Windows 10: [BSOD] DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION whenever I play a video game.

Discus and support [BSOD] DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION whenever I play a video game. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; High polygon 3D games, 2D pixel sprites, doesn't matter. I get blue screened nearly every time 15-30 minutes after booting the game up. I need to know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LiamGeary, Jul 15, 2022.

1. LiamGeary Win User

[BSOD] DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION whenever I play a video game.

High polygon 3D games, 2D pixel sprites, doesn't matter. I get blue screened nearly every time 15-30 minutes after booting the game up. I need to know how to fix this. It's been happening for months. https://www.mediafire.com/file/hlg7d08qvxxq1ga/minidumps.zip/fileThere's the five most recent minidump files. Can someone help?

:)

LiamGeary, Jul 15, 2022
  2. phelanka7 Win User

BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION (e6)

I have been getting this error (BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION (e6)) typically while playing video games but have seen it occur simply idling. The thing that I find strange is that I don't even have the Driver Verifier turned on. I have done the "verifier /reset" command which was one of the first things I tried to do to fix it after Googling the error. I have tried a number of things to try and fix this. A non-exhaustive list includes:

• Reinstalling GPU drivers using DDR (Display Driver Remover)
    • Meticulously updating every single driver for every device
    • Clean out the registry using CCleaner
    • Flashing BIOS
    • Ran Memtest86 (RAM stress test)
    • Ran Prime95 (cpu stress test)
    • chkdsk

I'm far from computer illiterate but this has me completely stumped. So I come to you, the experts, hat in hand. Please help me. You're my only hope.

phelanka7, Jul 15, 2022
  3. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 15, 2022
  4. axe0 Win User

BSOD playing video games such as Cs:Go etc. Error, Random BSOD's

Hi Pranav,

Haven't seen you in a long time.

I have made a short summary a few pages back for myself, on the 5th page, post 123
    It is likely not 100% up to date.

Thema:

1. [BSOD] DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION whenever I play a video game. - Similar Threads - BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION whenever

2. BSOD when playing game with USB controller - DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing game with USB controller - DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6: MEMORY DUMP FILE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H6z1ZSQve7jR-ueTVv-vWnyjMTSSuICY/view?usp=sharingWas playing Fortnite with friends, I had a USB controller plugged in that had some cable issues wouldn't turn on at certain cable angles but I assumed that it'd be fine. All of...
  3. BSOD when playing game with USB controller - DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when playing game with USB controller - DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6: MEMORY DUMP FILE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H6z1ZSQve7jR-ueTVv-vWnyjMTSSuICY/view?usp=sharingWas playing Fortnite with friends, I had a USB controller plugged in that had some cable issues wouldn't turn on at certain cable angles but I assumed that it'd be fine. All of...
  4. BSOD when playing game - DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing game - DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6: MEMORY DUMP FILE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H6z1ZSQve7jR-ueTVv-vWnyjMTSSuICY/view?usp=sharingWas playing Fortnite with friends, I had a USB controller plugged in that had some cable issues wouldn't turn on at certain cable angles but I assumed that it'd be fine. All of...
  5. [BSOD] DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION whenever I play a video game.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [BSOD] DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION whenever I play a video game.: High polygon 3D games, 2D pixel sprites, doesn't matter. I get blue screened nearly every time 15-30 minutes after booting the game up. I need to know how to fix this. It's been happening for months. https://www.mediafire.com/file/hlg7d08qvxxq1ga/minidumps.zip/fileThere's the...
  6. [BSOD] DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION whenever I play a video game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [BSOD] DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION whenever I play a video game.: High polygon 3D games, 2D pixel sprites, doesn't matter. I get blue screened nearly every time 15-30 minutes after booting the game up. I need to know how to fix this. It's been happening for months. https://www.mediafire.com/file/hlg7d08qvxxq1ga/minidumps.zip/fileThere's the...
  7. BSOD Whenever not playing games.

BSOD Whenever not playing games.: I started getting frequent crashed a couple weeks ago. The odd thing was it was only when I wasn't gaming so when I was doing homework or work on google it would randomly crash. I scanned hard drive and memory, stress tested the CPU made sure all my drivers were up to date. I...
  8. BSOD Whenever Playing Games

BSOD Whenever Playing Games: Whenever I am playing games sometimes my PC will BSOD. I get a couple different types of errors like SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED just to name a few. I've had this issue for years but it used to happen very infrequently but now it will happen on...
  9. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION BSOD whenever video played

DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION BSOD whenever video played: Hi, With latest Windows update (1903), I'm getting a predictable BSOD every time any video file is played. I tried using VLC and other apps to ensure it was not the app but crash is consistent (usually happens within few seconds on opening the file). I had recently plugged...
  10. BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION

BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION: I am getting a BSOD on my system intermittently. There is no specific application that triggers it, but my system is consistently connected to a Dell TB16 Dock.Here is the minidump file ....