Windows 10: BSOD--Driver_power_state_failure on shutdown

Discus and support BSOD--Driver_power_state_failure on shutdown in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good evening/morning/other appropriate timezone! My roommate and I have recently run into an issue where attempting to use a microphone through a USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShadowedFlames_DS, Mar 10, 2021.

1. BSOD--Driver_power_state_failure on shutdown

Good evening/morning/other appropriate timezone!

My roommate and I have recently run into an issue where attempting to use a microphone through a USB mixer causes a BSOD when we attempt to restart the PC, or an attempt to shut down will cause the PC to reboot on its own approximately three to five minutes later. If the microphone is not turned on/settings or drivers attempted to be changed, the computer will shut down without any further troubles when prompted. This started on Sunday, after the roommate removed the microphone for a few hours while the PC was shut down to use on another device, and then plugged it back in again while the PC was shut down when he was done.

In an attempt to fix this, I have restored Windows to a fresh installation only a few hours ago to rule out a new program causing the error, and this problem is still cropping up. I am testing while waiting on Windows Update to download any interval updates I'm missing pre-post edit: Windows apparently says I am fully updated save an optional update that could not get installed, and still no joy. Before wiping the PC, it was fully updated. The microphone was tested on multiple USB ports, and the same sequence would happen no matter the port used; all other devices moved to those ports worked without trouble.

I can reasonably duplicate the circumstances that cause the error to start the chain of events leading to a reboot/hung shut down:

1 From fresh boot, Settings > System > Sound

2 Attempt to test microphone. Observe "Choose your input device" switching from USB Codec Audio to Default and back a few times without user input before the Settings screen becomes unresponsive.

3 Close out of Setting screen, attempt shut down.

4 Three to five minutes later, PC reboots after not having shut fully down despite all monitors having gone dark.

5 Attempting to shut down after log-in to Windows, without going into Settings > Sound, or the Discord program to attempt to test the microphone there, will allow the PC to shut down in the way it should even if power to microphone is turned on.

One other thing to note: before completing step 2 above, I can do into Device Manager > Audio inputs and outputs, right-click on the Microphone, Properties, and be told the device is working properly.

After step 2 above, I follow the same path and see that the warning triangle is showing for both the USB Microphone and Speakers USB Audio Codec, and when I check for the drivers at that time I am told that there are no drivers or that they have not been loaded.

Speccy file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtMOp-L_RxEghCka3p5SehI6QJWH

Minidumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtMOp-L_RxEghCdvRe6B8Kcl9Y5c?e=3lijlG

System Info: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtMOp-L_RxEghCjsbAaJuSbAJxLC?e=jfOaAo

I believe that should be all of the relevant information; if I missed anything please let me know and I'll endeavor to supply what I can once I awaken in the morning.

:)

ShadowedFlames_DS, Mar 10, 2021
  2. HCStrike Win User

BSOD on shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Hi,

I just reinstalled my windows OS and I am getting a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD after about 5 minutes of being stuck on the shutdown screen. I have attached the required .zip file here Attachment 148388

Thanks

HCStrike, Mar 10, 2021
  3. BSOD driver_power_state_failure on shutdown and no dump file

Hello,

My computer can`t shutdown properly or sleep. After shutdown screen goes black and 5min i get BSOD driver_power_state_failure but there is no dump file and no error in events. I did windows 10 clean install and i got same bsod during installation.

Steps i took:

Checked dump settings. OK

Checked ram. OK

Checked drive. OK

Tried updating drivers. No effect

Tried dissabling fast boot. No effect

Tried dissabling non essensial drivers. No effect

Uninstaling AVG. No effect

Reseting bios to default settings. No effect

I am out of ideas.

My setup:

Asus n56vz

i7 3610QM, 8gb ram, gt650, samsung 840 evo 250GB, 1TB hdd instead of cd-rom.

Would be awesome if anyone could help me.

Othervise I am left with hope that updates will fix itBSOD--Driver_power_state_failure on shutdown :)

Jokubas Neciunas, Mar 10, 2021
  4. SpiralElf Win User

BSOD--Driver_power_state_failure on shutdown

Bsod DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on shutdown and hibernate

After I reinstalled windows 8.1 deleting all my files in the process windows stated giving me the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error every time i shutdown my laptop. the model is Sony Vaio VGN-SR19VN before i reinstalled windows i had no issues. also the
    only way I can shutdown is by removing the power cable when i have 100% battery in any other conditions it will crash

the minidumps and other stuff: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

SpiralElf, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

BSOD--Driver_power_state_failure on shutdown

1. BSOD--Driver_power_state_failure on shutdown - Similar Threads - BSOD Driver_power_state_failure shutdown

2. Shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hello,This BSOD is quite common as I can check. I have this problem for quite some time, at first it happened when I was working with the PC suddenly, now "luckily" only when I turned off the PC. It's quite annoying.I have done everything that has been commented on in...
  3. Shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hello,This BSOD is quite common as I can check. I have this problem for quite some time, at first it happened when I was working with the PC suddenly, now "luckily" only when I turned off the PC. It's quite annoying.I have done everything that has been commented on in...
  4. Shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on shutdown/restart and it shutting down for very long time...

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on shutdown/restart and it shutting down for very long time...: hi everyone i recently get bsod everytime i try to shut down/restart my windows. It's display DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE i managed to locate and analyze the minidump in C:\Windows\minidump with WinDbg, but i dont understand the results of what cause the bsod or something....
  6. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD: Hi everyone sorry for my english, it's not my first language I have an HP laptop a bit more than a year and a half and about 3 months after buying and till this day I keep getting a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD while gaming. I've taken it to the store I bought it from...
  7. BSOD (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE)

BSOD (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE): I updated my bios, it failed but my PC still works so here are the BSOD informations (these are different) : (1) IMAGE_NAME: pci.sys DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: f525018 MODULE_NAME: pci FAULTING_MODULE: fffff80059080000 pci (2) MODULE_NAME: dxgkrnl...
  8. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: My PC started to bluescreen a couple weeks ago. When I turn the PC on and I login its fine for a few minutes then bluescreens. It restarts automatically and I login again and its fine for the whole day... until I turn it off and on again the next day then it bluescreens...
  9. BSOD on shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

BSOD on shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hi, I just reinstalled my windows OS and I am getting a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD after about 5 minutes of being stuck on the shutdown screen. I have attached the required .zip file here Attachment 148388 Thanks 91087
  10. Hang at shutdown or restart - BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure

Hang at shutdown or restart - BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure: Hi All, I recently replaced my original HDD with a Samsung SSD 120GB, installed fresh Windows 10 Pro on my laptop and now, it cannot be shutdown or restarted properly as before. When I shutdown/restart the PC, the screen goes black but the power button light is still on...