Windows 10: BSOD due to a Machine Check Error only when playing Overwatch.

Discus and support BSOD due to a Machine Check Error only when playing Overwatch. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My system is overclocked but I ran a stress test with OCCT for ~24 hours when I first set it up and there were no issues. The crashes have only ever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by profDEADPOOL, Jun 4, 2016.

1. BSOD due to a Machine Check Error only when playing Overwatch.

My system is overclocked but I ran a stress test with OCCT for ~24 hours when I first set it up and there were no issues.

The crashes have only ever happened while playing Overwatch. They are definitely not heat related unless CAM is reading the temperature of my CPU cores incorrectly because none were over 70C at any point.

The logs are attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachment 83378

:)

profDEADPOOL, Jun 4, 2016

2. Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

Hey!

This kind of error literally only happens when playing Overwatch. I randomly get a BSOD and it's always the same error message. It's caused by a particular address in my ntoskrnl.exe.

Driver View, System Information, Speccy, and Dmp files are all accessed through:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao6GgC-crHzNhR2_6w1SX7OvoiLr

I'm running Windows 10 and I've made sure my drivers are as up to date as they get; I've also run the System File Checker and Memtest, and both come back with no errors.

pinkblade2, Jun 4, 2016
  3. UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION and other bsods

Hello,

In the past, I think I've seen BSODs very rarely, but for some reason yesterday, I kept getting BSOD after BSOD. I had a total of 10 bsod's yesterday, but unfortunatly, I lost the dmp files (due to my own stupidity)

I know that more bsod files would definitely help especially since all my BSODs were not the same (i had some NTFS.sys ones as well as a lot of UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION(ntoskrnl.sys) and one ndu.sys one...)

I've ran one pass of memtest86+ and it came out clean. I'll be doing another one now to see how it goes. I've ran chkdsk with no problems and sfcscan multiple times with no issues. In the past, it used to crash all of a sudden (usually while playing games,
    but not always), but recently I've noticed that when I play Overwatch, Overwatch freezes, but my computer is still usable for a good 1 - 3 minutes before I BSOD. I've also clean wiped my NVIDIA driver and uninstalled MSI Afterburner before reinstalling the
    drivers.

If someone could look into the DMP i provided and tell me what would be a likely cause, I would very appreciate it. I will try to upload more BSODs as they happen.

Also, this is my first post, so I may have left stuff out, or done something stupid. Please tell me asap if that's the case.

ZIP FILE containing minidump, MEMORY.dmp, Speccy in xml/txt files, and sysinfo.nfo

New folder (2).zip

Edit: Ran a 2nd memtest86+ pass + more and no errors. Also here's the most common bsod i get. It's usually when Black Desert Online is running. (In the past, I've gotten a bsod for driver verfication violation on xhunter1.sys which apparently is xigncode3
    from BDO)

(will post when i upload it)

Daniel Ahn, Jun 4, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

BSOD due to a Machine Check Error only when playing Overwatch.

jds63, Jun 4, 2016
  5. Yes my video card drivers are up to date.

6. jds63 Win User
    O.k. i was wondering. Did the other article shed some light on this error you receive ?

jds63, Jun 4, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Please remove all overclocking, overclocking is 1 of the main causes of the crashes you have.

axe0, Jun 4, 2016
  8. BSOD due to a Machine Check Error only when playing Overwatch.

If other games that use 100% of the CPU and a 24 hour stress test don't result in the bluescreen doesn't that suggest it isn't related to the overclock?

9. axe0 New Member
    At the moment it doesn't really matter if the overclock is stable in other situations, what does matter is to remove the overclock until your system is 100% stable again. It is the first step of troubleshooting with hardware errors.

The crashes 0x9C & 0x124 are both hardware crashes, the 0x124 is the 'new' version.
    Hardware crashes can occur due to faulty hardware, overheating, dust, BIOS problems, pushing hardware too far (overclocking), drivers, improper cooling, software, etc.,

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD due to a Machine Check Error only when playing Overwatch.

1. BSOD due to a Machine Check Error only when playing Overwatch. - Similar Threads - BSOD due Machine

2. BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch: Hello there,I'm getting bluescreens sometimes when I play Overwatch or when I am starting it.It happens randomly and I already checked my ssd and inserted new RAM into the computer.Also I tried to reinstall Windows and reinstalled / updated all drivers.Could you help me to...
  3. BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch: Hello there,I'm getting bluescreens sometimes when I play Overwatch or when I am starting it.It happens randomly and I already checked my ssd and inserted new RAM into the computer.Also I tried to reinstall Windows and reinstalled / updated all drivers.Could you help me to...
  4. BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD When playing Overwatch 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD When playing Overwatch 2: Hi there,I've been getting the BSOD with the label DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when playing Overwatch 2 frequently. I've searched it and some say it's a driver issue but I'm not sure.Here are the files:Dump FilesmsinfoThanks so much!...
  6. BSOD When playing Overwatch 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD When playing Overwatch 2: Hi there,I've been getting the BSOD with the label DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when playing Overwatch 2 frequently. I've searched it and some say it's a driver issue but I'm not sure.Here are the files:Dump FilesmsinfoThanks so much!...
  7. BSOD When playing Overwatch 2

8. BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_Trap) When Playing Overwatch

BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_Trap) When Playing Overwatch: Hello, I recently built a computer over the holidays with the specs listed in my profile. I have been using it daily for work and for gaming, but the last couple of weeks I got a BSOD error (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_Trap) twice. I checked event logs both times and learned...
  9. BSOD only when playing Overwatch. Can't pinpoint a solution

BSOD only when playing Overwatch. Can't pinpoint a solution: As the thread title suggests I have been having BSOD whenever I play Overwatch. Sometimes I can play for hours before having a crash occurs and other times it happens in minutes. I have gotten some minidump files from the past few days as well as the files from the...
  10. BSOD / RSOD when playing games.. (overwatch)

BSOD / RSOD when playing games.. (overwatch): Im sometimes getting a completly red screen while im playing overwatch, this happens randomly. I used to have windows 7, and I'd get bsod, so I upgraded to win 10, and now im still getting it.. *Sad Some times I can play a day or to without it happening, and other times It...