Windows 10: BSOD during display driver install...

Discus and support BSOD during display driver install... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Lenovo Laptop T530 (I5-3210M 2.5G 4GB 500GB 15.6IN DVDRW W10P 64BIT) - upgraded from Windows 7 Pro 64-bit to Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit. This is one of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RachelATWelton, Mar 8, 2016.

1. BSOD during display driver install...

Lenovo Laptop T530 (I5-3210M 2.5G 4GB 500GB 15.6IN DVDRW W10P 64BIT) - upgraded from Windows 7 Pro 64-bit to Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit. This is one of three identical laptops in my office (other two are still on Win7). No external displays being recognized through VGA display port or when connected to a docking station (THINKPAD MINI DOCK PLUS SERIES3 WITH USB 3.0 90W). Attempts to install display driver win64_153342.exe (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...-8-1-10-15-33-) leads to BSOD. Event viewer shows hundreds of DeviceSetupManager errors code 131 (Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container.....) No other error codes surround the times of the BSODs. I've tried alternative display drivers and experienced the same symptoms. SS and Error Log attached. *Mad
    Attachment 68374Attachment 68375Attachment 68376

:)

RachelATWelton, Mar 8, 2016
  2. Forestor Win User

BSOD while updating windows 10

Hello, thanks for your reply.

May I ask if both of the different types of BSODs are caused by the same reason?

I looked up and tried to update the drivers for both of my display card and still the same BSOD happened during windows 10 update just 2 days ago...

Does that mean I shall try to install an older version of the drivers?

I don't think it was because of the temperature as the laptop was pretty cool and I always use it on top of a cooler fan.

Forestor, Mar 8, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Install Problem C1900101-30018

also a quick question, would you recomend disabling the graphics card because after it installs the video driver during install it goes to the bsod

WindowsRT1, Mar 8, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD during display driver install...

On the Lenovo site, I find this video driver for Windows 10 X64.

Attachment 68394

Intel HD Graphics Driver

Have you tried that one yet?

Looking at the two most recent dumps, sgfxk64 is in the stack just prior to the bugcheck.
    All I can find on it is this:

Product: SMSC Graphics Adapter WDDM Software
    Company: SMSC
    Description: SMSC Graphics Adapter WDDM Kernel Mode Driver
    This appears to apply to the Intel onboard graphics adapter so maybe the driver I pointed to will fix this?

Ztruker, Mar 8, 2016
  5. Same result. Obtained error message at the bottom of the BSOD that I hadn't documented:
    ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY

Found this forum... Solved BSOD. Attempted execute of noexecute memory - Windows 10 Forums

Didn't help much because I believe this is a driver conflict and not a bad CPU.... I think because I didn't uninstall the existing driver and install clean... should i try to do that?

6. axe0 New Member
    The crash is the same, but the cause not.
    The cause is a display driver in your case.
    Driver Reference Table - sgfxk64.sys
    Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck FC, {ffffe000830a574c, 800000003cc009e3, ffffd001a071d5c0, 4} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sgfxk64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sgfxk64.sys Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!RfxVgpuResetCallback+16f ) Followup: MachineOwner[/quote]

axe0, Mar 8, 2016
  7. Installed Intel Driver Update Utility... two drivers found installed, looks like both 32-bit and 64-bit

Attachment 68500

8. axe0 New Member

You need to get your drivers from Lenovo, Ztruker posted a link to the support page for your laptop.

axe0, Mar 8, 2016
  9. Thanks axe0, i'll uninstall driver utility then. Just to test something I rolled the driver back on the Microsoft Basic Adapter, rebooted, went back to device, clicked to update driver, same result as when attempting to install intel driver... BSOD with the same memory error.

10. axe0 New Member
    You updated this driver through device manager or Windows Update or Lenovo?

11. I rolled it back and attempted to update it through Device Manager

12. axe0 New Member
  13. BSOD during display driver install...

restored system to undo everything attempted here. Using ONLY the drivers from Lenovo... any attempt to update or install any display driver causes same BSOD.

I really appreciate everyone's help trying to figure this out.

14. axe0 New Member
    Your current installation is an upgrade I understand from your OP description?
    My suggestion would be to backup your data a.s.a.p. and perform a clean install to see if that improves stability.
    Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

15. Yes, it was an upgrade. After an entire day of dealing with this I concur. Thank you.

Thema:

1. BSOD during display driver install... - Similar Threads - BSOD during display

2. DMA driver verification BSOD during Win install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DMA driver verification BSOD during Win install?: I started getting BSODs due to DMA driver verification errors in Nov 2023. I found out my laptop isn’t compatible with Win 11, so installed Win 10 from a new USB boot disk, and it wiped all my files and started a fresh install.. I got a BSOD during Windows setup! Just as I...
  3. DMA driver verification BSOD during Win install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DMA driver verification BSOD during Win install?: I started getting BSODs due to DMA driver verification errors in Nov 2023. I found out my laptop isn’t compatible with Win 11, so installed Win 10 from a new USB boot disk, and it wiped all my files and started a fresh install.. I got a BSOD during Windows setup! Just as I...
  4. DMA driver verification BSOD during Win install?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD during Windows Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD during Windows Installation: I was facing a lot of BSODs so I decided to clean install windows by deleting all data. While it was resetting, after 100% completion it showed an error Windows could not be installed please restart and when it restarted the laptop faces yet another BSOD. So I fixed it using...
  6. BSODs during Install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSODs during Install: Hi all, https://pcpartpicker.com/user/elprespufferfish/saved/Mc79GX This PC *was* working fine before I went on vacation. After coming back, I was seeing regular BSODs of varying types. I tried reinstalling Windows, and now see BSODs during the installation process itself....
  7. BSOD during WIFI driver installation

BSOD during WIFI driver installation: Hello, I am running into a problem every time i try to install my WIFI driver, i'm using a Dell Inspiron 15 3567 i5-7200U CPU 8GB DDR4 RAM AMD R5 M330 GPU Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD up-to-date BIOS, firmware and drivers running a freshly installed windows 10 1909 and minimal...
  8. Windows BSOD During Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows BSOD During Installation: Purchased second hand PC. Turned on, running Windows 7, no issues, contained lots of personal stuff from previous owner. Decided to wipe and install Win 10. Keep getting BSOD error right when Windows installation begins. I'm able to select all the options to the point when...
  9. BSOD display driver

BSOD display driver: I been having issues with my AMD radeon HD 6670 drivers, I'm using win 10 pro, when ever i try to watch a video or play a game a BSOD occurs after a 1 minute or less but works perfectly fine if im not doing anything. Using the verifier, i found out that atikmpag.sys...
  10. "amdkmafd.sys" "0xc000007b" BSOD during install of AMD drivers

"amdkmafd.sys" "0xc000007b" BSOD during install of AMD drivers: The following was displayed in 'Automatic Repair' on startup: "The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors" "amdkmafd.sys" "0xc000007b" I had installed the new windows 10 anniversary update (1607) and after...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod and display adaptor

2. dxgkrnl.sys bsod win 10 during driver install