Windows 10: BSOD during Win10 Install on new build

Discus and support BSOD during Win10 Install on new build in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey there, I finished my new PC and am trying to use the media creation tool to install windows 10, however during the installation process usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Foxxington, Jan 18, 2023.

1. BSOD during Win10 Install on new build

Hey there, I finished my new PC and am trying to use the media creation tool to install windows 10, however during the installation process usually early on after copying files I get a BSOD and my system restarts. I can get into the Bios and all my components are shown there. the error code is either "IRQL not less or equal" or "lock watchdog timeout".I sadly, have no idea where to even start troubleshooting this. extensive googling this issue only shows that this can be anything, so I really don't know what to do. Component List:CPU: Ryzen 5800xGPU: Radeon 6700xtRAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance

:)

Foxxington, Jan 18, 2023
  2. CheriBomb Win User

BSOD while doing a fresh install of win10 on new HD and MB

Hi. I'm hoping someone can help me. Building a new PC (not my first one) and I am having major issues.
    Specs:
    New MSI B250 gaming M3 motherboard
    MB Bios ver 7A62v36
    New Intel I7-6700 CPU
    New case
    New 2x8 Pacific Sun (Micron) RAM

Put the thing together and it worked great on a HD that was used in the previous PC. Once booted for the first time, updated all drivers and it worked great for the first two weeks. After that, it started doing the BSOD constantly. Updated the MSI BIOS with the latest which did not help. Removed previously used HD and replaced it with the New HD. Can't even install Win10 from ISO on flash. Used Rufus and created a new bootable usb using UEFI for Win10 and it still will not install and it continuously either Blue Screens or just freezes in the middle of the fresh win10 install while merely "Getting files ready" message is displayed (step 2 in the install process).

Any suggestions with motherboard settings, etc.? And yes, fast boot is disabled. I'm at wits end on this one.

Thanks!

CheriBomb, Jan 18, 2023
  3. BarbaricSoul, Jan 18, 2023
  4. BSOD during Win10 Install on new build

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 18, 2023
Thema:

BSOD during Win10 Install on new build

1. BSOD during Win10 Install on new build - Similar Threads - BSOD during Win10

2. BSOD during Win10 Install on new build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD during Win10 Install on new build: Hey there, I finished my new PC and am trying to use the media creation tool to install windows 10, however during the installation process usually early on after copying files I get a BSOD and my system restarts. I can get into the Bios and all my components are shown there....
  3. BSOD during Win10 Install on new build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD during Win10 Install on new build: Hey there, I finished my new PC and am trying to use the media creation tool to install windows 10, however during the installation process usually early on after copying files I get a BSOD and my system restarts. I can get into the Bios and all my components are shown there....
  4. Several BSOD during Win10 installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Several BSOD during Win10 installation: Hello everyone, I'm sorry to bother you, but I really need urgent help. Some weeks ago, I had an issue with my pc and jumped back to an earlier installation, since then I started to receive blue screens, today I decided to make a clean, new windows10 install. Unfortunately I...
  5. BSOD on new Win10 install

BSOD on new Win10 install: I have been getting continuous BSODs after a clean install on windows 10. Mostly IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL or DRIVER_IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL but also some other kinds. I have tried installing all I think... the drivers, but am still having issues. I thought it might be a RAM...
  6. Can’t install win10 on new build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t install win10 on new build: Hi all, i bought new components to upgrade my current rig. I can’t complete the Win10 setup. Please HELP! i have disconnected most peripheral components and running under this config: 700w PS, Corsair 1 SSD drive 512gig Samsung pro 1 WD drive 2TB; test HD in case SSD is...
  7. BSOD on a New Build PC During Windows 10 Installation

BSOD on a New Build PC During Windows 10 Installation: I just bought a brand new build PC. Whenever I try to install Windows 10 with a USB drive, it basically can't boot that installation progress. I choose the UEFI option to boot my USB, then ASUS logo and sometimes Windows logo appear with loading icon below starting to spin...
  8. Frequent different BSOD errors after installing win10 on new build

Frequent different BSOD errors after installing win10 on new build: Hi guys, I have recently finished my first build and powered it up, installed windows to my SSD and downloaded most of the drivers/Ultility from Gigabyte’s website for my mobo. However I am getting very frequent BSOD errors with differeing texts. For example some were...
  9. BSOD on new Win10 install

BSOD on new Win10 install: Hi, I was getting BSODs on a Win10 upgrade installation every time I run DOTA; sometimes it would take 2 minutes, sometimes it would take 10minutes. It would also rarely crash randomly when I left the PC on after web browsing. Pretty much it would crash every time I use it....
  10. Installing Win10 to a new build PC using 'existing' Win10

Installing Win10 to a new build PC using 'existing' Win10: Hi. I've finally allowed my Win7 to be upgraded to Win10. I built my PC myself and may build another in the future which is why I've downloaded the Media Creation Tool. I was about to make a start when I got this message (see pic). Can anyone tell me if I'll have...