Windows 10: BSOD during WIFI driver installation

Discus and support BSOD during WIFI driver installation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am running into a problem every time i try to install my WIFI driver, i'm using a Dell Inspiron 15 3567 i5-7200U CPU 8GB DDR4 RAM AMD R5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ezz el din, Feb 1, 2020.

1. BSOD during WIFI driver installation

Hello,

I am running into a problem every time i try to install my WIFI driver, i'm using a Dell Inspiron 15 3567 i5-7200U CPU 8GB DDR4 RAM AMD R5 M330 GPU Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD up-to-date BIOS, firmware and drivers running a freshly installed windows 10 1909 and minimal programs installed.

Now when i try to install the newest WIFI driver which is a QUALCOMM ATHEROS 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.1 that i have downloaded from Dell's website i always get BSOD even when i try to install an older version of the driver WIFI and Bluetooth are working fine.

Now i have tried most common troubleshooting like windows memory diagnostic, disk checker and system file checker all went well but still i can fix my problem.

So can anyone tell me what can i do to fix this issue.

Thanks,

:)

ezz el din, Feb 1, 2020
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD during WIFI driver installation [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Feb 1, 2020
  3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile BSOD during WIFI driver installation :)

cplpro, Feb 1, 2020
  4. trickson Win User

BSOD during WIFI driver installation

7 different BSoD

First off this is what I went through once I installed them 11.1 drivers . BSOD till I had to reinstall the OS .
    It seems that some maybe missing the point here this STARTED for you after you installed the 11.1 drivers and then as it would seem you are getting them after a clean install of the old drivers . Correct ? If so have you wiped the HDD and did a clean install of the OS ?
    If not then I would do this before thinking your cards are going out .

trickson, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

BSOD during WIFI driver installation

1. BSOD during WIFI driver installation - Similar Threads - BSOD during WIFI

2. DMA driver verification BSOD during Win install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DMA driver verification BSOD during Win install?: I started getting BSODs due to DMA driver verification errors in Nov 2023. I found out my laptop isn’t compatible with Win 11, so installed Win 10 from a new USB boot disk, and it wiped all my files and started a fresh install.. I got a BSOD during Windows setup! Just as I...
  3. DMA driver verification BSOD during Win install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DMA driver verification BSOD during Win install?: I started getting BSODs due to DMA driver verification errors in Nov 2023. I found out my laptop isn’t compatible with Win 11, so installed Win 10 from a new USB boot disk, and it wiped all my files and started a fresh install.. I got a BSOD during Windows setup! Just as I...
  4. DMA driver verification BSOD during Win install?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD during Windows Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD during Windows Installation: I was facing a lot of BSODs so I decided to clean install windows by deleting all data. While it was resetting, after 100% completion it showed an error Windows could not be installed please restart and when it restarted the laptop faces yet another BSOD. So I fixed it using...
  6. BSODs during Install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSODs during Install: Hi all, https://pcpartpicker.com/user/elprespufferfish/saved/Mc79GX This PC *was* working fine before I went on vacation. After coming back, I was seeing regular BSODs of varying types. I tried reinstalling Windows, and now see BSODs during the installation process itself....
  7. wifi driver installation.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi driver installation.: Device PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B723&SUBSYS_804C103C&REV_00\4&1b0178be&0&00E5 requires further installation. i have updated the driver and all up to date but still get response above ...any ideas? its affecting internet wifi speed pick up , its very slow. what further nistallation...
  8. Windows BSOD During Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows BSOD During Installation: Purchased second hand PC. Turned on, running Windows 7, no issues, contained lots of personal stuff from previous owner. Decided to wipe and install Win 10. Keep getting BSOD error right when Windows installation begins. I'm able to select all the options to the point when...
  9. "amdkmafd.sys" "0xc000007b" BSOD during install of AMD drivers

"amdkmafd.sys" "0xc000007b" BSOD during install of AMD drivers: The following was displayed in 'Automatic Repair' on startup: "The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors" "amdkmafd.sys" "0xc000007b" I had installed the new windows 10 anniversary update (1607) and after...
  10. BSOD during display driver install...

BSOD during display driver install...: Lenovo Laptop T530 (I5-3210M 2.5G 4GB 500GB 15.6IN DVDRW W10P 64BIT) - upgraded from Windows 7 Pro 64-bit to Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit. This is one of three identical laptops in my office (other two are still on Win7). No external displays being recognized through VGA display...