Windows 10: BSOD due to dxgkrnl.sys

Discus and support BSOD due to dxgkrnl.sys in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I have actually been having issues for a while now, but I've been putting them off due to lack of free time. Originally, it seemed like the cause... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VitaminY, Nov 24, 2022.

1. VitaminY Win User

BSOD due to dxgkrnl.sys

So I have actually been having issues for a while now, but I've been putting them off due to lack of free time. Originally, it seemed like the cause was a file amdgpio.sys causing dpc watchdog violations, as every bsod I had suffered turned up with this file using the windows debug tool. I did a clean installation hoping the issue would go away, but alas, it returned. Same violation, different file, it seems like. I have also been experiencing keyboard input lag on certain websites ones I can remember off the top of my head are lenovo.com, a banking website, and a government aid website on w

:)

VitaminY, Nov 24, 2022

2. DXGKRNL BSOD from closing games or using display related apps how do I fix it?

The gold standard Clean Install can be used on any PC regardless of manufacturer. The factory install is wiped out just like it is with the Reset. If you tell me the manufacturer I can let you know if there is any factory bloatware worth reinstalling afterwards.

If you do the Reset you must look for the Cloud Reset option to be offered. If not then you can go ahead but it may fail or end up dysfunctional.

I can also give you fixes for the BSOD you're getting to try first if you want. Here are a few, there are many more:

https://www.getdroidtips.com/fix-blue-screen-er...

https://tencomputer.com/fix-system-service-exce...

https://thegeekpage.com/dxgkrnl-sys-bsod/

Report back results for each step so I know what else to suggest.

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary. You have a lot to try now so something may work before you need to do a Reset.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020 (retired), Nov 24, 2022
  3. PHRV Win User
    dxgmms2.sys BSOD

Hello,

A while back, my computer lost power while it was installing windows updates. Since then, I've had BSODs every couple days, with various errors pointing to a driver error. These were annoying, but manageable. I tried a few basic troubleshooting steps, like
    using a removal tool for my graphics card drivers and reinstalling, but I didn't do much else.

The last couple days, the BSOD rate has ramped up, and I started seeing "dxgmms2.sys" get listed in the BSODs, which is relatively new.

I followed the instructions
    here.

And here are my dmp files resulting from that:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au4wk9mJt6sJgcFgkEXA4rOFod4-cg?e=wIzEMq

Thanks.

4. cplpro Win User

BSOD due to dxgkrnl.sys

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile BSOD due to dxgkrnl.sys :)

cplpro, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

BSOD due to dxgkrnl.sys

1. BSOD due to dxgkrnl.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD due dxgkrnl

2. USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS: I have a third gen. Lenovo Carbon X1. Up until this summer, it was running with the original Windows 10 installation from when I purhased it 2015-2016 timeframe. Last year one of the hinges broke and the wireless signal strength degraded from a broken antenna wire routed...
  3. USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS: I have a third gen. Lenovo Carbon X1. Up until this summer, it was running with the original Windows 10 installation from when I purhased it 2015-2016 timeframe. Last year one of the hinges broke and the wireless signal strength degraded from a broken antenna wire routed...
  4. USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD with DXGKRNL error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with DXGKRNL error: I checked the Minidump folder, and found the .dmp files, viewed them with BlueScreenView. The problem was found to be dxgkrnl.sys and ntoskrnl.sys each and every time this has happened.I have done the following at least once:1. Booted into safe mode, used DDU to completely...
  6. BSOD with DXGKRNL error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with DXGKRNL error: I checked the Minidump folder, and found the .dmp files, viewed them with BlueScreenView. The problem was found to be dxgkrnl.sys and ntoskrnl.sys each and every time this has happened.I have done the following at least once:1. Booted into safe mode, used DDU to completely...
  7. BSOD with DXGKRNL error

8. Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure: Split from this thread. hi, i just started having this issue yesterday after i got a new modem on tuesday and put in the new password for modem/ router... ATaT device... followed the stems on the forum gladly the blue screen has the error indicated... any way i seem to...
  9. Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure: My ASUS laptop downloaded and installed the latest Windows 10 updates (on August 31) after which my laptop crashes within 5-10 minutes of use. The stop code error message I get is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. What failed: Netwtw06.sys. I collected my system information and...
  10. BSODs Due to Qcamain10x65.sys Error

BSODs Due to Qcamain10x65.sys Error: Hi, A week ago I posted a question regarding a similar problem. For a while, I was getting the driver_irql_not_less_or_equal error. After looking at the minidump files, I was told to update my Qualcomm Atheros Network card device driver. I tried this solution, but I started...