Windows 10: BSOD during intensive system usage, for more than 1 hour

Discus and support BSOD during intensive system usage, for more than 1 hour in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I have got many BSOD's recently while using my system intensively for multiple hours, for example when playing Overwatch or any other game that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lantha, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Lantha Win User

BSOD during intensive system usage, for more than 1 hour

Hi

I have got many BSOD's recently while using my system intensively for multiple hours, for example when playing Overwatch or any other game that uses my CPU, GPU, and RAM intensively.

The games are running fine, no lag, no sign of system error, but suddenly, after 1h to 3h, my computer freezes.
    The last image it processed stays on screen for approximately 5 sec and during that time my computers produces a sound which is a fast paced repetition of the last sound it produced before freezing (the sound output doesn't switch to the speakers when I use headphones). Then the sound stops and a BSOD shows up with the error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

Using CPUID HWMonitor, I've already checked the temperatures when the system freezes (I can see them during the 5 sec before the BSOD shows up when I have HWMonitor opened and visible on my secondary monitor)
    (note : I use my laptop's screen as a secondary monitor, my main monitor being an external monitor connected trough HDMI)
    (note 2 : both monitors show their last processed image for 5 seconds, then the one connected trough HDMI goes black (no signal) and my laptop's screen shows the BSOD)

I must say that I have modified my EFI recently for Android dual boot (Phoenix OS and Remix OS)

I've also used BOINC recently. It's Open-source software for volunteer computing. But since I've got the BSOD's, I didn't run it anymore as it might be the cause of theses BSOD's by "wearing out" my hardware too rapidly (even if my laptop is only 1 and a half year old) (btw, it could be a "tool" to stress my cpu and gpu to achieve the troubleshooting *Smile )

The DM Log Collector file is attached as well as a WhoCrashed report and a BlueScreenView report.

Thanks in advance for your help,

:)

Lantha, Jan 1, 2018
  2. grapehut Win User

BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

But i never got BSOD during a Stresstest duration around 1 Hour

grapehut, Jan 1, 2018
  3. Nokia Lumia 800... battery on gaming mode

It's probably normal.

Battery usage during gaming entirely depends on the game. Games that are graphically complex, processor intensive or full of bright colours will naturally use more power than games that are less demanding or darker. Games with adverts or those that require
    network connection have also been shown to use more power.

So that being the case it's impossible to say how long your battery should last during games. If you feel it isn't acceptable you should visit a Nokia Care Point and ask them to check the phone over.

Kundensupport | Nokia Phones

psychomania---01, Jan 1, 2018
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Lantha,

Welcome to 10Forums

Each crash looks to be caused by the GlassWire drivers, check if there are software updates.
    Code: 2: kd> lmvm gwdrv Browse full module list start end module name fffff804`6eb50000 fffff804`6eb5d000 gwdrv T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: gwdrv.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\gwdrv.sys Image name: gwdrv.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Fri May 29 06:15:40 2015 (5567E7EC) CheckSum: 00012747 ImageSize: 0000D000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

axe0, Jan 1, 2018
  5. Lantha Win User
    Thank you for this quick answer.
    I've searched for "gwdrv causing dpc_watchdog_violation" on google and I saw at least 2 unsolved threads on glasswire's forums about this issue.
    I don't have the latest version of GlassWire but I am just one version away from the latest one and I didn't see any reference about a fix they would have made regarding this issue in their changelog. ( GlassWire Software Version Changes List )
    So, I've uninstalled GlassWire, I checked if the driver was removed correctly and it was.
    I'll keep you up to date and let's hope that next time I come here, I'll also click the "mark as solved" button *Smile.

I've just a question : in which file did you find this crash info and if it is in a dump file, which program do you use to read it ? (because I tried open it like a text file and it didn't work (that was to be expected *Wink))

Thanks

Lantha, Jan 1, 2018
  6. Lantha Win User
    Hi again,
    I had no BSOD since 3 days so I think it's safe to say that the problem is solved (by uninstalling GlassWire). I marked the thread as solved *Smile
    Thanks again *Biggrin
    I'll come back here when the GlassWire developers solve the problem, to share the good news. (and I hope it will be ASAP; I already sent them a message)
    ps : WinDBG got a new fan

Lantha, Jan 4, 2018
  7. axe0 New Member
    I would also recommend to have a look at Windbg Preview in the Windows Store, it offers a lot more options *Smile

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD during intensive system usage, for more than 1 hour - Similar Threads - BSOD during intensive

2. My system stuck on working on update at 19% from more than 1 hour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My system stuck on working on update at 19% from more than 1 hour: My system stuck on working on update at 19% from more than 1 hour https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-stuck-on-working-on-update-at-19-from/ec540592-a2ef-497e-b1aa-ccd9eb9f3d61
  3. My system stuck on working on update at 19% from more than 1 hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My system stuck on working on update at 19% from more than 1 hour: My system stuck on working on update at 19% from more than 1 hour https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-stuck-on-working-on-update-at-19-from/ec540592-a2ef-497e-b1aa-ccd9eb9f3d61
  4. More than 1 sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    More than 1 sign in: I have windows 10. I have had only one microsoft account that is an auto sign in and I don't remember what the old password was. Now I have a another account that I want to be separate from the first one. When signing in, there is the date and time page; then there is the...
  5. Battery 0% But PC Running for more than 1 hour post that

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery 0% But PC Running for more than 1 hour post that: Hi, I use Dell Inspiron. My system shuts down saying low battery 4% and hence when i turn it on again tresspassing all notifications which mention "Battery Low". I still used my laptop around 1 hour. Even In by BIOS : It shows Health of Battery Is good. I opened my...
  6. System restore have been running for more than 2 hours

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore have been running for more than 2 hours: I had problems with my Microsoft outlook. The signature in the outlook was unresponsive, I then by accident uninstalled the Microsoft Office and tried to fix the problem by doing a system restore. The system restore point was selected and everything run smoothly, but now its...
  7. System restore have been running for more than 2 hours

in Windows 10 Support
    System restore have been running for more than 2 hours: I had problems with my Microsoft outlook. The signature in the outlook was unresponsive, I then by accident uninstalled the Microsoft Office and tried to fix the problem by doing a system restore. The system restore point was selected and everything run smoothly, but now its...
  8. Data Usage for more than a month

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Usage for more than a month: Hi , How can I see my network data usage for more than a month under "Settings>>Netwok&Internet>>DataUsage" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/data-usage-for-more-than-a-month/20df901d-e853-4cd0-8658-aa47db60dd71
  9. scanning more than 1 document

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scanning more than 1 document: I have a PIXMA MG5520 Scanner and I'd like to know how to put 2 or more scanned documents in 1 file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/scanning-more-than-1-document/dc0d4ef8-f066-4eca-b052-c52b8c09d687
  10. System restarts during graphically intensive games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System restarts during graphically intensive games: Recently my PC has been restarting after around an hour, when playing any graphically intensive games.-It has never crashed when just using the internet, idle etc. Only when playing games has it happened.-I have tested the RAM, CPU, GPU using benchmarking and HDD is an SSD.-I...