Windows 10: BSOD due to Driver_Verification_Detected_Violation after Windows update

Discus and support BSOD due to Driver_Verification_Detected_Violation after Windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was browsing the Steam program and opened a page with an imbedded video of somebody streaming gameplay which triggered an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ToddSibelius, Sep 25, 2019.

1. BSOD due to Driver_Verification_Detected_Violation after Windows update

I was browsing the Steam program and opened a page with an imbedded video of somebody streaming gameplay which triggered an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crash. When the computer rebooted it immediately hit a BSOD due to Driver_Verification_Detected_Violation and restarted. This repeated until it entered repair mode and I logged into Safe Mode. I have not previously had any issues with imbedded videos on Steam. Looking through my event log, the last event listed prior to rebooting in Safe Mode was a series of Windows Updates.

DMP file is here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnxWiZztPkoKk37UzItiiou5dNzh?e=5ZwaBD

System came with Windows 10 pre-installed. BIOS and graphics card drivers were updated a few weeks back and the sound card driver some time before that. Windows updates have been installed automatically.

:)

ToddSibelius, Sep 25, 2019
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Windows Update (BSOD)

Hi Guys.
    I have Built a Machine for Crunching a few days ago and I have some issues with Windows Update.

I have installed all Windows Updates but there are around 9 left without been installed becasue everytime i try to install it the Machine Crash and I get a BSOD, can someone tell me what could be causing that Windows Updates makes a Machine crash and get BSOD?

Cheers.

Knoxx29, Sep 25, 2019
  3. alexsubri Win User
    BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD due to Driver_Verification_Detected_Violation after Windows update [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Sep 25, 2019
  4. BSOD due to Driver_Verification_Detected_Violation after Windows update

Windows 10 bsod

Hi,

We need to know that did you tried the steps which suggested in previous link.

Try updating the display adapter and also check for the latest system updates.

We suggest you to install the latest windows 10 updates, please follow the steps to install all the windows updates.

If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button, then select Settings
    > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates.

If the issue still persists, this issue may occur due to the HID (human interface device) drivers is out dated. Try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you update display driver and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows Key + R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      in the box and hit Enter.
    • Locate and Expand the HID (human interface device).
    • Right Click on the listed drivers.
    • Click on update.

Get back to us with the current status of your issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

BSOD due to Driver_Verification_Detected_Violation after Windows update

1. BSOD due to Driver_Verification_Detected_Violation after Windows update - Similar Threads - BSOD due Driver_Verification_Detected_Violation

2. BSOD due to installation of driver updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD due to installation of driver updates.: Started with BSOD - hswultpep.sys after installing new drivers. Tried to repair but nothing and now error 0xc00000f. I have tried to reset and recover but nothing will go through and also no restore points. I have tried to install via USB but no option appears available like...
  3. BSOD due to installation of driver updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD due to installation of driver updates.: Started with BSOD - hswultpep.sys after installing new drivers. Tried to repair but nothing and now error 0xc00000f. I have tried to reset and recover but nothing will go through and also no restore points. I have tried to install via USB but no option appears available like...
  4. BSOD due to ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD due to ntoskrnl.exe: ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+538ad1 fffff802`6f800000 fffff802`70847000 0x01047000 0xaff18ce5 7/16/2063 4:24:05 PM The above was what Blue Screen Viewer showed me. I have also attached the Dumps in the link below.Mini Dumps...
  5. BSOD due to ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD due to ntoskrnl.exe: pls i need help this is killing me i try to run games but i get blue screen and this causes it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-due-to-ntoskrnlexe/223a7a7e-1faf-4362-ba36-7ad1167eeb24
  6. BSOD caused due to wnpdriver.sys after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD caused due to wnpdriver.sys after updates: I started getting BSOD's on my ThinkPad T490 after an update in late November. I do not know when the update was installed but as far as I know they started around November 21st. I've tried deleting the driver from file explorer in normal and in safe mode but it keeps getting...
  7. BSOD caused due to wnpdriver.sys after updates

BSOD caused due to wnpdriver.sys after updates: I started getting BSOD's on my ThinkPad T490 after an update in late November. I do not know when the update was installed but as far as I know they started around November 21st. I've tried deleting the driver from file explorer in normal and in safe mode but it keeps getting...
  8. BSOD due to IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD due to IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Receiving this error every so often . Have reinstalled Windows 11 but it still happens. Drivers are up to date. Attached is dump file. Please help.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22473.1005 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump...
  9. BSOD due to KB5001330 update. How to skip update?

BSOD due to KB5001330 update. How to skip update?: I get a BSOD after each reboot. Same thing every rebootEvent Viewer:Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800F0845: 2021-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB5001330.The process goes like...
  10. Getting BSODs after fresh reinstall of Windows due to BSODs

Getting BSODs after fresh reinstall of Windows due to BSODs: I started getting random blue screens lately and I can't pinpoint what it is exactly. I ran some driver verifier tests so I have a result from that, and then I reinstalled windows and got a irql_not_less... BSOD soon after. Before reinstalling windows I got into a boot loop...