Windows 10: BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on Dell G3 3579 running Windows 10 Home 1803

Discus and support BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on Dell G3 3579 running Windows 10 Home 1803 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Suddenly got a BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. This happens several times, quite once a month. Can someone help me how to fix this problem? Here's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aria WiraPerdana, May 6, 2019.

1. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on Dell G3 3579 running Windows 10 Home 1803

Suddenly got a BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. This happens several times, quite once a month. Can someone help me how to fix this problem?

Here's a link for the minidump file:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avaug2cug7rdhcIRIF4xubVrSlsRaA

:)

Aria WiraPerdana, May 6, 2019
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Dell G3 5379 NVMe SSD Support?

The big question is, what is the card that is installed in that port now?

This webpage says it is NVMe compatible:
    Dell G3 15 3579 (i5-8300H, GTX 1050, FHD) Laptop Review - NotebookCheck.net Reviews

"Internal storage solutions include a 2.5-inch SATA III bay and a M.2 2280 slot compatible with NVMe drives."

Also, since your are going to have the case open anyway, might want to look at filling that second SODIMM slot! *Smile

NavyLCDR, May 6, 2019
  3. Knots23 Win User
    BSOD when running on battery - driver_power_state_failure

***Merged***

Hello,

Since a few months my laptop - MSI GS60 2PE running Windows 10 Home - started giving BSOD's with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE after a seemingly random time when running on the battery. As I'm using it every day for work,
    I depend on the machine and managed by just plugging it in.

While that works, I know it should be possible to make it work on the battery...

I've recently "reset this pc" using the build in option in Windows 10, after which I installed all "latest" drivers from the MSI site. I also re-installed all programs required to do my job and play some games.

Yesterday, Windows wanted to install the Fall Creators Update: I did. Booting the laptop while unplugged now gave me another BSOD, though with a different message: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR. This seems to point to the Intel HD 4600 or Nvidia
    GTX 870M.

To sum up some other issues I was starting out with...

Syptoms

• When unplugged, a BSOD occurs after a seemingly random time. (driver_power_state_failure)
      • After updating to the fall creators version, it also throws video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error; feels like a coin flip which one it will show.
    • Bluetooth was failing after a couple of minutes, regardless whether I used it or not and whether the laptop was plugged in or not.
    • Shutting down Windows would sometimes just heat up the CPU, make the fan go haywire and do nothing but turning the screen off.

I've tried / did:

• All drivers are up to date. This was verified by using DriverView and manually going over all of the non-Microsoft drivers.
      • This step fixed symptom 2 described above. Next to the latest version there was some patch (or 3 major versions ago) that couldn't be removed by conventional means. The build in troubleshooter actually removed it and bluetooth is now working
        as it should.
      • The HD4600 drivers were removed from the device management and I installed the latest according to the Intel site.
      • DDU was used in safe mode to remove the Nvidia driver and the latest one was installed.
    • BlueScreenViewer shows the minidumps and lots of drivers.
      • The one created when the driver_power_state_failure occurred is useless, as nothing is marked but the ntoskrnl.
      • The one created when the video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error occurred shows ntoskrnl, watchdog and dxgkrnl.
    • A clean boot (disabling all non-Microsoft services and disabling all startup programs) still results in the BSOD.
    • Booting the laptop while plugged in, letting it run for a couple of minutes so everything is started and then unplugging it also seems to work.
      • Yesterday, I unplugged it and could work with it for about 2.5 hours before it called out for power: I doubt the battery is the issue.
      • I was asked to run a battery check (powercfg -energy -output ...) but that doesn't seem to show any issues. (design capacity '55031' Last full
        charge '38556'. The laptop is over three years old.)
    • Starting in safe mode with networking will not result in a BSOD. (At least not within the hour I left it on.)
    • Unchecking 'turn on fast startup' - as suggested in so many posts - in the power settings only causes issues.
      • When unchecked, windows won't shut down properly.
      • When checked, it does shut down normally. This seems to be the
        fix for symptom 3.
    • Running various Windows troubleshooters didn't do much. Only the 'Windows Update' said it had some fixes regarding the database and 'fixed' it.
    • The bios is up to date. (Version E16H2IMS.112)

Any help would be welcome.

Cheers!

PS: yes this post looks a lot like my
    previous post
    , but that was marked answered because a moderator thinks all checks suggested can be performed within three days, next to a daily routine.

Knots23, May 6, 2019
  4. ish4d0w Win User

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on Dell G3 3579 running Windows 10 Home 1803

Dell G3 5379 NVMe SSD Support?

What kind of M.2 do I have? NVMe vs SATA? That is the question here!

Hi!

I have this notebook: Dell G3 5379

and want to get a fast SSD Drive. Will this one fit?

I'm unsure about NVMe support. I'm familiar with traditional 2.5" SATA drives and M.2 SATA drives. But never had an NVMe SSD drive.

So will this work? From the LOOKS it seems an NVMe compatible port on the motherboard, but I'm not sure. Can you tell?

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on Dell G3 3579 running Windows 10 Home 1803 [​IMG]

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on Dell G3 3579 running Windows 10 Home 1803 [​IMG]

Notebook page at the shop: DELL G3 3579 3579FI5UC1 gamer laptop (15,6'' FHD/Core i5/8GB/1 TB HDD/GTX 1050 4GB/Linux) - Media Markt online vs
    at dell: https://www.dell.com/p/g-series-15-3579-laptop/pd

Exact model number: DELL G3 3579 3579FI5UC1

SSD in-store: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD | Extreme Digital
    SSD type: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD

Thanks a lot!

From the specs, it seems it has PCIe SSD support. Does that mean this drive is a go?

ish4d0w, May 6, 2019
Thema:

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on Dell G3 3579 running Windows 10 Home 1803

1. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on Dell G3 3579 running Windows 10 Home 1803 - Similar Threads - BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Dell

2. Dell Precision 3561 - BSOD - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Precision 3561 - BSOD - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hey there,I've got a Dell Precision 3561 that keeps blue screening: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. The system is up-to-date with the latest Windows 10 updates and OS driver, firmware & BIOS updates via Dell Command Update. I've been in touch with Dell who have replaced the...
  3. Dell Precision 3561 - BSOD - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Precision 3561 - BSOD - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hey there,I've got a Dell Precision 3561 that keeps blue screening: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. The system is up-to-date with the latest Windows 10 updates and OS driver, firmware & BIOS updates via Dell Command Update. I've been in touch with Dell who have replaced the...
  4. GPU not running after removal of battery in Dell G3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU not running after removal of battery in Dell G3: Whenever I am launching any game from steam it is launched using my integrated UHD graphics and not my Nvidia 1050ti. I have even set the default graphics processor as 1050ti from the Nvidia control panel but still the games are running on the integrated graphics only. I have...
  5. GPU not running after removal of battery in Dell G3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU not running after removal of battery in Dell G3: Whenever I am launching any game from steam it is launched using my integrated UHD graphics and not my Nvidia 1050ti. I have even set the default graphics processor as 1050ti from the Nvidia control panel but still the games are running on the integrated graphics only. I have...
  6. Help with high disk usage on a 2018 Dell G3 3579

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with high disk usage on a 2018 Dell G3 3579: Honestly I’m really not sure what’s up. I’ve looked at multiple solutions on the internet and nothing seems to help. I constantly have high disk usage on my computer and it constantly slows things up. The usual culprit upon looking at task manager is system. What should I do?...
  7. Dell G3 3579 small "hiccups"/"glitch"/"freeze" while playing games or videos.

Dell G3 3579 small "hiccups"/"glitch"/"freeze" while playing games or videos.: Hi, I am new at this, but I am looking for help, so let me know if I am doing something wrong in the post :D. I bought a Dell G3 3579 for playing some games and stuff. I don't complaim about this laptop's performance, It is enough for what I want. The problem is something...
  8. Dell laptop running Windows 10 Home BSOD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell laptop running Windows 10 Home BSOD: My Dell Inspiron 15 is unable to get me to the login screen. It will sometimes turn on except for the scree which stays off, get me to the Dell logo screen and not load, or it will give me a BSOD with error code 0xc0000428, much like this:...
  9. Windows 10 BSOD - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Windows 10 BSOD - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: I have a GIGABYTE Sabre 15 with Windows 10 Home 64-bit (Version 1809, OS Build 10.0.17763) that has been BSoD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. When it crashes, I am using applications such as Adobe After Effects/Premier Pro/Photoshop and a web site I use to create designs....
  10. Driver_power_state_failure Windows 10 BSOD

Driver_power_state_failure Windows 10 BSOD: Hi I am having a few BSOD since I built this pc recently. I cant seem to narrow it down, I read online that it maybe Asus aicharger which is part of AI suite software. So I uninstalled the Asus Aicharger part of the AI suite software, though today I got another BSOD...