Windows 10: BSOD due to unknown reason

Discus and support BSOD due to unknown reason in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Had a BSOD while booting while ago. It quickly rebooted so i could not catch the error code . Want to know what caused it. My laptop came from repairs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MHSabik, Apr 18, 2021.

1. MHSabik Win User

BSOD due to unknown reason

Had a BSOD while booting while ago. It quickly rebooted so i could not catch the error code . Want to know what caused it. My laptop came from repairs last week. Want to check if something is related to that. Last few months got frequent BSOD due to feature update. Whenever i update to 2004 or 20h2 i cant boot into my laptop and need to revert back to 1909 build.

Here is the latest dump and msinfo file link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pGIT5_gSvghDlTkB8mOYsELwatgbE7GU/view?usp=sharing

:)

MHSabik, Apr 18, 2021
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD due to unknown reason [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Axolotl Win User
    Multiple Different Errors for Unknown Reasons

Unfortunately neither fixed the issue. Trying to follow the instructions of any other 'windows not connecting fix' things online leads to errors like this popping up at nearly every step:

BSOD due to unknown reason [​IMG]

Axolotl, Apr 18, 2021
  4. Donna Men Win User

BSOD issue after fixing another BSOD error

Hi Williams,

There are several reasons why BSOD occur, which has different resolution. To check for any corruption or the integrity of your computer's Windows, we suggest that you perform a
    Check Disk by following these steps:

• Type cmd in the search bar.
    • Right-click on the Command Prompt, then Run as administrator.
    • Type chkdsk x: /r, the /r command will fix errors found on the disk.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Donna Men, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

1. BSOD due to unknown reason - Similar Threads - BSOD due unknown

2. Recent BSODs due to Unknown Driver Conflicts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent BSODs due to Unknown Driver Conflicts: My PC has recently began exhibiting some strange behaviors following or at least I assume several driver updates. Up until this point I had strictly been using the driver tools from my PC's manufacturer, Dell, though at some point I got overzealous and started using Intel's...
  3. Recent BSODs due to Unknown Driver Conflicts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent BSODs due to Unknown Driver Conflicts: My PC has recently began exhibiting some strange behaviors following or at least I assume several driver updates. Up until this point I had strictly been using the driver tools from my PC's manufacturer, Dell, though at some point I got overzealous and started using Intel's...
  4. PC freezes for unknown reasons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes for unknown reasons: Hi all,Lately I've been experiencing freezes while gaming. It happened with CSGO and GTA V so far. Tried windowed, borderless and fullscreen. It mainly happens when I alt+tab, although sometimes it also freezes while doing other things. When it happens I'm usually on a voice...
  5. System crashing, unknown reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crashing, unknown reason: For the past year or so, my Win11 system is crashing randomly. I have replaced/upgraded countless components in hopes of finding the solution including the SSD, RAM, and video card but alas still have the crashes, which may occur several times a day, or sometimes just as few...
  6. Long boot times due to unknown reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Long boot times due to unknown reason: So for a solid month now, my system seems to have gotten slow whenever I try to start it up. I didn't notice it at first since I usually do something else whenever it boots. However, recently when I sat down to actually wait for my laptop to boot up, it took a solid 10...
  7. Slow performance due to unknown reasons.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow performance due to unknown reasons.: So, the issue started after Windows Feature Update 2004. My laptop which is only a month old began to lag and it was unable to open Office apps quickly and slowly the issue spread to not being able to multi task in Word and MS Teams simultaneously, unresponsive apps etc. I...
  8. BSOD for unknown reason

BSOD for unknown reason: hello Microsoft Service Team, i bought a brand new pc and it is not working properly i tried to find out why but the BlueScreenView App is not helping. So the bug id code is: 0x00000101 I do not know where to upload my minidump file so i made a screenshot for you. thx...
  9. Different type of BSODs (unknown reason)

Different type of BSODs (unknown reason): Hi everyone I hope I posted this in right form and in right place. Problem: So my PC random started getting BSODs last summer but rarely maybe once per day.As time passed it increased a lot.In that time they happened when gaming.Suddenly after 2 weeks of BSODs they...
  10. BSOD (Reason is completely unknown)

BSOD (Reason is completely unknown): So, some days ago i got Random BSOD (i thought Random), first i was thinking "Hmmm Propably some random Software issue" and i didnt even care but now i got almost everyday a BSOD. Just 1h ago i got one while watching Youtube and it didnt creat a dump file at all... Here...