Windows 10: BSOD Error: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR , DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE & WatchDog.sys after...

Discus and support BSOD Error: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR , DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE & WatchDog.sys after... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm re-posting my issue.and i wish i will get proper solution. i used to update all of my Driver for my Device using "Driver Booster 6". and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mohammad Mehrab Hossain, Dec 8, 2018.

1. BSOD Error: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR , DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE & WatchDog.sys after...

Hi,

I'm re-posting my issue.and i wish i will get proper solution. i used to update all of my Driver for my Device using "Driver Booster 6". and after update all

of my driver and install "NVIDIA Graphic Driver" i'm getting BSOD. and i download intel and NVIDIA driver from both of their website.and i have

Problem in my event viewer and i can see it.its "PCI Express Root port" Event ID 17.i need a solution this also.and after configure everything of my

laptop its take 7-8 minute to shutting down completely.and confirm me if i need to go to Customer Service Center for WHEA PCI Express Root Port

problem in my Device.and if you can kindly give me a solution about the WHEA problem.

results of the administrative command prompt command :---- https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vISwkLdmhczC1zar-aMUSVHH2bWM0mpq

CBS Log:-- https://drive.google.com/open?id=12k2s8EIIL4X59sUYMd9xiGg8n-YxFJq2

memory dump > if < 1.5 GB the zip and post a share link:---- it do not zipping.always show me access denied with zipping.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.107]
    (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
    For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
    windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
    repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

C:\Windows\system32>

C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk /scan
    The type of the file system is NTFS.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    104192 file records processed.
    File verification completed.
    2523 large file records processed.
    0 bad file records processed.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
    529 reparse records processed.
    148310 index entries processed.
    Index verification completed.
    0 unindexed files scanned.
    0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.
    529 reparse records processed.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    22060 data files processed.
    CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    37239160 USN bytes processed.
    Usn Journal verification completed.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.

136801279 KB total disk space.
    24740100 KB in 79122 files.
    64208 KB in 22061 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    212999 KB in use by the system.
    65536 KB occupied by the log file.
    111783972 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    34200319 total allocation units on disk.
    27945993 allocation units available on disk.

:)

Mohammad Mehrab Hossain, Dec 8, 2018
  2. Knots23 Win User

BSOD when running on battery - driver_power_state_failure

***Merged***

Hello,

Since a few months my laptop - MSI GS60 2PE running Windows 10 Home - started giving BSOD's with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE after a seemingly random time when running on the battery. As I'm using it every day for work,
    I depend on the machine and managed by just plugging it in.

While that works, I know it should be possible to make it work on the battery...

I've recently "reset this pc" using the build in option in Windows 10, after which I installed all "latest" drivers from the MSI site. I also re-installed all programs required to do my job and play some games.

Yesterday, Windows wanted to install the Fall Creators Update: I did. Booting the laptop while unplugged now gave me another BSOD, though with a different message: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR. This seems to point to the Intel HD 4600 or Nvidia
    GTX 870M.

To sum up some other issues I was starting out with...

Syptoms

• When unplugged, a BSOD occurs after a seemingly random time. (driver_power_state_failure)
      • After updating to the fall creators version, it also throws video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error; feels like a coin flip which one it will show.
    • Bluetooth was failing after a couple of minutes, regardless whether I used it or not and whether the laptop was plugged in or not.
    • Shutting down Windows would sometimes just heat up the CPU, make the fan go haywire and do nothing but turning the screen off.

I've tried / did:

• All drivers are up to date. This was verified by using DriverView and manually going over all of the non-Microsoft drivers.
      • This step fixed symptom 2 described above. Next to the latest version there was some patch (or 3 major versions ago) that couldn't be removed by conventional means. The build in troubleshooter actually removed it and bluetooth is now working
        as it should.
      • The HD4600 drivers were removed from the device management and I installed the latest according to the Intel site.
      • DDU was used in safe mode to remove the Nvidia driver and the latest one was installed.
    • BlueScreenViewer shows the minidumps and lots of drivers.
      • The one created when the driver_power_state_failure occurred is useless, as nothing is marked but the ntoskrnl.
      • The one created when the video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error occurred shows ntoskrnl, watchdog and dxgkrnl.
    • A clean boot (disabling all non-Microsoft services and disabling all startup programs) still results in the BSOD.
    • Booting the laptop while plugged in, letting it run for a couple of minutes so everything is started and then unplugging it also seems to work.
      • Yesterday, I unplugged it and could work with it for about 2.5 hours before it called out for power: I doubt the battery is the issue.
      • I was asked to run a battery check (powercfg -energy -output ...) but that doesn't seem to show any issues. (design capacity '55031' Last full
        charge '38556'. The laptop is over three years old.)
    • Starting in safe mode with networking will not result in a BSOD. (At least not within the hour I left it on.)
    • Unchecking 'turn on fast startup' - as suggested in so many posts - in the power settings only causes issues.
      • When unchecked, windows won't shut down properly.
      • When checked, it does shut down normally. This seems to be the
        fix for symptom 3.
    • Running various Windows troubleshooters didn't do much. Only the 'Windows Update' said it had some fixes regarding the database and 'fixed' it.
    • The bios is up to date. (Version E16H2IMS.112)

Any help would be welcome.

Cheers!

PS: yes this post looks a lot like my
    previous post
    , but that was marked answered because a moderator thinks all checks suggested can be performed within three days, next to a daily routine.

Knots23, Dec 8, 2018
  3. DPC Watchdog Violation Windows 10, reboot BSOD loop

Hi,

DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION error may arise due to incorrect or faulty drivers. In order for us to assist you,we suggest to check this forum article by MVP ZigZag3143:

BSOD and fixing them
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Dec 8, 2018
  4. axe0 Win User

BSOD Error: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR , DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE & WatchDog.sys after...

BSOD while using the internet. error (L1C63x64.sys)

Hi trainman81,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.
    1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSOD Error: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR , DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE & WatchDog.sys after... [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

AVG is trying to request data from the internet, which is why the network driver is marked as the cause.
    Code:
    Code:
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for L1C63x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for L1C63x64.sys 0: kd> lmvm L1C63x64 start             end                 module name fffff801`89700000 fffff801`89722000   L1C63x64 T (no symbols)                Loaded symbol image file: L1C63x64.sys     Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\L1C63x64.sys     Image name: L1C63x64.sys     Timestamp:        Mon Apr 01 05:15:17 2013 (5158FBC5)     CheckSum:         000245C4     ImageSize:        00022000     Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    AVG drivers that have been flagged
    Code:
    Code:
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgwfpa.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgwfpa.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgfwd6a.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgfwd6a.sys
    Please uninstall AVG and see if it helps
    Uninstall AVG | AVG
    It is further recommended to check your Qualcomm network driver for updates, its driver is not supported for Windows 10.
    Driver Reference Table - L1C63x64.sys

axe0, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

BSOD Error: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR , DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE & WatchDog.sys after...

1. BSOD Error: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR , DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE & WatchDog.sys after... - Similar Threads - BSOD Error VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

2. BSOD on Windows 11 update, error VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR and DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on Windows 11 update, error VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR and DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hello.I've had a friend come over, and when he picked up my laptop, he installed some Steam games, and at some point had to reboot and accidentally installed the Windows 11 update that I've been holding off.But since then, the laptop has been getting constant bluescreen...
  3. BSOD on Windows 11 update, error VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR and DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on Windows 11 update, error VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR and DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hello.I've had a friend come over, and when he picked up my laptop, he installed some Steam games, and at some point had to reboot and accidentally installed the Windows 11 update that I've been holding off.But since then, the laptop has been getting constant bluescreen...
  4. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE & VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE & VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR BSOD: Hello, i've been having some trouble lately on my personal laptop with bluescreens lately. The bluescreens seem to happen most whenever i'm gaming or doing video-editing.I've used WinDbg to try and analyze some of the bluescreens and below i've listed what i've found.Does...
  5. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE & VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE & VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR BSOD: Hello, i've been having some trouble lately on my personal laptop with bluescreens lately. The bluescreens seem to happen most whenever i'm gaming or doing video-editing.I've used WinDbg to try and analyze some of the bluescreens and below i've listed what i've found.Does...
  6. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR after 2004-OS Build 19041.662 and...

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR after 2004-OS Build 19041.662 and...: I don't have much information but it started happening after the last windows update 2004-OS Build 19041.662 and 20H2-OS Build 19042.662. Here is the link to the dump file. Please look into it....
  7. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: Hi whoever may be reading this; Over the last couple of months, my Asus laptop has intermittently crashed with the blue error screen dozens of times even after trying multiple fixes. I have performed a an in-place upgrade repair, updated all my driver using intel's tool,...
  8. BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) and VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR after update to Windows...

BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) and VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR after update to Windows...: I've been experiencing BSODs with increasing frequency - up to a few times a day - and the occurrences seem to be random: whether idle, under load, on batter power (and battery saver) or on AC power. As far as I can remember, they started after updating to Windows 10 1903....
  9. BSOD Error: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR & DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE after updating to...

BSOD Error: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR & DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE after updating to...: Hi Dear, I'm using "ASUS Vivobook 15 X542UN" Notebook. Previous Day i download windows 10 1809 from Microsoft website and clean install it. After That i download intel driver from intel official website according to my Notebook Processor...
  10. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - tcpip.sys, netwbw02.sys

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - tcpip.sys, netwbw02.sys: Recently I have been getting BSODs every couple of days and sometimes multiple times per day. I used Windbg and !analyze -v to see that tcpip.sys was the culprit, and then !irp on the 4th parameter to see mentions of Netwbw02.sys and vwifibus. I read somewhere that netwbw02...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BSOD Error: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE & WatchDog.sys