Windows 10: BSOD Error, anytime, running a program or not Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro 1370

Discus and support BSOD Error, anytime, running a program or not Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro 1370 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get this BSOD about 2-3 times a day when I am running a program or just have a desktop. I deleted the Intel screen driver and it automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mlowery, Oct 29, 2017.

1. mlowery Win User

BSOD Error, anytime, running a program or not Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro 1370

I get this BSOD about 2-3 times a day when I am running a program or just have a desktop. I deleted the Intel screen driver and it automatically reloaded, deleted the Broadcom Wifi driver, and it automatically reloaded, no change. I have been using Windows Defender and recently loaded Malware Bytes with a full scan and no change. I tried rolling back to an earliDMer version but I am blocked from rolling back, no change. Memory checks OK with a memory test. DMP files attached. Any help appreciated. Michael

:)

mlowery, Oct 29, 2017

2. microsoft bluetooth mouse keeps disconnecting on windows 10.

Model Name 80HE

Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro-1370

BFrank2272, Oct 29, 2017
  3. pdomino Win User
    touchpad mouse only working after windows recovery

Tried installing the Synaptics Win 10 drivers?
    Synaptics Win10 drivers

pdomino, Oct 29, 2017
  4. mlowery Win User

Thank you very much for the diagnostic procedure. Will get started and post results.

mlowery, Oct 29, 2017
  5. mlowery Win User
    Hello - Running the diagnostics as best as I am able. Updated the Broadcom Driver as requested. Updated the BIOS. One interesting item - as soon as I posted on Ten Forums, ready to shut down, I got an automatic update, which I did. See attached. It uploaded two new Microsoft updates and reinstalled about 20 programs. Never saw that happen before. Since that update yesterday, I have had no BSOD. The update rebooted 5 times in process and took almost an hour.

So on to the scans. The Health scan had a failure and it wants me to replace the drive. It is an SSD drive and the error report shows no errors. That is the only anomaly found so far. Don't really know what that error means. The SSD hasn't given me any other problems.

About Windows 1607 to 1709, all of the automatic updates have installed so far with no problems, and as far as I know, I am running the current W10 in all aspects.

Can't get the chkdsk /x /f /r to run. I reboot but no evidence it is running. Tried 3 times.

Will continue with the other tests. Thank you very much for your assistance - Michael

mlowery, Oct 29, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063]
    (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk /x /f /r
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
    process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
    checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)

What happened when you entered Y?

zbook, Oct 29, 2017
  7. mlowery Win User
    Yes, that's the message. I typed "Y" and rebooted. Nothing happened. The logo came up, the lock screen came up, I entered the PW and the laptop came up normally. Task manager didn't show anything running.

mlowery, Oct 29, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

Open administrative command prompt and type: chkdsk /scan

Post the results into the thread.

Did it give you the option to reboot?
    It should run the scan after the reboot.

zbook, Oct 30, 2017
  9. mlowery Win User
    I ran the CHKDSK /Scan and attempted again the chkdsk /x /f /r and as you can see, there is no prompt to reboot. Thanks.

mlowery, Oct 30, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    When you can be without the computer for several hours it will run chkdsk /x /f /r upon reboot.
    So when you are ready to perform the command perform the following steps:

1) open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste: chkdsk /x /f /r
    2) Y
    3) shutdown /r /t 00

Instead of step number 3 you could use the power option > restart.

When it runs the chkdsk /x /f /r it will display approximately 10 -15% while it is running the command. This is normal.

What is the age of the drive?
    Is it under warranty?

zbook, Oct 30, 2017
  11. mlowery Win User
    Got the CHKDSK to run and posted the results from the Event Viewer on the thread as a PDF

The SSD drive is almost two years old and most likely out of warranty. Replacing the drive is possible if it needs to be replaced. If there is good evidence to replace the drive, let me know.

It has been more than 24 hours since the last BSOD which may indicate the cause has been fixed, would take 2-3 more days without a BSOD to confirm.

Still have the memtest86+ to run which I will do tomorrow.

Will followup with a "solved" if no other problems found and 2-3 days without a BSOD.

Thanks very much for your help. Michael

mlowery, Oct 30, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    After the RAM results there will be additional studies on the drive.
    There were problems above with the benchmarks and health tests.

HD sentinel has a free or free trial edition and a pay edition.
    Please use the free or free trial edition.
    Run all of the available tests on the drive except the surface scan.
    The tests are by tab and by click on disk.
    Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring: Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring

Test benchmarks using Atto:
    Disk Benchmark Software | ATTO

zbook, Oct 30, 2017
  13. mlowery Win User

Good Morning -

Results attached. Into the second day with no BSOD. Starting the Memtest now. Thanks - Michael

mlowery, Oct 30, 2017
  14. mlowery Win User
    I downloaded and created a boot image of the Memtest86. I checked the BIOS and boot from USB is enabled. I went into the BIOS boot menu and there is only one option listed: Windows Boot Menu. Click on that link and it takes the laptop into normal Windows boot with no opportunity to boot the USB image. Cycled that through numerous times. Just updated the BIOS to latest as you remember. Will look into that issue today.

mlowery, Oct 30, 2017
  15. mlowery Win User
    No BSOD for 48 hours, marked as solved. I will be ready to change out the SSD in the future. Probably it was a bad Broadcom driver. Thanks so very much for your assistance - Michael

mlowery, Oct 31, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD Error, anytime, running a program or not Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro 1370 - Similar Threads - BSOD Error anytime

2. Lenovo Yoga 3 and Windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo Yoga 3 and Windows 10 20H2: Dear Folks, sorry if this has already been solved on another post, but my Lenovo will not work properly anymore no touch screen, no SD card, no USBs, certainly because of Windows 10 20H2I had been refusing and/or reversing the update for months, but now I am stuck with a June...
  3. Lenovo Yoga 3 14 problem with 20H2 update

Lenovo Yoga 3 14 problem with 20H2 update: When updating Windows 10 to version 20H2 the process stops at 61% and ... nothing else happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-yoga-3-14-problem-with-20h2-update/35f03f27-76c4-41fa-b77c-51b3bd017dbe
  4. Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I have an admittedly older Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro laptop that has been working great until I upgraded to Windows 10 20H1 last year when it seemed to start randomly blue screening. In December I upgraded to 20H2 and the problem continued. Blue Screen View always shows caused by...
  5. Bsod for lenovo yoga 510 after update

Bsod for lenovo yoga 510 after update: I have a the lenovo yoga 510 and the problem is after i updated it i came the next day wanting to use it but when u turn it on its gives the lenovo logo first then it gives me the bsod and it automatically gives me the same start up screen with the lenovo logo and under it...
  6. Event 442 Kernel PnP for USB with Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro

Event 442 Kernel PnP for USB with Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro: I have tried updating USB drivers, uninstalling USB controller and devices, and confirmed I have the latest version Bios. But I cannot get the USB driver to successfully migrate. Is this a hardware failure in my laptop?...
  7. synaptics touchpad not working on lenovo yoga 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    synaptics touchpad not working on lenovo yoga 3: I have this problem with my lenovo's yoga 3 pro touchpad that stops working, if i go to device manager there's a I2C HID device with a yellow warning sign, it says device cannot start code 10, when i try to disable device, end then reenable it sometimes it comes back to work...
  8. BSOD on Lenovo Yoga

BSOD on Lenovo Yoga: Hi, I've got a BSOD with two different error messages: Unexpected_Store_Exception, and Critical Process Died. I downloaded the diagnostic tool and the compressed file is attached. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.
  9. WIN10 BSOD on lenovo yoga 920

WIN10 BSOD on lenovo yoga 920: hello all, When my notebook gets off sleep mode, it, almost every times, crashes. It then generates a minidump file. this is the summary from the crash DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by driver : WUDFRd.sys caused by address : WUDFRd.sys+fbf4 crash address :...
  10. BSOD - Lenovo Yoga 3 11

BSOD - Lenovo Yoga 3 11: Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and hope you guys can help me. I constantly get blue screens on my Lenovo Yoga laptop. It started about half a year ago and I tried everything but nothing seems to work. I just recently reinstalled Windows 10 and after getting a BSOD again,...