is there a way to determine which exact driver/component is causing...
  3. BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f: Hello,I have been receiving repeated BSODs related to the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. To date, I have reinstalled my OS from the ground up, and yet, I still receive the BSOD at random times.What could it be? Is there a way to determine which exact driver/component is causing...
  4. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: My Dell Latitude 3410 crashed while the lid is closed and the fans started to get loud and when the lid is opened, it displayed a BSOD and shows the stop code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. How to resolve this problem?...
  5. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: My Dell Latitude 3410 crashed while the lid is closed and the fans started to get loud and when the lid is opened, it displayed a BSOD and shows the stop code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. How to resolve this problem?...
  6. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

7. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE leading to BSOD. I have Asus G14 laptop R7 4800HS + nvidia 1650

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE leading to BSOD. I have Asus G14 laptop R7 4800HS + nvidia 1650: This is the dump file: -DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fA driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000004, The power transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the Pnp subsystem.Arg2: 000000000000012c, Timeout in...
  8. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE leading to BSOD. I have Asus G14 laptop R7 4800HS + nvidia 1650

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE leading to BSOD. I have Asus G14 laptop R7 4800HS + nvidia 1650: This is the dump file: -DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fA driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000004, The power transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the Pnp subsystem.Arg2: 000000000000012c, Timeout in...
  9. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE ntoskrnl.exe+416c30 BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE ntoskrnl.exe+416c30 BSOD: Hello,Since few weeks i'm experiencing randomly BSOD on my computer on windows 11 23h2.I uploaded the minidump on the following link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nB5xuNzfr-aX-XSvBU5bwQ0UOrPTejFH/view?usp=sharingCan someone help me to understand how to resolve this issue...
  10. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE ntoskrnl.exe+416c30 BSOD

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE ntoskrnl.exe+416c30 BSOD: Hello,Since few weeks i'm experiencing randomly BSOD on my computer on windows 11 23h2.I uploaded the minidump on the following link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nB5xuNzfr-aX-XSvBU5bwQ0UOrPTejFH/view?usp=sharingCan someone help me to understand how to resolve this issue...