Windows 10: BSOD ERROR: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL - AFD.SYS WINDOWS 10

Discus and support BSOD ERROR: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL - AFD.SYS WINDOWS 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I have been struggling with this for a couple of days now, i am aware that this question has been asked before, and i have read through all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Csaba Gaal, Mar 25, 2020.

1. BSOD ERROR: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL - AFD.SYS WINDOWS 10

Hi Guys,

I have been struggling with this for a couple of days now, i am aware that this question has been asked before, and i have read through all the related articles as well.
    Unfortunately in my case none of the already mentioned methods lead to a fix.

First BSOD happened 03/22 while playing Wow.
    Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 18363
    Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
    Hardware: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., PRIME B350-PLUS
    CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor AMD8664, level: 23
    16 logical processors, active mask: 65535
    RAM: 17111769088 bytes 15.9GB

Last Minidump - 032520-11171-01.zip https://drive.google.com/file/d/19XEd8rDJ2prwjHURDobHFoPczhVusqCY/view?usp=sharing
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\032520-11171-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: afd.sys 0xFFFFF803CB270DE0
    Bugcheck code: 0xD1 0xFFFFD00788ECC188, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF803CB270DE0
    Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\afd.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Ancillary Function Driver for WinSock
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Since the problem first occurred I have checked Memory, HDDs, Updated all my Motherboard, LAN drivers, GPU Drivers.
    All are up to date, no Hardware changes were made...

I am out of ideas, Can someone help?

:)

Csaba Gaal, Mar 25, 2020
  2. ms001123 Win User

Irql less or equal(dxgmms1.sys) BSOD error.

Original title: BSOD

Im getting page fault in nonpage are,irql less or equal(dxgmms1.sys) bsod`s. Can some1 please help me.

ms001123, Mar 25, 2020
  3. BSOD Driver IRQL Not less or equal

I keep getting the BSOD and the error of "BSOD Driver IRQL Not less or equal" What failed: Wdf01000.sys

The dump file and the ini file are here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pi30ogsobiazk5y/AABZAnKBgAWVbBy4uUYCN7c4a?dl=0

I have tried rebooting and updating all the drivers but nothing works. It happens mostly when I run a program called NexRemote but it says it is up to date and it doesn't seem to be a widespread problem.

Any suggestions?

Ed

stardaddyed, Mar 25, 2020
  4. JesseLman Win User

BSOD ERROR: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL - AFD.SYS WINDOWS 10

BSOD - IRQL Not Less or Equal Error

I've been getting BSODs every few days recently with IRQL Not Less or Equal errors. Following the procedures

from this Microsoft Answer
    , I ran Driver Verifier. I got repeated BSODs at that point (with no .sys file listed in the error, unfortunately), and had to restore from a System Restore point to get back into Windows.

My Minidump file is linked here:
    https://rg.to/file/dbb5141b2be49325b51a1a90269ec177/Minidump_022518-9515-01.rar.html

Please let me know if I need to include any other information in order for to diagnose the issue.

Thank you in advance for your help.

JesseLman, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

BSOD ERROR: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL - AFD.SYS WINDOWS 10

1. BSOD ERROR: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL - AFD.SYS WINDOWS 10 - Similar Threads - BSOD ERROR DRIVER

2. BSoD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL: Hello, I had my laptop gives me BSoD several times. Stop Code "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL". I uploaded both drivers list report from DriverView utility and minidump folder at following URI:...
  3. Driver Irql Not Equal Or Less

Driver Irql Not Equal Or Less: Hi, for a while now randomly i receive BSOD that say either Irql not equal or less or Driver irql not equal or less. Every now and then when I receive the BSOD it says What failed: Bridge.sys. This has been going on for months now and no windows update has fixed it....
  4. BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL: 1. I am using version 1909 18363.535 2. I did a fresh last time and got no BSOD, now problem has started again.. Specs: - Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10.0, Build 18363 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202 System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. System...
  5. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error BSOD code

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error BSOD code: i was wondering if i can post my memory dump file here for someone to diagnose? i recently upgrade parts of my computer and it was running fine without any issue for the past month until last night when my pc suddenly started to crash and have a bunch of blue screens....
  6. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL - BSOD ERROR

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL - BSOD ERROR: So, my computer has been crashing from these BSODS ever since I built it. I built it myself and I'm an experienced system builder. I've ran driver verifier and memory tests multiple times and they are having no issues. I'm currently not overclocked and everything is being run...
  7. BSOD IRQL Not less or Equal Error wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD IRQL Not less or Equal Error wdf01000.sys: After installing a Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre I'm getting the above error. It's fine when I'm using the computer. But when I leave for awhile, say an hour or so, and come back I have a BSOD. Not everytime maybe once or twice a day. I'm also getting a...
  8. BSOD IRQL less than or equal to error

BSOD IRQL less than or equal to error: HI, Since upgrading from 8.1 to 10 my PC often blue screens with the IRQL less than or equal to error. It appears to happen more often that not if i have sound playing at the time. I have upgraded all of my drivers to the latest ones and even on the sound card tried...
  9. BSOD irql not less or equal error

BSOD irql not less or equal error: this just popped up after a month. irq not equal and kmode not handled errors. win 10. 8gb ram,fx6300,gtx680.Attachment 104749 62084
  10. Driver IRQL Less or not equal BSOD

Driver IRQL Less or not equal BSOD: I've been getting this BSOD for quite some time now (a few months easy) and I've been slowly sorting through drivers and software trying to find the cause. All I can tell is that it seems to happen most of the time while I'm playing games (though I believe it has happened...