Windows 10: [BSOD] dxgkrnl-fatal-error *only* when plugging in external monitor

Discus and support [BSOD] dxgkrnl-fatal-error *only* when plugging in external monitor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows Home 10 Single Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1052) Hi there. Really appreciate any help / insight anyone can give me as up until yesterday was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nedvert, Jul 2, 2021.

1. nedvert Win User

[BSOD] dxgkrnl-fatal-error *only* when plugging in external monitor

Windows Home 10 Single Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1052) Hi there. Really appreciate any help / insight anyone can give me as up until yesterday was thinking this was just a hardware issue as I have done a lot of troubleshooting already but not the best at looking at logs and figuring out techy stuff. Will note the important notes/actions below. As per title, the error is always the same, and always will happen when I try to plug in a monitor. It actually will happen even without a monitor but as long as it "senses" cable or TV or whatever and tries to load it. Up until yesterday it would do just this pretty much right away although today a few times it "detected" the monitor before crashing out to the above error. There was one time when the system actually recovered, but then the NVIDIA driver system seemed to have failed as it no longer would detect it in my system forcing a reboot anyway. I will note that I also attempted to use a mini display adapter and tried it on that port and the error happened exactly as it would on the HDMI port. This occurred under normal operation on June 29th, and had never happened before. Was just roaming around in the game (World of Warcraft) and suddenly the monitor de-synched and wouldn't reconnect and then when I rebooted with the monitor plugged in, it gave the initial (but not last lol) BSOD error above I had some other occasional BSOD but not this one and never like this. I did update my drivers for NVIDIA previously about a week before to their latest 471.77 however it had been operating fine for days. The only really new thing I can think of was I had been playing the "new" patch for World of Warcraft for a few hours I suppose when this occurred. Most likely unrelated. I have tried reinstalling with DDU fresh, reverting back tot he 466.77 drivers, disabling the drivers as well as removing / stopping start up services to see if something was conflicting. I manually tried to install the Microsoft direct x files and did memory test, scan , fix hard disk options all recommended online and nothing seems to have helped so far. I checked some old threads with similar issues but can't find any NVidia streaming service on my system going on. I also installed some intel drivers that were apparently out of date on my system, but don't think it's related/relevant. I did some stress tests with OCCT and the system never seemed to crash despite high temperatures; I blew out all the dust; this laptop has always ran around 80degrees Celsius so not sure this would have been a factor and of course this error happens on fresh boot even at idle around 45-55 degrees. The Windows troubleshooter never seems to suggest the blue screen one I see online people get so far. Going through the event viewer I can see the crash areas but that is where I might some help interpreting but i do see where it ends up crashing and there are some things that might be impacting. The only success I have had is when I created a USB boot with puppy Linux and was able to successfully and fully use the external monitor for 20 minutes with no issues on July 1st which is why I am still hanging on to this is a software glitch or corruption despite the circumstances seeming to indicate it might be hardware (sudden, nothing really relevant updated at that time) Tempted to reinstall windows or something but not sure based on reading that this might solve the issue. So any help would be appreciated as I use the monitor always and it's hard to see well on the regular laptop at this point. At the very least will hope to figure out if it's hardware related issue or something I can actually easily fix.

:)

nedvert, Jul 2, 2021

2. VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR

I HAVE A SONY VIO PC. AND FRECUENTLY GET THE THE VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR. MY IMAGE GETS BLUE AND INITIATES A RESTART. HOW CA N I SOLVE THIS..

ReneVarela, Jul 2, 2021
  3. BSOD VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR

Hi Microsoft,

I have an MSI GS43 it has two graphic cards, one nvidia and one intel integrated. When I disable the nvidia driver from device manager my laptop work like a charm, no error. When I enable the nVidia driver the problem appear. after a few seconds the blue
    screen appear with the code VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR. My laptop then tries to restart but it gets stuck on the msi logo and will not boot again. I neet to hard shut down and then restart. The windows restarts normally and after 3-4 seconds BSOD again and
    again. I did update my video kard drivers and every suggestion which I've read.

I can also provide mini dump files or whatever it is needed for someone to understand the issue. I also have updated my Windows 10 to 1909.

Thank you,

Zot.

ZoltikaInc, Jul 2, 2021
  4. Ztruker Win User

Random VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR BSODs

All I can tell you is what I see in the dump. Did you try the latest using DDU and not installing PHYSX as you did the driver from the ASUS web site?

[BSOD] dxgkrnl-fatal-error *only* when plugging in external monitor [​IMG]

Ztruker, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

1. [BSOD] dxgkrnl-fatal-error *only* when plugging in external monitor - Similar Threads - BSOD dxgkrnl fatal

2. Video DXGKRNL Fatal Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video DXGKRNL Fatal Error: Hi, I have received the blue screen consistently when playing a game. even when just entering the game. I am unable to share the dump file - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsKbQ2TEZKPRgVVdvoUmD8zr700q?e=I7J5No...
  3. Random BSOD error "video dxgkrnl fatal error"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD error "video dxgkrnl fatal error": it happened when i opened my laptop. I searched up why this bsod happened and it said it occurs after updating windows. I updated windows 10 a few days ago.here is the minidump log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q6_RSGYJuYScqNdwAOBU_5U89ll8XEV_/view?usp=sharing...
  4. Getting "VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR" BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting "VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR" BSOD: Since 1 month my laptop is having BSOD while gaming, the stop code is "VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR". I have uninstalled and reinstalled old and new gpu drivers, reset my windows but the BSOD still occurs. Event viewer shows "The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm...
  5. Getting "VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR" BSOD

Getting "VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR" BSOD: Since 1 month my laptop is having BSOD while gaming, the stop code is "VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR". I have uninstalled and reinstalled old and new gpu drivers, reset my windows but the BSOD still occurs. Event viewer shows "The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm...
  6. Getting "VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR" BSOD

7. BSOD: video dxgkrnl fatal error

BSOD: video dxgkrnl fatal error: Dump file download link: https://mega.nz/file/sNp1TAIJ#OWaIPPh0jDtn7S7ejZPAaD9iJF4T3S-zmQe_l6rtRRMThis happen when I playing the video games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-video-dxgkrnl-fatal-error/8a386a66-1b2c-44cd-8704-d3ce721dd663
  8. BSOD: video dxgkrnl fatal error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: video dxgkrnl fatal error: Dump file download link: https://mega.nz/file/sNp1TAIJ#OWaIPPh0jDtn7S7ejZPAaD9iJF4T3S-zmQe_l6rtRRMThis happen when I playing the video games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-video-dxgkrnl-fatal-error/8a386a66-1b2c-44cd-8704-d3ce721dd663
  9. BSOD: video dxgkrnl fatal error

10. BSOD VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR

BSOD VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR: Hi Microsoft, I have an MSI GS43 it has two graphic cards, one nvidia and one intel integrated. When I disable the nvidia driver from device manager my laptop work like a charm, no error. When I enable the nVidia driver the problem appear. after a few seconds the blue...