Windows 10: BSOD / Dump File creation failure 161

Discus and support BSOD / Dump File creation failure 161 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For the past 3-4 weeks, i got BSOD like one time a day and then today i got BSOD 3 times in 4 hours. In event viewer i got this error "dump file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Aira Thalca Avila Putra, Jan 19, 2022.

1. BSOD / Dump File creation failure 161

For the past 3-4 weeks, i got BSOD like one time a day and then today i got BSOD 3 times in 4 hours. In event viewer i got this error "dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation. 161". When i try to look at C:/Windows/Minidump the folde is empty and no minidump file on C:/Windows. How to fix this problem please help me.

:)

Aira Thalca Avila Putra, Jan 19, 2022

2. error creating dump file during bsod error

Hello!

I checked the event logs.

In the event log there are errors 161 - source volmgr. There are error during creating dump file, but when I used the tool NotMyfault the dump file was created. Is this the hard disk failure?

It was happened many times

Andrzej_RTech, Jan 19, 2022
  3. Knots23 Win User
    BSOD when running on battery - driver_power_state_failure

Hi again,

I performed the Driver Verfier step, but it seems to fail on writing the dump file... This occurred three times by now.

After a couple of minutes on battery, a BSOD flashes for a split second and the laptop reboots. The only reason I dare say it's a BSOD, is because you see a flash of blue before the reboot; the text cannot be read at all.

When checking the event viewer afterward, there is an error:

"Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation."

Source: volmgr

Event ID: 161

Knots23, Jan 19, 2022
  4. BSOD / Dump File creation failure 161

Why does Windows 10 not create a dump file?

I have a modern Surface and it continually blue screens. Unfortunately it never creates a dump file so i am not able to debug the cause of the crash. I have validated the correct settings for dump file creation e.g. following instructions such as these: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/130536/windows-does-not-save-memory-dump-file-after-a-crash

and

BSOD does not create dump files

I just want to get to the bottom of the issue and i don't just want to perform a clean factory install until i have attempted to determine the issue in case it is hardware related. My surface is only 4 months old and it has been plagued with BSOD.

Thanks to anyone that can provide me some other ideas.

Evenvwr reports event 161 from volmgr - Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.

DeadlySilverFox, Jan 19, 2022
Thema:

BSOD / Dump File creation failure 161

1. BSOD / Dump File creation failure 161 - Similar Threads - BSOD Dump File

2. Repeated BSOD with Error in Dump File Creation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated BSOD with Error in Dump File Creation: Hello! I built a pc around a month ago, and it consistently crashes. The computer will enter a BSOD which has the error code "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" and then on restart I will be stuck in bios infinitely until I press the power button. It happens more frequently when I am...
  3. Repeated BSOD with Error in Dump File Creation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated BSOD with Error in Dump File Creation: Hello! I built a pc around a month ago, and it consistently crashes. The computer will enter a BSOD which has the error code "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" and then on restart I will be stuck in bios infinitely until I press the power button. It happens more frequently when I am...
  4. BSOD, Kernel 41 error - volmgr 161 error - no dump files

BSOD, Kernel 41 error - volmgr 161 error - no dump files: Hi i've been getting constant BSODS' where it turns off so fast i can't take a picture of the error displayed on it. I think it's either a PSU error or a drive error, but i don't know how to diagnose which one it is. PC specs: CPU - Intel Core i5-12600K Alder Lake CPUGPU -...
  5. BSOD / Dump File creation failure 161

BSOD / Dump File creation failure 161: For the past 3-4 weeks, i got BSOD like one time a day and then today i got BSOD 3 times in 4 hours. In event viewer i got this error "dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation. 161". When i try to look at C:/Windows/Minidump the folde is empty and no...
  6. BSOD / Dump File creation failure 161

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD / Dump File creation failure 161: For the past 3-4 weeks, i got BSOD like one time a day and then today i got BSOD 3 times in 4 hours. In event viewer i got this error "dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation. 161". When i try to look at C:/Windows/Minidump the folde is empty and no...
  7. BSOD : Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.

BSOD : Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.: Hello All, BSOD I got this errorcontinuously. Even when I post this I got two time. I try all solution which Ifind in Google. I run command like “sfc /scannow” I did disc check. also this DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. I don’t have any cleaningsoftware like...
  8. Please Help with EventID 161 Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation...

Please Help with EventID 161 Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation...: Hi Team, I desperately come to you to help me diagnose a critical error BSOD that is driving me crazy about a new computer I bought for Gaiming that worked perfectly until a few days and has intermittent behavior. I'm a former Microsoft employee trained as a Senior...
  9. Dump File Creation Faild

Dump File Creation Faild: Yesterday my PC rebooted by his self while I was coding in Visual Studio, I've checked the Event Viewer and seen that the Dump file couldn't be created, Can it be the issue that causes the unexpected crash ? Here's the error from Event Viwer: "Dump file creation failed...
  10. BSOD from Event ID 161, 'Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.' Need...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD from Event ID 161, 'Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.' Need...: I've been having constant BSOD's for almost a year now with a stopcode: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I've searched up the entire internet for any sort of solutions to this issue but I've come across almost nothing that can solve this issue. Any help will be appriciated! My event...