Windows 10: BSOD due to Page fault caused in Network driver

Discus and support BSOD due to Page fault caused in Network driver in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello ,I am working on a driver that uses WFP redirection at the network layer .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Aishwarya_057, Sep 28, 2022.

1. BSOD due to Page fault caused in Network driver

Hello ,I am working on a driver that uses WFP redirection at the network layer . https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/network/using-bind-or-connect-redirection. This is leading to a page fault . I'm also attaching the crash dump. Can you suggest what could be causing the issue. Which parameter should I look into?******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * *

:)

Aishwarya_057, Sep 28, 2022

2. BSOD page fault in non paged area

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

We understand your concern and would suggest you to perform the following steps and check:

• Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:
      • To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.
    • Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking. Here is the steps:

Press and hold the shift key while clicking on Restart at the login Screen (Bottom right corner) >
      Troubleshoot> Advanced Options> Startup Settings> Restart >>Choose Enable
      Safe mode with networking
      • Check Device Manager (Press Windows+X key and select Device Manager) and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Also, I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the suggestions provided by ZigZag and check if it helps.

Redirecting

Hope this helps. If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 28, 2022
  3. Blaine Win User
    BSOD: Page Fault in nonpaged area File: cdd.dll

I'm running windows 10 build 14393 on a laptop.

Some backstory: I've been getting very frequent BSODs with the error being "kernel security check failure"- about once every 2 days. I think I finally narrowed the issue down to being caused by my new usb 3 hub. I unplugged the hub and got no BSODs for about a week- at least until today.

Today I got a BSOD but instead the error was "Page Fault in nonpaged area" (a message that I've never seen on this computer before). The file concerned was cdd.dll. What could be causing this type of BSOD?

My ram is new (got it around the same time as the USB hub- 2 months ago). However, this is the first time I've gotten the page fault error message in the 2 months with the new ram, and the "kernel security check failure" errors kept occurring when I put the old ram in as a test. Memtest also completed 1 pass fine. Other than that, no hardware has been "changed" per-se, but I did open my laptop and put it back together to replace the screen which had broken.

If you'd like to read the above paragraphs in bullet form:

• 2 months ago: Replaced screen
    • 2 months ago: Changed RAM
    • 1.6 months ago: Started using new USB hub
    • 1.5 months ago: Started getting BSODs "Kernel security check failure" fairly regularly.
    • 1 month ago: Put the old ram back in
    • 1 month ago: Memtest completed successfully
    • 1 month ago: Continued to receive kernel security check failure BSODs
    • 1 week ago: Stopped using USB hub
    • 1 week ago: stopped receiving kernel security check failure BSOD
    • Today: got a BSOD "page fault in nonpaged area" with the file being cdd.dll
    • Today: chkdsk completed succesfully

Blaine, Sep 28, 2022
  4. axe0 Win User

BSOD due to Page fault caused in Network driver

BSOD fault=Driver IRLQ not Less or Equal - L1C63x64.sys

Hi vaargen,

Welcome to the 10forums.

According to the dump there are a few drivers blamed.
    The Network In/Output system
    The NIC (Network Interface Card) driver

My guess is that Daemon tools is the root of the problem.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSOD due to Page fault caused in Network driver [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Thema:

BSOD due to Page fault caused in Network driver

1. BSOD due to Page fault caused in Network driver - Similar Threads - BSOD due Page

2. BSOD Page Fault

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Page Fault: Hi support,I have been getting a regular BSOD Page fault for a month now. I have updated NVIDIA drivers , AMD chipset drivers and removed things that were installed just before the fault started happening. I have done memory checks and error checking with no faults apparent....
  3. BSOD Page Fault

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Page Fault: Hi support,I have been getting a regular BSOD Page fault for a month now. I have updated NVIDIA drivers , AMD chipset drivers and removed things that were installed just before the fault started happening. I have done memory checks and error checking with no faults apparent....
  4. BSOD Page Fault

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD due to Page fault caused in Network driver

BSOD due to Page fault caused in Network driver: Hello ,I am working on a driver that uses WFP redirection at the network layer . https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/network/using-bind-or-connect-redirection. This is leading to a page fault . I'm also attaching the crash dump. Can you suggest what...
  6. BSOD due to Page fault caused in Network driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD due to Page fault caused in Network driver: Hello ,I am working on a driver that uses WFP redirection at the network layer . https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/network/using-bind-or-connect-redirection. This is leading to a page fault . I'm also attaching the crash dump. Can you suggest what...
  7. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe: Hi, I have been having headaches these last two weeks trying to find the cause of my bsod, I am not very good at reading dump files and the only thing I could find was that the causes were ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe but they are system processes therefore it was not...
  8. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe

Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe: Hi, I have been having headaches these last two weeks trying to find the cause of my bsod, I am not very good at reading dump files and the only thing I could find was that the causes were ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe but they are system processes therefore it was not...
  9. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe

10. BSOD page fault in no pages area

BSOD page fault in no pages area: For a few weeks now I've been getting BSOD mostly while using internet browser (chrome). I've tried all the trouble shooting step including anti virus scans, registry clean ups, dusting out computer vents, changing settings for paging, adjusting chrome settings etc. I have...