Windows 10: Bsod error after attempting to do dell update

Discus and support Bsod error after attempting to do dell update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, After updating to Windows 10 version 2004, I was notified that my dell 2 in 1 had updates from dell so i proceeded to update them through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MatthewZimmerman, May 29, 2020.

1. Bsod error after attempting to do dell update

Hello,

After updating to Windows 10 version 2004, I was notified that my dell 2 in 1 had updates from dell so i proceeded to update them through dell’s support site as i had done the auto detect the the site. However, after downloading both updates, one for realtek audio drivers and another for the intel intergrated sensor hub driver, they would not install and caused a bsod error to occur; SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

multiple times. What am i supoosed to do to fix this and let the updates install as they fix issues with the audio cutting out due to the driver?

:)

MatthewZimmerman, May 29, 2020

2. Webcam Triggering 'Attempted Execute Of No Execute Memory' BSOD - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY Blue Screen of Death error appears when a device driver attempts to execute a program from a non-executable area of the memory. An error in the RAM (Random Access Memory) can also cause this BSOD error.

If you are using a built-in webcam, then, update the webcam driver and check if that helps.

• Press 'Windows key + X' and choose 'Device Manager'.
    • Under 'Imaging devices', right-click on the webcam driver and update the driver.

Also I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 29, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User
    BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, May 29, 2020
  4. Bonn84 Win User

Bsod error after attempting to do dell update

Random BSOD errors

Background

• Whilst only bought recently, my laptop (Dell XPS 9560) has a history with random BSOD errors that tend to increase in frequency with time until the laptop becomes unusable.
    • The laptop was given a fresh format and installation recently.
    • Software installed – Installed Windows 10, Office, Winrar, Adobe Reader, Visual Studio 2015, SQL Server, Chrome, DropBox, Google Backup and Sync
    • Within two weeks it reverted to giving BSOD errors.
    Symptoms

• Random BSOD errors
      • Page fault in non-paged area (NTFS.sys)
      • IRQL not less than or equal
    • Backup and Sync crashes very regularly (no user friendly message, just googledrivesync.exe has stopped working)
    • Chrome crashes quite regularly (ah snap! message). This happened both before and after the format.
    • Windows Update fails
    Things I tried

• Uninstalling and re-installing Chrome and Backup & Sync
    • Downloaded and installed Dell Updates
      • Specifically a BIOS update (installed successfully)
    • Ran Dell Diagnostics (at boot time)
      • No issues found
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Hardware Checkup
      • Succeeded
    • Windows Update
      • In Normal Mode: Message shows up indicating that the system is not up to date. Upon clicking Check for Updates, updates seem to download but then quit abruptly during installation. Same error indicating system is not up to date shows.
      • In Safe Mode: Upon clicking Check for Updates the Windows Update window closes abruptly.
    • sfc /scannow
      • In Normal Mode: Error at 3%: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation
      • In Safe Mode: Ran successfully, no violations found
    • Chkdsk /f c:
      • Ran successfully
    • Windows Memory Diagnostic
      • Succeeded
    • MemTest86 (more advanced memory test)
      • Freezes mid-way (tried twice)
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Drivers and Downloads
      • BIOS update
      • Network driver (Intel 8265) – Failed. Installed separately through device manager.
    • Step #9 seems to have solved some of the issues:
      • Windows update succeeded (#4)
      • Sfc /scannow succeeded in normal mode (#5)
      • BSOD errors persisted though (091317-8562-01.dmp occurred after the update)
    Thing I did not try

• Eliminating hardware (e.g., memory stick)
    • Running Driver verifier

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Bonn84, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Bsod error after attempting to do dell update

1. Bsod error after attempting to do dell update - Similar Threads - Bsod error attempting

2. Continuous Loop after an attempt to reset Dell All-in-One

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continuous Loop after an attempt to reset Dell All-in-One: I have a dell Inspiron 24 that I am attempting to reset. Now that it has finished, it is in a continuous loop of the dell logo popping up once I turn it on. It has be doing this for over 18 hours. Hardware is fine. Unable to enter into safe mode, none of the settings using...
  3. Continuous Loop after an attempt to reset Dell All-in-One

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuous Loop after an attempt to reset Dell All-in-One: I have a dell Inspiron 24 that I am attempting to reset. Now that it has finished, it is in a continuous loop of the dell logo popping up once I turn it on. It has be doing this for over 18 hours. Hardware is fine. Unable to enter into safe mode, none of the settings using...
  4. Continuous Loop after an attempt to reset Dell All-in-One

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Frequent BSOD after multiple attempts to solve

Frequent BSOD after multiple attempts to solve: I recently got a desktop a few days ago and ever since initial set up it has been extremely buggy and just not working as wanted.Ever since set up, I have been receiving multiple blue screens, with many different codes, the most frequent one being:...
  6. BSOD When attempting to update to 2004

BSOD When attempting to update to 2004: Hi, I'm trying to update my 1909 to 2004 but it gets to a certain percentage and then BSOD that says SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, any help on what is causing the issue? My dmp file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqrKHNhdOIMrgSLpT2ALyGVv11BV?e=FyLxz0...
  7. BSOD after Creators Update "Attempted Switch from DPC"

BSOD after Creators Update "Attempted Switch from DPC": System crashes 2-3 times a day, usually when idle. Log Collector files attached. Attachment 133382 83485
  8. Attempted execute of noexecute memory - after Dell BIOS update

Attempted execute of noexecute memory - after Dell BIOS update: Using a Dell Laptop running Windows 10. Never had any BSOD before ever. A few hours ago I clicked on the Dell's automatic updater which was to update the Dell BIOS version. Everything installed fine and the Dell BIOS checker checked the updated Bios installation saying all...
  9. BSOD Error Code 0xc000021a after attempting to install updates

BSOD Error Code 0xc000021a after attempting to install updates: Where do I even start? A client of mine came to me with their HP desktop and were saying it could not boot and restore points were not even working. I thought I would have this worked out in no time. I was wrong. Here is the details for everything: - Error code is...
  10. attempted switch from dcp error after anniversary update ..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    attempted switch from dcp error after anniversary update ..: On my Son,s computer . Before the update I made a image with macrium reflect , updated and the computer will not run , I keep getting a attempted switch from dcp error after anniversary update .. Ideas , thanks . 59717