Windows 10: BSOD errors causing sudden restarts

Discus and support BSOD errors causing sudden restarts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer is restarting abruptly due to some BSOD. Here are some of the details: Stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL what failed: iaStorAC.sys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnkurYadav3, Oct 6, 2019.

1. BSOD errors causing sudden restarts

My computer is restarting abruptly due to some BSOD. Here are some of the details:

Stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

what failed: iaStorAC.sys

recent DMP files and MSinfo file:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1k-b_2We5XJazyOQaKLE0DvIkjXm6fWkj?usp=sharing

Please help me out here as soon as possible as this is very irritating and causes inconvenience at times.

:)

AnkurYadav3, Oct 6, 2019

2. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Blaine Win User
    What is causing sudden BSODs

In the past week or 2, I've gotten 3 BSODs. This is unusual for my lapotp that's gotten maybe 2 others in it's whole life (around 4 years). All 3 of these errors occurred while I was using the computer doing normal things such as browsing chrome.

1st bsod: kernel security check error
    <br>2nd bsod (~5 days later): kernel security check error
    <br>3rd bsod (~10 days later): unexpected store exception

This is an HP Dv7t-7000 laptop running windows 10 build 1607.

Things that changed in the system before BSODs started occurring:

1. A week or so prior to the first bsod, I upgraded my ram from the stock 8 GB, to 16 GB purchased from here. 1 pass of Memtest86 (6 hrs long) comes up clean.
    2. A few days prior to the first bsod I hooked up this new usb 3 hub. It has been functioning as expected, and one of the kernel security check errors happened while not connected to it.
    3. A week or so prior to the first bsod I took apart the whole laptop to replace the screen which had been broken. After putting it back together it unexpectedly shut off twice within 30 mins of each other and wouldn't come back on until I reseated the ram (old 8-gig sticks at the time). After that there were no more unexpected shut offs and I assumed I had put the ram in poorly or something

Events from the System category of Event Viewer surrounding the last bsod (unexpected store exception):

1. Error ~2 minutes before bsod: "The Delivery Optimization service hung on starting"
    2. Two Informations right before bsod:
      <br>--The access history in hive \??\C:\Users\blain\AppData\Local\Packages\SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_zpdnekdrzrea0\SystemAppData\Helium\User.dat was cleared updating 26 keys and creating 2 modified pages.
      <br>--The access history in hive \??\C:\Users\blain\AppData\Local\Packages\SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_zpdnekdrzrea0\SystemAppData\Helium\UserClasses.dat was cleared updating 14 keys and creating 1 modified pages.
    3. Two identical Errors on startup after bsod:
      <br>--The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
      {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239}
      and APPID
      {316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97}
      to the user BLAINE-WIN-10\blain SID (S-1-5-21-347453058-3377039792-1896365341-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.7.0.14393_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy SID (S-1-15-2-1861897761-1695161497-2927542615-642690995-327840285-2659745135-2630312742). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

UPDATE: 2 days later, another kernel security check error has occored when waking it from sleep mode. Here's the dump file. Worth noting that I tried reseating the ram before rebooting it and it wouldn't post. I reseated it again, and it started working fine.

UPDATE: 9 days after the last BSOD, and still going fine. Maybe reseating the ram fixed it

Blaine, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Msap14 Win User

BSOD errors causing sudden restarts

BSOD Hardware Caused???

they do weird things like that, which all seem like something else is failing.
    One of the worst things to diagnose, they seem to only quit when they want to.

Memtest is a good next step, if you rule out RAM and Power Supply make sure you disconnect all unnecessary peripherals and try to start the system with as little hardware as possible, if it works then, you can narrow down the culprit by trial and error.

the follow was taken from some website:

It's very difficult to determine if a failure is caused by the CPU because many other components can cause the same symptom when they fail.

1. System fails to boot
    2. System re-boots intermittently
    3. General Protection Fault
    4. Illegal Operation
    5. Stop Error, or BSoD (Blue Screen OfDeath)

Actually, CPUs rarely fail, and about the only way to determine if the CPU is causing the failure is to swap it out with a known working CPU of the same type and speed. Since this is difficult, the best bet is to first rule out every other possibility.

Before suspecting the CPU, rule out all the possibilities listed below.

1. The Operating System
    2. A peripheral port device
    3. A bad memory module
    4. The hard disk drive
    5. The power supply
    6. The motherboard

If you have ruled out out all the other possibilities, investigate the items listed below.

1. Overheating
    2. A short circuit
    3. ESD

Msap14, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

BSOD errors causing sudden restarts

1. BSOD errors causing sudden restarts - Similar Threads - BSOD errors causing

2. [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly: Hi,I keep getting BSOD when playing and even when I'm idle but it's so random that sometimes it will BSOD in an hour or sometimes it will take a day for my PC to BSOD.Already tried the steps below:-Re-installed OS 2 times already-Testing RAM sticks I got spare-SFC...
  3. [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly: Hi,I keep getting BSOD when playing and even when I'm idle but it's so random that sometimes it will BSOD in an hour or sometimes it will take a day for my PC to BSOD.Already tried the steps below:-Re-installed OS 2 times already-Testing RAM sticks I got spare-SFC...
  4. [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows at all sudden restarts no BSOD

Windows at all sudden restarts no BSOD: Alright, so I got into this problem for some time and it all started after replacing the old PSU. Whenever I am playing suddenly my pc restarts without giving me an error at all but it reboots after the shutdown. I did the following:I checked the temperature on CPU and GPU,...
  6. Windows at all sudden restarts no BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows at all sudden restarts no BSOD: Alright, so I got into this problem for some time and it all started after replacing the old PSU. Whenever I am playing suddenly my pc restarts without giving me an error at all but it reboots after the shutdown. I did the following:I checked the temperature on CPU and GPU,...
  7. Windows at all sudden restarts no BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Sudden BSOD errors on Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden BSOD errors on Laptop: Hi everyone,I've been having BSOD errors all of a sudden on my laptop Asus ROG Strix GL553VW /i5-6300HQ/8GB RAM/GTX 960MThe BSODs would occur randomly or when gaming with the stop codes 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' and 'DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL', and my dump analysis...
  9. Sudden BSOD, what could be the causing it?

Sudden BSOD, what could be the causing it?: [ATTACH] The BSOD was apparently caused by ntoskrnl.exe. System Info: OS: Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 build: 19042.789 CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 GPU: RTX 3080 Founders Edition Ram: 16GB DDR4 Cl16 3200Mhz Trident Z Royal Motherboard: Asrock x570 Taichi PSU: Corsair RM850x...
  10. Sudden and repetitive BSOD keeps restarting

Sudden and repetitive BSOD keeps restarting: There are times wherein I open my PC and startup starts kinda slow starting from a black screen that takes minutes before my actual desktop loads then i try to do stuff but my screen starts to open BSOD and shows a stop code "REFERENCE OF POINT". I don't know what to do i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. logitech c920 causes bsod crashes