Windows 10: BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE after forced shutdown in Sleep Mode while Applications were...

Discus and support BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE after forced shutdown in Sleep Mode while Applications were... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My specs are: - Windows 10 Pro - Version: 10.0.18363 - System Modell: E6431 MD60109 Medion x64 - BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. 206,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zhu Teuer, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Zhu Teuer Win User

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE after forced shutdown in Sleep Mode while Applications were...

My specs are:

- Windows 10 Pro
    - Version: 10.0.18363
    - System Modell: E6431 MD60109 Medion x64
    - BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. 206, 24.06.2016 UEFI
    - SMBios Version: 3.0

I've encountered a really bad bug on my Medion Akoya E6431 Laptop:

I think the problems started to appear after the following: I had low battery, that's why my Laptop turned into Battery-Saving mode. After that I didn't used the laptop anymore and it changed into sleep mode while Applications were running etc.. As the battery began to drop under 2 percent, the laptop forced a shutdown on itself and eventually crashed the whole system.

After that event, my Laptop is behaving in a weird way to normal events: I can't open the Network Center in order to connect to the internet or show my Network-Adapters. Furthermore the whole interface for WLAN, LAN etc doesn't work properly on the Taskbar. My Battery-Icon Tray near the Taskbar loads really slow. I can't turn on Battery Saving Mode. If I try to open Task Manager it works but I can't kill the task manager process anymore after that. If I succeed in killing task manager, it will restart the process automatically. Furthermore and the most important one is: If I try to restart/shutdown my computer, it won't work sometimes I've got a black screen or the restart animation doesn't disappear for more than 2-3 minutes and if I wait for like 5 minutes a

> DRIVER_STATE_POWER_FAILURE or
    > DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE I'm not sure which one

will appear, which opens a helper menu to restart the computer in 10 seconds. After that the computer won't restart and goes into Black-Screen and I have to force shutdown.

I tried to uninstall network drivers in order to fix the WLAN issue with no internet, but I noticed that when I want to uninstall the driver I don't remember the name correctly, something with PPPOE - the internet protocol it wouldn't work and an infinite loop appears where the system tries to uninstall that specific driver, all other network drivers could be uninstalled tho. After that I needed to force a restart again, because it never stopped again for like 30 minutes. Unfortunately it got worse after the boot up: Now Cortana Search, Network-Icon-Tray on the Taskbar, Battery Icon Tray on the Taskbar lead to a freeze of the whole system where the cursor indicates that something is loading. Windows Explorer, Google Chrome etc. are working properly.

I really need my Laptop for my upcoming exams and stuff like that. I would be glad if you could help me.

What should I do in order to fix the problems? Fresh restart? Complete wipe of all data? Is the problem software-only or may my harddrive got damaged too/or data got erased?

I've also tried to repair broken system files with the command `sfc /scannow` in the terminal, which indeed found broken files and repaired them successfully, but it had no impact...

Sry for the bad layout and spelling mistakes, I'm currently writing this on my mobile device. It's kinda hard to do so.

:)

Zhu Teuer, Jan 14, 2020

2. BSOD driver_power_state_failure on shutdown and no dump file

Hello,

My computer can`t shutdown properly or sleep. After shutdown screen goes black and 5min i get BSOD driver_power_state_failure but there is no dump file and no error in events. I did windows 10 clean install and i got same bsod during installation.

Steps i took:

Checked dump settings. OK

Checked ram. OK

Checked drive. OK

Tried updating drivers. No effect

Tried dissabling fast boot. No effect

Tried dissabling non essensial drivers. No effect

Uninstaling AVG. No effect

Reseting bios to default settings. No effect

I am out of ideas.

My setup:

Asus n56vz

i7 3610QM, 8gb ram, gt650, samsung 840 evo 250GB, 1TB hdd instead of cd-rom.

Would be awesome if anyone could help me.

Othervise I am left with hope that updates will fix itBSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE after forced shutdown in Sleep Mode while Applications were... :)

Jokubas Neciunas, Jan 14, 2020
  3. open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 14, 2020
  4. HCStrike Win User

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE after forced shutdown in Sleep Mode while Applications were...

BSOD on shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Hi,

I just reinstalled my windows OS and I am getting a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD after about 5 minutes of being stuck on the shutdown screen. I have attached the required .zip file here Attachment 148388

Thanks

HCStrike, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE after forced shutdown in Sleep Mode while Applications were... - Similar Threads - BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE forced

2. Bsod after forced shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod after forced shutdown: So I had to force shutdown my pc 2 days ago and when I turned it on again it was running fine, I ran sfc scannow which found and fixed corruption and ran it again and it said there were no corruptions but today it just blue screened on me out of nowhere. Why did it do this if...
  3. BSOD--Driver_power_state_failure on shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD--Driver_power_state_failure on shutdown: Good evening/morning/other appropriate timezone! My roommate and I have recently run into an issue where attempting to use a microphone through a USB mixer causes a BSOD when we attempt to restart the PC, or an attempt to shut down will cause the PC to reboot on its own...
  4. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD after closing lid of laptop(sleep)

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD after closing lid of laptop(sleep): A few hours ago I had closed the lid of my laptop to put it to sleep. But after opening it again, I saw that the PC had shut down. WhoCrashed showed that there was a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error and listed ntoskrnl.exe. I have attached the Log Collector's results below....
  5. Various application errors and application shutdowns after sleep

Various application errors and application shutdowns after sleep: Hello - I have been experiencing this issue for a few weeks now, but I am unable to directly tie it to a change in my system. When I return to my PC in the morning I see multiple pop-ups with application error messages such as: 0xc0000142 0xc000012d 0xc000009a The...
  6. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE randomly after cold boot/sleep

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE randomly after cold boot/sleep: For the past month I have been getting random BSOD's all with driver power state failure. They happen randomly, usually within the first 5-10 minutes of cold booting or waking my computer. Steps I have taken to attempt to fix the problem: Reinstalled GPU drivers/ tried old...
  7. BSOD "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" after resuming from sleep

BSOD "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" after resuming from sleep: Hi, My computer BSODs every time I resume from sleep, usually after a minute or two, with the "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" error. I've tried to update all my drivers and done some troubleshooting on my own, but I can't seem to find the cause of the crashes. I would love if...
  8. BSOD with Driver_Power_State_Failure after waking from sleep

BSOD with Driver_Power_State_Failure after waking from sleep: Ever since updating to Windows 10 I have periodically had a problem with my computer when I wake it from sleep. The symptoms of this are as follows: The machine will wake from sleep fine and I'm able to put in my password etc. After 30s to a minute, the machine will give me...
  9. BSOD on shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

BSOD on shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hi, I just reinstalled my windows OS and I am getting a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD after about 5 minutes of being stuck on the shutdown screen. I have attached the required .zip file here Attachment 148388 Thanks 91087
  10. BSOD on sleep, DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

BSOD on sleep, DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: This has been a problem even before upgrading to 10 from 8.1, but its getting worse. I reviewed my drivers in Device Manager and most look up to date. I realized I didn't have a chipset driver installed and that helped for a day or two, but its happening again. Any help...