Windows 10: BSOD Driver_power_state_failure

Discus and support BSOD Driver_power_state_failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I realy often are getting bsod with "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" and can't figure out what is causing it. Hope someone could help me out.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Wesley #, May 7, 2020.

1. Wesley # Win User

BSOD Driver_power_state_failure

Hi,

I realy often are getting bsod with "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" and can't figure out what is causing it.

Hope someone could help me out.

Below is an link in which i've uploaded the .dmp file and system info.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AptjiuXsQV4lmQDv_K5ytrAy9ZRJ?e=R8vxwW

With kind regards,

Wesley.

:)

Wesley #, May 7, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

I would suggest you to refer to the following suggestion provided by SpiritX MS MVP replied on January 25, 2016 and check if it helps. Refer to the below link:

BSoD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE | Windows 10

BSoD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE | Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to reply.

Arul_D, May 7, 2020
  3. Knots23 Win User
    BSOD when running on battery - driver_power_state_failure

***Merged***

Hello,

Since a few months my laptop - MSI GS60 2PE running Windows 10 Home - started giving BSOD's with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE after a seemingly random time when running on the battery. As I'm using it every day for work,
    I depend on the machine and managed by just plugging it in.

While that works, I know it should be possible to make it work on the battery...

I've recently "reset this pc" using the build in option in Windows 10, after which I installed all "latest" drivers from the MSI site. I also re-installed all programs required to do my job and play some games.

Yesterday, Windows wanted to install the Fall Creators Update: I did. Booting the laptop while unplugged now gave me another BSOD, though with a different message: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR. This seems to point to the Intel HD 4600 or Nvidia
    GTX 870M.

To sum up some other issues I was starting out with...

Syptoms

• When unplugged, a BSOD occurs after a seemingly random time. (driver_power_state_failure)
      • After updating to the fall creators version, it also throws video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error; feels like a coin flip which one it will show.
    • Bluetooth was failing after a couple of minutes, regardless whether I used it or not and whether the laptop was plugged in or not.
    • Shutting down Windows would sometimes just heat up the CPU, make the fan go haywire and do nothing but turning the screen off.

I've tried / did:

• All drivers are up to date. This was verified by using DriverView and manually going over all of the non-Microsoft drivers.
      • This step fixed symptom 2 described above. Next to the latest version there was some patch (or 3 major versions ago) that couldn't be removed by conventional means. The build in troubleshooter actually removed it and bluetooth is now working
        as it should.
      • The HD4600 drivers were removed from the device management and I installed the latest according to the Intel site.
      • DDU was used in safe mode to remove the Nvidia driver and the latest one was installed.
    • BlueScreenViewer shows the minidumps and lots of drivers.
      • The one created when the driver_power_state_failure occurred is useless, as nothing is marked but the ntoskrnl.
      • The one created when the video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error occurred shows ntoskrnl, watchdog and dxgkrnl.
    • A clean boot (disabling all non-Microsoft services and disabling all startup programs) still results in the BSOD.
    • Booting the laptop while plugged in, letting it run for a couple of minutes so everything is started and then unplugging it also seems to work.
      • Yesterday, I unplugged it and could work with it for about 2.5 hours before it called out for power: I doubt the battery is the issue.
      • I was asked to run a battery check (powercfg -energy -output ...) but that doesn't seem to show any issues. (design capacity '55031' Last full
        charge '38556'. The laptop is over three years old.)
    • Starting in safe mode with networking will not result in a BSOD. (At least not within the hour I left it on.)
    • Unchecking 'turn on fast startup' - as suggested in so many posts - in the power settings only causes issues.
      • When unchecked, windows won't shut down properly.
      • When checked, it does shut down normally. This seems to be the
        fix for symptom 3.
    • Running various Windows troubleshooters didn't do much. Only the 'Windows Update' said it had some fixes regarding the database and 'fixed' it.
    • The bios is up to date. (Version E16H2IMS.112)

Any help would be welcome.

Cheers!

PS: yes this post looks a lot like my
    previous post
    , but that was marked answered because a moderator thinks all checks suggested can be performed within three days, next to a daily routine.

Knots23, May 7, 2020
  4. BSOD Driver_power_state_failure

BSOD : DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

I have a laptop ASUS X550JK, I get the BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, it happens randomly, Before the BSOD occurs, I notice a rise in CPU temperature and the fan makes noise

BSOD Driver_power_state_failure gDUxQ.png

When I check the dump file, I get this :

BSOD Driver_power_state_failure 4w1fx.png

What I've tried:

1. I've tried to install Windows 10 with USB and CD/DVD Drive as
      well, but the same issue happened every time.
    2. I've updated all drivers (using Driver Booster,Driver
      Reviver
      and DriverPack solution).
    3. I've changed some Power settings.

NOTE: With Linux (Ubuntu 19.04 & Mint), everything works just fine, I've used Linux for 1 week, and I didn't face any issue with it.

Can anyone help me to get resolve this issue, I've spent a lot of time to solve it with no success

Mouaad Abdelghafour AITALI, May 7, 2020
Thema:

BSOD Driver_power_state_failure

1. BSOD Driver_power_state_failure - Similar Threads - BSOD Driver_power_state_failure

2. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: My Dell Latitude 3410 crashed while the lid is closed and the fans started to get loud and when the lid is opened, it displayed a BSOD and shows the stop code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. How to resolve this problem?...
  3. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: My Dell Latitude 3410 crashed while the lid is closed and the fans started to get loud and when the lid is opened, it displayed a BSOD and shows the stop code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. How to resolve this problem?...
  4. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE leading to BSOD. I have Asus G14 laptop R7 4800HS + nvidia 1650

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE leading to BSOD. I have Asus G14 laptop R7 4800HS + nvidia 1650: This is the dump file: -DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fA driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000004, The power transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the Pnp subsystem.Arg2: 000000000000012c, Timeout in...
  6. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE leading to BSOD. I have Asus G14 laptop R7 4800HS + nvidia 1650

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE leading to BSOD. I have Asus G14 laptop R7 4800HS + nvidia 1650: This is the dump file: -DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fA driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000004, The power transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the Pnp subsystem.Arg2: 000000000000012c, Timeout in...
  7. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE ntoskrnl.exe+416c30 BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE ntoskrnl.exe+416c30 BSOD: Hello,Since few weeks i'm experiencing randomly BSOD on my computer on windows 11 23h2.I uploaded the minidump on the following link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nB5xuNzfr-aX-XSvBU5bwQ0UOrPTejFH/view?usp=sharingCan someone help me to understand how to resolve this issue...
  8. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE ntoskrnl.exe+416c30 BSOD

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE ntoskrnl.exe+416c30 BSOD: Hello,Since few weeks i'm experiencing randomly BSOD on my computer on windows 11 23h2.I uploaded the minidump on the following link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nB5xuNzfr-aX-XSvBU5bwQ0UOrPTejFH/view?usp=sharingCan someone help me to understand how to resolve this issue...
  9. BSOD Kernel-Power Event 41 BugCheckCode: 159 DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Kernel-Power Event 41 BugCheckCode: 159 DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hello, I have experienced a BSOD on my lenovo laptop. It is a LOQ 15APH8 with RTX 3050. The issue occured when I was installing a new driver version. I will upload a copy of 3 dump file as this BSOD has also occured when I tried to DDU the driver:https://we.tl/t-3Uaca9i06P...
  10. BSOD Kernel-Power Event 41 BugCheckCode: 159 DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

BSOD Kernel-Power Event 41 BugCheckCode: 159 DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hello, I have experienced a BSOD on my lenovo laptop. It is a LOQ 15APH8 with RTX 3050. The issue occured when I was installing a new driver version. I will upload a copy of 3 dump file as this BSOD has also occured when I tried to DDU the driver:https://we.tl/t-3Uaca9i06P...