Windows 10: BSOD During gameplay

Discus and support BSOD During gameplay in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, Got a bit of a head-scratcher. The problems began with the Spring 1803 update. Frequent BSODs of different varieties during boot, after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Benjamin Collins, Jun 26, 2018.

1. BSOD During gameplay

Hello all,
    Got a bit of a head-scratcher. The problems began with the Spring 1803 update. Frequent BSODs of different varieties during boot, after boot, you name it. Tried everything, sfc /scannow, memcheck, update drivers, etc. No joy. Finally wiped and started over with a clean Win 10 install. (formatted drive and installed from recovery drive)

Now I can run most things (dont have everything reinstalled yet) without interruption but the one thing that will kill it for sure is Rome Total War 2 after 10 to 30 mins. (haven't tested other games yet)

WhoCrashed gives me the following:
    • crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\062318-9328-01.dmp
    • This was probably caused by the following module:
      • ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x198330)Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000047, 0xFFFFF8001A77E758, 0xFFFFFD0E5D4C3670, 0x0)
    • Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    • company: Microsoft Corporation
    • description: NT Kernel & SystemBug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.
    After digging a bit someone suggested a Driver Verifier run. Got me stuck in a boot loop BSODing out with the following (had to revert to a restore point to get out)
    • crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\062218-8234-01.dmp
      • This was probably caused by the following module: viahduaa.sys (0xFFFFF80D5DBEB78E)Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2000, 0xFFFFF80D5DBEB78E, 0x0, 0x6D437A41)
    • Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
      • file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\viahduaa.sys
    • product: VIA High Definition Audio Driver
    • company: VIA Technologies, Inc.
    • description: VIA High Definition Audio Function DriverBug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: viahduaa.sys (VIA High Definition Audio Function Driver, VIA Technologies, Inc.).Google query: viahduaa.sys VIA Technologies, Inc. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
    Uninstalled and reinstalled VIA drivers I could find but still crashes when in-game. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

System specs:
    Win10Pro: VER 1803 (OS BUILD 17134.112)
    MOBO: m4a79xtd evo
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

Benjamin Collins, Jun 26, 2018
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile BSOD During gameplay :)

cplpro, Jun 26, 2018
  4. axe0 Win User

BSOD During gameplay

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

Hi Groggubus,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSOD During gameplay [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please follow this suggestion for the BSOD
    • Please open BitDefender and go to the modules,
    • Go to the firewall settings,
    • Uncheck 'Block port scans in the network',
    • Reboot your system <-- IMPORTANT

Thema:

BSOD During gameplay

1. BSOD During gameplay - Similar Threads - BSOD During gameplay

2. PC freezes during gameplay or sometimes not even during gameplay. Gives blackscreen...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes during gameplay or sometimes not even during gameplay. Gives blackscreen...: Pretty sure its actually blue screen because found some DMP files in C: Windows/minidump folder. Since im not IT expert i will upload them here hoping someone that can read these find solution for this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION managed to check only one of the dmp files it...
  3. PC freezes during gameplay or sometimes not even during gameplay. Gives blackscreen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes during gameplay or sometimes not even during gameplay. Gives blackscreen...: Pretty sure its actually blue screen because found some DMP files in C: Windows/minidump folder. Since im not IT expert i will upload them here hoping someone that can read these find solution for this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION managed to check only one of the dmp files it...
  4. PC freezes during gameplay or sometimes not even during gameplay. Gives blackscreen...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. crash during gameplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crash during gameplay: Dears i'm playing a game which is using EasyAntiCheat application and i'm alwyas crash after few mints from playing, so after detect the issue from enent veiwer i got these two down below events happend during crash i know that its related to filter manager with the...
  6. crash during gameplay

crash during gameplay: Dears i'm playing a game which is using EasyAntiCheat application and i'm alwyas crash after few mints from playing, so after detect the issue from enent veiwer i got these two down below events happend during crash i know that its related to filter manager with the...
  7. BSODs due to IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL constantly occurring during gameplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs due to IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL constantly occurring during gameplay: Hello,Recently, I have been getting BSODs when I play certain games, arguably ones that are more graphics and processing intensive GTA V. The reason for each BSOD is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and after doing some searching, I'm told its either a corrupted file, driver, or memory...
  8. BSODs due to IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL constantly occurring during gameplay

BSODs due to IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL constantly occurring during gameplay: Hello,Recently, I have been getting BSODs when I play certain games, arguably ones that are more graphics and processing intensive GTA V. The reason for each BSOD is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and after doing some searching, I'm told its either a corrupted file, driver, or memory...
  9. BSODs due to IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL constantly occurring during gameplay

10. daily BSOD during normal windows use (not gameplay)

daily BSOD during normal windows use (not gameplay): I get a BSOD on my computer (my 2nd system), almost every day once or twice.. It seems to happen randomly. Usually during "normal" windows use, while using office applications, or wniodws explorer. Not during gameplay. Today, I got three BSOD. I was using Citrix and google...