Windows 10: BSOD error Critical_process_died - repeatedly and frequently

Discus and support BSOD error Critical_process_died - repeatedly and frequently in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The error mentioned was critical_process_died. Didn't mention a driver. I had another KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR what failed: dxgmms2.sys I'll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeeCandler, Sep 18, 2016.

1. BSOD error Critical_process_died - repeatedly and frequently

The error mentioned was critical_process_died. Didn't mention a driver.

I had another KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
    what failed: dxgmms2.sys

I'll try and get through some more of the scans / checks you suggested today.

LeeCandler, Sep 23, 2016
  2. axe0 New Member

Could you upload a new zip please, there are a few things I need to know about the crash you mentioned.

3. Hi,

Here is the most up to date .zip.

I also had another BSOD error:

UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION
    didn't list a driver.

I have run DM log collector after the new error.

What sort of thing are you looking for in the .zip out of interest?

Lee

LeeCandler, Sep 24, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD error Critical_process_died - repeatedly and frequently

All kinds of problems that may be relevant, though they vary depending on what crash has occured.
    For example, with the 0x7A(Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error) it would be TDR errors or signs of a bad hard drive. A 0x7A is a crash that we see as an indicator of failure of HDD's/SSD's.
    A 0x7A means that data from the pagefile couldn't be transferred into the memory, usually due to I/O errors, sometimes because of a bad seated card (hence TDR errors).
    Going deeper in the I/O errors, the root cause of I/O errors vary a lot from a bad motherboard connection to the cabling, a not up to date system (Windows 7 mainly because of the service pack) to a file system corruption (usually resolved with a chkdsk /r).
    Other causes that are IME a little less occuring, or haven't yet occured, are the memory, virus infection (never seen it happening) and the BIOS.
    The second parameter, the status code, of the 0x7A crash gives almost everything away, when you're familiair with then it is basically some trying and you've found the problem.
    You may want to have a look at this site which provides all the information I've posted and more about the 0x7A bugcheck *Smile

Back to the zip, I cannot find anything related to a BSOD,

5. Hi Mate,

Do you think I should get the connections / cards check to see if any are loose? I have a couple of mates who run an IT company so they'd be able to open the it up and check without frying / breaking anything. I haven't asked them about the BSOD issue yet as I prefer to work through it myself with some guidance and learn what is going on... knowledge is power etc. *Nerd

I was just about to run memtest86 and encountered a Pink SOD... I went into the BIOS to try and find the boot options... failed and came out (without saving any changes) and it did this

Attachment 103377

VIDEO_DRIVER_INIT_FAILURE

I then had another BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED when I was trying to write this post the first time. Should CPD BSODs be showing up in the DM tool zips??

Lee

LeeCandler, Sep 26, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    All BSOD logs should be showing in the DM zip.

Always a good idea *Smile

Thema:

BSOD error Critical_process_died - repeatedly and frequently

1. BSOD error Critical_process_died - repeatedly and frequently - Similar Threads - BSOD error Critical_process_died

2. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED - Repeated.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED - Repeated.: Please see the Dump Logs below:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pQb7gPvtO-QUg7m4qkX2b8g-TP1T7yrI/view?usp=sharing************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit...
  3. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED - Repeated.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED - Repeated.: Please see the Dump Logs below:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pQb7gPvtO-QUg7m4qkX2b8g-TP1T7yrI/view?usp=sharing************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit...
  4. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED - Repeated.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Experiencing frequent BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and No bootable device

Experiencing frequent BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and No bootable device: Like many others reporting BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, I've periodically encountered it and a restart makes it go away. A few days ago, I had the crash on every restart. Some restarts result into the error "No bootable devices found" and so I have to restart again. I've...
  6. Repeated BSOD due to ntoskrnl.exe - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Repeated BSOD due to ntoskrnl.exe - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hi, My Windows 10 Pro Desktop PC has been suffering from constant and repeated BSOD due to the driver "ntoskrnl.exe", with bug check string -CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and bug check code - 0x000000ef All information related to these BSOD were viewed using BlueScreenView...
  7. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Error

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Error: Recently I've been running into an issue after installing a new Samsung 970 EVO V-Nand 1TB M.2 SSD. When playing the game RUST for extended periods of time the computer bluescreens with the error message "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" however the system restarts too quickly after...
  8. BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: My laptop experienced a BSOD with an analysis by "Who Crashed" as follows- On Sat 11/10/2018 2:08:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrpamp.exe...
  9. BSOD Critical_Process_Died frequent crashes upon regular use

BSOD Critical_Process_Died frequent crashes upon regular use: I have had no problems what so ever with this computer running Win 7 Pro for a very long time (2+ years) and when I moved to Win 10 Pro I get these BSOD Critical_Process_Died crashes while browsing the internet using Fire Fox. After the BSOD it will reboot and I can use again...
  10. Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs on Dell XPS 15 9550

Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs on Dell XPS 15 9550: As the title says, I'm getting a bunch of critical process died errors, usually within 30-60 minutes of booting up a game. Sometimes it happens within 15 minutes, and sometimes it's not connected to gaming at all. Would greatly appreciate any help! 35684