Windows 10: BSOD error KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED After Upgrading Windows 7 to 10

Discus and support BSOD error KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED After Upgrading Windows 7 to 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I upgraded my Windows 7 Home Premium edition last week to Windows 10 but hit BSOD error KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED each time the system is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LawrenceMan, Jul 18, 2020.

1. BSOD error KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED After Upgrading Windows 7 to 10

Hi all,

I upgraded my Windows 7 Home Premium edition last week to Windows 10 but hit BSOD error KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED each time the system is started for a few minutes. There is no indication of driver name after this message, unlike some people who have indicated in their posts.

I did the following after searching Google incl. this forum:
    Uninstalled programs listed in control panel.
    Upgraded drivers in device manager.
    Disabled fast startup.
    Used MSConfig to disable startup of all non-microsoft services, and some microsoft services.
    Scanned RAM and found no errors.
    I am still encountering this error.
    Safe mode w/ network support is OK.

I see a number of minidump *.DMP files under C:\WINDOWS directory. How may I locate precisely which program / driver is causing error?

Thanks and regards,

Lawrence

:)

LawrenceMan, Jul 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 BSOD on startup (SYSTEM EXCEPTION/KMODE EXCEPTION)

Sad to say that after leaving the house for a few hours and switching the computer on I got another BSOD (KMODE EXCEPTION pointing to NETIO.SYS). Every start up program was disabled so looks like I'm back to square one.

DarcyNewling, Jul 18, 2020
  3. HaggisHarris, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

BSOD error KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED After Upgrading Windows 7 to 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

BSOD error KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED After Upgrading Windows 7 to 10

1. BSOD error KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED After Upgrading Windows 7 to 10 - Similar Threads - BSOD error KMODE

2. BSOD error - KMODE EXception not handled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error - KMODE EXception not handled: I'm close to tears - help needed.I've been able to update most of my computers to Win 11 - but not this one, an ASUS PN-51. I've tried close to 20 times but it goes down every time artound 48 pct. I've rund sfc/scannow, dism restorehealth, chkdsk, all drivers update according...
  3. BSOD error - KMODE EXception not handled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD error - KMODE EXception not handled: I'm close to tears - help needed.I've been able to update most of my computers to Win 11 - but not this one, an ASUS PN-51. I've tried close to 20 times but it goes down every time artound 48 pct. I've rund sfc/scannow, dism restorehealth, chkdsk, all drivers update according...
  4. BSOD error - KMODE EXception not handled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Kmode exception not handled BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kmode exception not handled BSOD: I recently got this error when I booted up my laptop and when I rebooted it just went back to the BSOD.Any suggestions on what I can do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kmode-exception-not-handled-bsod/7612e6ab-bbf0-4684-85da-5b89fc36d62f
  6. KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED BSOD

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED BSOD: Hi,After update to 20H2 I'm getting BSOD with the error KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED in random intervals. Drivers seems to be ok and there's no errors or any other failure message.Windows versionEdición Windows 10 ProVersión 20H2Instalado el ‎03/‎05/‎2021Compilación del...
  7. Kmode exception not handled error BSoD!

Kmode exception not handled error BSoD!: Everyday I get the BSoD at some time or another. The only info I can say is that it says Kmode Exception Not Handled. I have been looking on the internet, but I have read that this error is for programmers. Kmode Exception Not Handled bug check has a value of 0x0000001E. This...
  8. BSOD KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

BSOD KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Newly updated to Windows 10 Pro and now getting BSOD KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. System in rebooting shortly after starting up. Any help appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-kmode-exception-not-handled/216bbe33-e5b0-4579-a2ab-a504abb6b632
  9. Kmode exception not handled BSOD

Kmode exception not handled BSOD: Hi, I've been receiving multiple BSODs since recently upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I've tried running sfc /scannow and have updated all the drivers I could find but nothing has worked so far. Have attached the V2 Log, any help would be much appreciated. 161151
  10. KMODE Exception not handle BSOD

KMODE Exception not handle BSOD: So my laptop just experienced BSOD KMODE_Exception_not_handle. I just replaced my old HDD. My old HDD's status was "caution", it had something to do with reallocated sectors count, and I searched it up online then read that it cannot be fixed, replacement of HDD was the only...