Windows 10: BSOD during clean install

Discus and support BSOD during clean install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Quick backstory: Had Windows 10 Pro running since it came out with relatively few problems. I decided it was time for a graphics upgrade so I threw... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NMRacer, Apr 16, 2017.

1. NMRacer Win User

BSOD during clean install

Quick backstory:

Had Windows 10 Pro running since it came out with relatively few problems. I decided it was time for a graphics upgrade so I threw in an EVGA GeForce 1060. Nvidia decided I needed new drivers and it has been all downhill since then.

1) I first got a couple of MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs while playing Ghost Recon: Wildlands. I assumed I had a bad graphics card so I began the RMA process.

2) Then I started getting SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSODs upon restart. At this point I pulled the 1060 and put in my old 660. Unfortunately, I continued to get both BSODs and it eventually got to the point of an unrecoverable BSOD loop. In retrospect, I'm guessing it was my driver rather than hardware issue.

3) I have now wiped my OS drive and am attempting to reinstall Windows from scratch, but cannot get my RAID drivers to load due to a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD. I get this at the install point. I've successfully installed on a single drive, but cannot seem to get it to respond properly to a RAID setup.

Any suggestions on where I should even begin? I've cleared the CMOS, but nothing seems to have improved.

:)

NMRacer, Apr 16, 2017
  2. Beth4293 Win User

How to: Perform a Custom Installation of Windows

My computer received a BSOD during a reset and the windows would no longer boot. I got a new version to install but I get about 20% in and get another BSOD error so I'm not able to get anywhere. Any way of getting around this so o can install the clean
    version?

Beth4293, Apr 16, 2017
  3. BSOD WDF_Violation When Trying to do a Reset or Clean Install with Media

Upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Pro. Upgrade went well. Liking Windows 10 enough that I want to do a clean install of only W10 as this computer was originally XP upgraded to W7 upgraded to W8 to W8.1 and I want a fresh start.

Attempted to do a reset with keeping my files. During the preparation I get a BSOD WDF_Violation. Tried a reset 3 times with same results.

Attempted to use Windows 10 ISO disc to do a clean install and get the same BSOD WDF_Violation during the Automatic Repair screen.

Seen this as a problem on a few forums with no resolution yet.

Please help.

phred84044, Apr 16, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Run a test of your memory to see if that is the problem.

BSOD during clean install [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

philc43, Apr 18, 2017
  5. NMRacer Win User
    Duh. I don't know why I didn't think of RAM. I've been crazy busy at work and haven't had time to run a full test, but there were a couple of errors before a power outage so I'll assume this was the issue until I get more time to dive into the rabbit hole. I'll go ahead and leave it open until I double check it.

Thanks Phil.

NMRacer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD during clean install - Similar Threads - BSOD during clean

2. BSOD during clean install of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD during clean install of Windows 11: I recently made a custom PC and am trying to do a clean install of Windows 11 via Installation Media. I keep getting bsod of various types, and at various points in the process. Sometimes I don't even get to the first screen that asks for language. A couple times it finished...
  3. BSOD during clean install of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD during clean install of Windows 11: I recently made a custom PC and am trying to do a clean install of Windows 11 via Installation Media. I keep getting bsod of various types, and at various points in the process. Sometimes I don't even get to the first screen that asks for language. A couple times it finished...
  4. Crashing during clean install

Crashing during clean install: Since my pc was acting up I've been trying to reinstall windows 10. 10 times in a row it has crashed during installation and had to start from the very beginning and crashes at different points. I've check every physical component, the UEFI settings including clearing the...
  5. Crashing during clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Crashing during clean install: Since my pc was acting up I've been trying to reinstall windows 10. 10 times in a row it has crashed during installation and had to start from the very beginning and crashes at different points. I've check every physical component, the UEFI settings including clearing the...
  6. BSOD during clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD during clean install: Hey, I was getting a bunch of BSOD’s and decided to do a clean install of windows using MCT and a usb, everything installed fine until I got to the getting ready screen and then got a System Service Exception BSOD. This issue has been continuous and I have tried every...
  7. BSOD during clean install

BSOD during clean install: Hey, I was getting a bunch of BSOD’s and decided to do a clean install of windows using MCT and a usb, everything installed fine until I got to the getting ready screen and then got a System Service Exception BSOD. This issue has been continuous and I have tried every...
  8. BSOD during clean install

9. Clean install BSOD during sleep?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clean install BSOD during sleep?: Just did a clean install of Windows 10 pro x64 last night. Everything was going well it seemed. Installed all my essentials and drivers. I put my PC to sleep last night. Woke up this morning and my PC was turned on for some reason, checked event viewer and saw a "bugcheck"....
  10. Actions during a clean install

Actions during a clean install: When doing a clean install and after clicking to do a custom install you get a box will all the current drives on the hard disk. I chose to reformat the C:/ drive as I have done many times. then continued. Today I received a message about GPT and that the partitions on the...