Windows 10: BSOD "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" after resuming from sleep

Discus and support BSOD "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" after resuming from sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My computer BSODs every time I resume from sleep, usually after a minute or two, with the "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" error. I've tried to update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sqrpush, Aug 10, 2018.

1. sqrpush Win User

BSOD "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" after resuming from sleep

Hi,

My computer BSODs every time I resume from sleep, usually after a minute or two, with the "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" error. I've tried to update all my drivers and done some troubleshooting on my own, but I can't seem to find the cause of the crashes.

I would love if someone could take a look at my crashdumps!

Thanks in advance!

:)

sqrpush, Aug 10, 2018
  2. BrooksyX Win User

Win7 Pro Laptop crashes when resumes from sleep

Ok almost positive it related to the wifi card/driver. If I disable it in the device manager my laptop sleeps and resumes just fine.

So I guess first step would to be try to find a different driver and if that doesnt work I guess I can replace it. Used mini pci-e wifi cards are pretty cheap.

BrooksyX, Aug 10, 2018
  3. TR4A Win User
    Bsod driver_power_state_failure

Have been getting the BSOD on my Dell XPS 12 9250. A while back, posted on Microsoft Community with dumps and updated some drivers. I am still getting BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE mostly when the laptop resumes. Sometimes Bluetooth mouse and Bluetooth stops working after reboot. Restarting again restores Bluetooth.

4. Jerdaz Win User

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after resuming from sleep

Since a couple of months I regularly get a BSOD after resuming my computer from sleep mode. It happens once or twice a week or once every 5-10 resumes. It's usually IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Sleeping time doesn't matter. The last time I had the BSOD the computer
    was only in sleep mode for a couple of seconds.

When the system is up, it's stable.m I've tested the memory with windows memtest and memtest86 and found no problems. I don't do any overclocking except enabling 'XMP' in memory. I've also done a windows 'reset' to set all drivers to factory defaults, but
    the problem came back.

These are the dump files and msinfo file. They are the most recent 2. I lost the older ones during the reset.

minidumps.zip

running windbg it points to the mt7612us.sys driver with failure_bucket_id AV_mt7612US+38b08

This is my xbox one controller dongle, but I need that stick for connecting my xbox one controller. I bought it 3 months ago, the BSOD's started after that date so it may be related. The driver itself is up to date.

Jerdaz, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" after resuming from sleep - Similar Threads - BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE resuming

2. Blue Screen after resume from hibernation: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen after resume from hibernation: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hello,I usually use the hibernate when I close my computer.I often have a failure after the resstart of my computer from an hibernate and a blue screen occurs.I could have few dumps from the same behavior :DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILUREntoskrnl.exe+3f70d0May you please...
  3. Blue Screen after resume from hibernation: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen after resume from hibernation: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hello,I usually use the hibernate when I close my computer.I often have a failure after the resstart of my computer from an hibernate and a blue screen occurs.I could have few dumps from the same behavior :DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILUREntoskrnl.exe+3f70d0May you please...
  4. Blue Screen after resume from hibernation: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 2 minutes after the PC wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 2 minutes after the PC wakes from sleep: Hello, I consistently get a BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE exactly 2 minutes after the PC wakes from sleep. Disabling sleep is not an option. Using WinDbg on C:\Windows\MEMORY 031020 614pm.DMP: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.18362.1 AMD64 Copyright c...
  6. irregular BSODs after resume from sleep

irregular BSODs after resume from sleep: Hello, I am having irregular BSODs if and only if I have sent my PC to standby and am resuming from it. If I remember correctly, these BSODs come with different error codes. I have run the V2 log collector, the output is attached to this post. Thank you very much in...
  7. BSOD with Driver_Power_State_Failure after waking from sleep

BSOD with Driver_Power_State_Failure after waking from sleep: Ever since updating to Windows 10 I have periodically had a problem with my computer when I wake it from sleep. The symptoms of this are as follows: The machine will wake from sleep fine and I'm able to put in my password etc. After 30s to a minute, the machine will give me...
  8. BSODs when resuming from Sleep mode

BSODs when resuming from Sleep mode: Hello, Ever since I upgraded to W10 Pro (from W8.1 Pro) my PC has started bluescreening when resuming from Sleep. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT is the most common one, and the only one that has occured so far after upgrade to Build 10586 (upgraded 2015-11-13). BSODs...
  9. BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA After Resume From Sleep

BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA After Resume From Sleep: Hey everyone, bought a new Acer Swift 3 laptop and recently I have been having this issue where I would have some sort of BSOD pointing to bad RAM after I resumed from sleep. If Windows successfully resumes from sleep, I could also trigger it from trying to restart after...
  10. BSOD on sleep, DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

BSOD on sleep, DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: This has been a problem even before upgrading to 10 from 8.1, but its getting worse. I reviewed my drivers in Device Manager and most look up to date. I realized I didn't have a chipset driver installed and that helped for a day or two, but its happening again. Any help...