Windows 10: BSOD error code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

Discus and support BSOD error code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; About every 30 mins or so, I get the BSOD with the error code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER . My drivers appear to be up to date and it gets very annoying when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mop_Head., Aug 7, 2021.

1. Mop_Head. Win User

BSOD error code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

About every 30 mins or so, I get the BSOD with the error code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER . My drivers appear to be up to date and it gets very annoying when i am working on something and my computer just restarts itself. I am not sure what is causing it, please help.

:)

Mop_Head., Aug 7, 2021

2. Reference_By_Pointer

So far none of the suggestions work or are irrelevant to Windows 10 (latest updates included).

Though plagued by frequent (+/- every 3 days) blue screen crashes (BSOD) with the error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and to date none of the suggested fixes able to overcome the problem, I assume that it is insurmountable for Microsoft and will thus just
    have to wait ...

Now and since the latest upgrade/updates were installed, we have begun being hit by BSOD Error REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. None of the attempted solutions here or anywhere else have worked. We have

twice crashed in three hours while working.

This is happening on Dell Inspiron 3537 with 8GB RAM. No new hardware has been added. Is there a solution for this yet or will we have to simply grin and bear it as we have to with the nonpaged area error?

Llewellyn

LlewellynKriel, Aug 7, 2021
  3. Kursah Win User
    BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Aug 7, 2021
  4. BSOD error code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

BSOD error codes HELP!!!!!!

yeah, i did the chkdsk /r and passed it. I was not aware of needing to run sfc at the time as most everything i had found indicated Bad sectors as the cause. The codes are 2 separate codes. The system had had problems posting and the Mobo had previously been replaced. As soon as the Cx received the system he started getting the BSOD errors.

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Aug 7, 2021
Thema:

BSOD error code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

1. BSOD error code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER - Similar Threads - BSOD error code

2. BSOD Stop code 0x00000018 REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Stop code 0x00000018 REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 5502, and I have updated the BIOS, Graphics card, network drivers, and other recommended drivers on the dell driver site. However when I check the logs, it keeps showing stop code 0x00000018 ntkrnlmp.exe. I have tried using the SFC /scannow...
  3. BSOD Stop code 0x00000018 REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Stop code 0x00000018 REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 5502, and I have updated the BIOS, Graphics card, network drivers, and other recommended drivers on the dell driver site. However when I check the logs, it keeps showing stop code 0x00000018 ntkrnlmp.exe. I have tried using the SFC /scannow...
  4. BSOD reference_by_pointer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD reference_by_pointer: My Dell XPS 13 9380 has blue screened about 6 times now, i have an exam on wednesday and i really need some help.i have a folder containing the DMP files and MSinfo output.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AovuQEIc9cWBz2fMLDDqyd6jlZHu?e=ZQY9VSi think anyone can see that now so also let me...
  5. Windows BSOD Stop Code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD Stop Code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: Recently my pc has been crashing with a blue screen error stop code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I have looked into this issue and have tried to update all of my drivers and update to the most recent version of Windows 10. I have also tried removing all hardware accessories,...
  6. Windows BSOD Stop Code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows BSOD Stop Code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: Recently my pc has been crashing with a blue screen error stop code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I have looked into this issue and have tried to update all of my drivers and update to the most recent version of Windows 10. I have also tried removing all hardware accessories,...
  7. Windows BSOD Stop Code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. BSOD "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER"

BSOD "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER": I've been getting some "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD when shutting down/restarting the computer, but other times more rarely it happened randomly.I downloaded "Windbg Preview" to analyze the memory dump and this is the result of the analysis:kd> !analyze...
  9. BSoD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER & SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

BSoD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER & SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Hello, Recently I've been getting quite a lot of bluescreens while playing games and it has become quite a problem for me. Since I'm not really experienced with software issues, I'd like to ask for help with this one. Basically while playing a game it will freeze from time...
  10. REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSOD

REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSOD: Hello, I recently started encountering a "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD after the last Windows 10 update. It happens randomly and I haven't changed any programs on my system so I do not know what the cause would be. I have uploaded both MSInfo and the DMP from the most recent...