Windows 10: BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Discus and support BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by ntoskrnl.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. This suddenly became an issue and I'll get a reboot at least once a day, often more. Any ideas? Nothing in particular seems to trigger it (that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by joenoone, Jul 15, 2016.

1. joenoone Win User

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Hi.
    This suddenly became an issue and I'll get a reboot at least once a day, often more. Any ideas? Nothing in particular seems to trigger it (that I can tell).

Thanks in advance...

:)

joenoone, Jul 15, 2016
  2. auggy Win User

BSOD, DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, Caused by: ntoskrnl.exe

You're welcome.

auggy, Jul 15, 2016
  3. BSOD, DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, Caused by: ntoskrnl.exe

Thank you, I downloaded the killer wifi driver but I am already on "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709" and it was installed on ‎8/‎03/‎2018.

Could it be because I have my Nvidia shield controller plugged into the laptop when booting the laptop? as it gets treated as a xbox360 controller.

ValdrrakDraconis, Jul 15, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

This driver, Driver Reference Table - stdcfltn.sys, is causing the crashes.
    You'll need to check Dell or Windows Updates for possible driver updates, I cannot find any nor what it exactly relates to.
    Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 7F, {8, ffffd00161b1ab30, ffffd00163213fc0, fffff803f707c30d} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for stdcfltn.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for stdcfltn.sys Probably caused by : storport.sys ( storport!RaUnitStartIo+266 ) Followup: MachineOwner ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 9F, {3, ffffe000c3bfe060, fffff80348178990, ffffe000c4ddf470} Probably caused by : uaspstor.sys Followup: MachineOwner 0: kd> !devobj ffffe000c3bfe060 Device object (ffffe000c3bfe060) is for: Cannot read info offset from nt!ObpInfoMaskToOffset \Driver\UASPStor DriverObject ffffe000c4d18e60 Current Irp 00000000 RefCount 1 Type 00000007 Flags 00001050 Dacl ffffc1012685e260 DevExt ffffe000c3bfe1b0 DevObjExt ffffe000c3bfebf0 DevNode ffffe000c4d73490 ExtensionFlags (0x00000800) DOE_DEFAULT_SD_PRESENT Characteristics (0x00040180) FILE_AUTOGENERATED_DEVICE_NAME, FILE_DEVICE_SECURE_OPEN, FILE_PORTABLE_DEVICE AttachedDevice (Upper) ffffe000c3bfecb0Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\stdcfltn.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for stdcfltn.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for stdcfltn.sys \Driver\stdcfltn Device queue is not busy. 2: kd> lmvm stdcfltn Browse full module list start end module name fffff801`d75d0000 fffff801`d75d9000 stdcfltn T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: stdcfltn.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\stdcfltn.sys Image name: stdcfltn.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Sat Jul 14 01:30:14 2012 (5000AF86) CheckSum: 00011153 ImageSize: 00009000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.How to fill in your system specs:

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by ntoskrnl.exe [​IMG]

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by ntoskrnl.exe [​IMG]

Thema:

1. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by ntoskrnl.exe - Similar Threads - BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused

2. BSOD Caused by DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Caused by DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hi There,Recently I'm been running into BSOD caused by DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I tried updating drivers but issue still remains.Appreciate if someone can help take a look at it. Below are the minidumps and system info...
  3. BSOD Caused by DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Caused by DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hi There,Recently I'm been running into BSOD caused by DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I tried updating drivers but issue still remains.Appreciate if someone can help take a look at it. Below are the minidumps and system info...
  4. BSOD Caused by DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD caused by DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD caused by DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: So this BSOD has been occurring on my HP laptop once every while since I've upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 last october.Here's its specs:HP PAVILION LAPTOP 15 EH-0XXXAMD Ryzen 7 4700U with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics12GB DDR4 RAM SK Hynix HMA851S6CJR6N-XN512 GB SSD SAMSUNG...
  6. BSOD caused by DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD caused by DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: So this BSOD has been occurring on my HP laptop once every while since I've upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 last october.Here's its specs:HP PAVILION LAPTOP 15 EH-0XXXAMD Ryzen 7 4700U with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics12GB DDR4 RAM SK Hynix HMA851S6CJR6N-XN512 GB SSD SAMSUNG...
  7. Unknown cause for Driver_Power_State_Failure BSOD

Unknown cause for Driver_Power_State_Failure BSOD: I regulaly get a 'Driver_Power_State_Failure' BSOD. It seems to be linked to the following modules: ntoskrnl.exe win32kbase.sys Here is a link to the minidump .dmp file for the latest BSOD: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AihBr67KSsBPg4p5DFP6Ub2gFVLYuw?e=OkW8g2 I have no idea...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  9. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  10. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions: Hello to anyone that is willing to help my name is Glenn, My pc was assembled by professionals but it got really hot so a month ago I took my cpu cooler off and noticed that they left the plastic on the cpu cooling block, So I fixed that issue after emailing the people...