Windows 10: BSOD during idle after upgrade to windows 10 from Windows 8

Discus and support BSOD during idle after upgrade to windows 10 from Windows 8 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 8, i've been experiencing intermittent BSODs, where some days it would boot fine and randomly on the next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jamesyang2000, Nov 13, 2015.

1. BSOD during idle after upgrade to windows 10 from Windows 8

After upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 8, i've been experiencing intermittent BSODs, where some days it would boot fine and randomly on the next day, for example, it would boot and after probably loading up something incompatible it would BSOD, and gives me an error message saying PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA (CPUZ138.exe x64.sys). I have the attachment required for diagnosis and i can provide most details required but this issue is really getting under my skin. Again this issue does not occur every time i boot so i really dont know what it could be. And i have already uninstalled CPUZ which probably wasnt the issue.

:)

jamesyang2000, Nov 13, 2015
  2. magnarch Win User

BSOD after each start

Hi Deepak,

thanks for responding.

The BSOD did not happen during the Windows 10 upgrade nor after an update has been installed.

My Windows is up to date and there is no new hardware installed since I first bought it.

Originally I bought it with a Windows 8 OEM, the BSODs happened on Windows 8, 8.1 as well. I eventually upgraded to 10, but the issue remained the same.

Hope this is enough information, please let me know if you need more.

Kind regards,

Gabor

magnarch, Nov 13, 2015
  3. Upgrading, downgrading, and reupgrading.

So, let's say (hypothetically) that i upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10 during the free upgrade period. Then after the free upgrade period I downgraded back down to windows 8, but then decided to re-upgrade to windows 10 after the free upgrade period.
    Could I reupgrade to Windows 10 after the free upgrade period because I already did the upgrade during the free upgrade period?

MaximooseMine, Nov 13, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD during idle after upgrade to windows 10 from Windows 8

Recommended to remove Gigabyte and ASUS software, both are known for causing BSOD's.

Is CPU-Z installed or speccy?
    Both are using this driver that has been flagged, if you use either of them I suggest you update them.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for cpuz138_x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cpuz138_x64.sys 5: kd> lmvm cpuz138_x64 start end module name fffff800`d1000000 fffff800`d100a000 cpuz138_x64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: cpuz138_x64.sys Image path: \??\C:\Users\EATMYT~1\AppData\Local\Temp\cpuz138\cpuz138_x64.sys Image name: cpuz138_x64.sys Timestamp: Tue Oct 21 16:36:10 2014 (54466F5A) CheckSum: 0000EE25 ImageSize: 0000A000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

Thema:

BSOD during idle after upgrade to windows 10 from Windows 8

1. BSOD during idle after upgrade to windows 10 from Windows 8 - Similar Threads - BSOD during idle

2. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.: I have an older Laptop that I use for travel. It was my wife's old laptop. It crashed ad I had reload then it became available. OEM disks after replacing the hard drive. Now it's running 8.1. I had previously upgraded it to Widows 10 when available. It I just bought a new...
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.: I have an older Laptop that I use for travel. It was my wife's old laptop. It crashed ad I had reload then it became available. OEM disks after replacing the hard drive. Now it's running 8.1. I had previously upgraded it to Widows 10 when available. It I just bought a new...
  4. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 BSOD after idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD after idle: ACER Aspire A515-54G Get BSOD with message SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION or CRITICAL PROCESS DIED. Only happens when I leave my laptop idle and after I want to use it again. I ran an SFC scan and I tried doing one with virus and threat protection scan, but it is not available, a...
  6. Window 10 upgrade from 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 upgrade from 8: Can I upgrade direct from 8 to 10 I have tried updating to 8.1 but it is continually failing attached is a copy of my specs on this laptop Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-upgrade-from-8/b95452fa-dbf9-4d06-bcbe-60d52335c15a
  7. Window 10 upgrade from 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 upgrade from 8: Can I upgrade direct from 8 to 10 I have tried updating to 8.1 but it is continually failing attached is a copy of my specs on this laptop Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-upgrade-from-8/b95452fa-dbf9-4d06-bcbe-60d52335c15a
  8. upgrading to Windows 10 from 8

upgrading to Windows 10 from 8: Hello, So I finally upgraded my dads windows 8 laptop to windows 10 because he's a stubborn old man who wouldnt do it when it was free.. That windows 8 version had face recognition password that he used to log in and cant remember the password he used to create that log...
  9. Windows 10 BSOD during upgrade from Windows 8 Pro 32-Bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD during upgrade from Windows 8 Pro 32-Bit: Several attempts to upgrade windows 8 to 10. Always fails at 75% during configuration. Reverts back to Windows 8.1 error log and chap-childrens2 attached 28000
  10. Windows 10 Key after upgrading from Windows 8

Windows 10 Key after upgrading from Windows 8: I have been subscribed to the insider preview and had all the builds of Win 10 as they have been released when Win 10 went RTM I unsubscribed and installed Win 8 Pro and registered using my legit Win 8 Pro key afterwards I upgraded to Win 10 RTM from Microsoft updates and...