Windows 10: BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Discus and support BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop experienced a BSOD with an analysis by "Who Crashed" as follows- On Sat 11/10/2018 2:08:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NGKH5, Nov 11, 2018.

1. NGKH5 Win User

BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

My laptop experienced a BSOD with an analysis by "Who Crashed" as follows-

On Sat 11/10/2018 2:08:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrpamp.exe (nt!PsSetLegoNotifyRoutine+0x46C)
    Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFFFFFA8C97440, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
    Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died.
    There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntkrpamp.exe .
    Google query: ntkrpamp.exe CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Following is a link to my "one drive" BSOD folder with memory.dmp and other files for evaluation:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhtpFas_Rp_hiUvPKtxMgmB-b1B5

Please advise resolution for the said BSOD. Thanx!

:)

NGKH5, Nov 11, 2018

2. Critical_Process_Died BSOD

Hi,

In order to resolve your concern, we suggest that you to follow these steps:

• If you've installed any new apps or devices, uninstall or unplug them and restart your PC.
    • Make sure your PC has the latest updates:
    • Go to the search box.
    • Type Windows Update then Enter.
    • Select Check for updates.
    • In the Settings menu, select Check for updates button.
    • When it's finished, restart your PC.

You may also check this
    link
    for more troubleshooting steps regarding critical_process_died error message.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Hourly BSOD with the error Critical_Process_Died

About every hour I get a BSOD with the error, Critical_Process_Died. The BSOD completes "gathering info" and when it gets to 100% it does not restart. The only processes I have been running are chrome and trying to do malwarebytes scan. I checked the event viewer and every single one of these critical events are listed under Kernel-Power. Does anybody have a solution to this issue that does not include completely backing up my PC?

shivasayian, Nov 11, 2018
  4. BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

BSOD error Critical_process_died - repeatedly and frequently

The error mentioned was critical_process_died. Didn't mention a driver.

I had another KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
    what failed: dxgmms2.sys

I'll try and get through some more of the scans / checks you suggested today.

LeeCandler, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

1. BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED - Similar Threads - BSOD Error CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

2. BSOD error due to ntdll.sys CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD error due to ntdll.sys CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hi, recently over the past few weeks I've been experiencing BSOD due to the following error identified by whocrashed: On Tue 18-08-2020 03:46:39 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\081820-10859-01.dmp This was probably...
  3. Bsod kmode_exception_not_handled and critical_process_died errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod kmode_exception_not_handled and critical_process_died errors: As the title says, I first got a kmode_exeption_not_handled error on Windows 10 most recent version. I reset my PC and then it ran fine for a few minutes. Then it would get the kmode error again. I tried updating my network drivers, one of which was a Realtek Gaming gbe...
  4. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Error

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Error: Recently I've been running into an issue after installing a new Samsung 970 EVO V-Nand 1TB M.2 SSD. When playing the game RUST for extended periods of time the computer bluescreens with the error message "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" however the system restarts too quickly after...
  5. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (BSOD Error Code)

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (BSOD Error Code): Greetings, I am having this problem on a freshly installed Windows 10 Pro. I have also hard reset the BIOS by pulling its battery out for a minute. Sadly, none of these have fixed the problem. I have gathered files for inspection: DMP files archived in a zip file, .NFO file...
  6. BSOD Critical_Process_Died, error code ef

BSOD Critical_Process_Died, error code ef: I have been struggling with this problem for quite some time now and have not found a way to fix it, so far I have tried doing a chkdsk and an sfc /scannow as advised by other sites but unfortunately it hasn't help me much, although I will do them again if need be. The error...
  7. Bsod: Critical_process_died

Bsod: Critical_process_died: The BSOD: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED occurred while playing Spider Solitaire, which is by itself not a critical process. A BSOD was previously posted for this system, but while the system was using an SSD drive. I've returned to the original HDD to avoid the SSD-related BSODs....
  8. Constant bsod error - critical_process_died

Constant bsod error - critical_process_died: I keep getting a bsod error that says "critical_process_died". I don't know too much about bsod errors so I'm not really sure on how to fix this. I've ran the sfc.exe/scannow command and it said it found corrupted files, but couldn't fix them. I then ran the dism...restore...
  9. BSOD error Critical_process_died - repeatedly and frequently

BSOD error Critical_process_died - repeatedly and frequently: Hi, If anyone can help I would really appreciated it, just got this machine and can't really get anything done on it as the keep getting 'critical_process_died' error. It generally happens when streaming or watching media. I have tried the following media players...
  10. Hourly BSOD with the error Critical_Process_Died

Hourly BSOD with the error Critical_Process_Died: About every hour I get a BSOD with the error, Critical_Process_Died. The BSOD completes "gathering info" and when it gets to 100% it does not restart. The only processes I have been running are chrome and trying to do malwarebytes scan. I checked the event viewer and every...