Windows 10: BSOD Errors when PC is Idle. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b

Discus and support BSOD Errors when PC is Idle. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me to pinpoint the reason my system keeps crashing. I found this information in the Memory Dump File:I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mambo87, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Mambo87 Win User

BSOD Errors when PC is Idle. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me to pinpoint the reason my system keeps crashing. I found this information in the Memory Dump File:I've tried:Updating various drivers using Armory CrateRan CPU/GPU Stress Tests without any crashesRan Memory Diagnostic tool and found no issues.It will reliably crash now after about 20 minutes or so idle on the desktop. Can anyone suggest anything else I can try, other than reinstalling windows?Thanks,******************************************************************************** &

:)

Mambo87, Mar 15, 2022

2. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)

I have just got Windows 10 on my PC. It is legitimate as are all of the software I have installed (first day so there are really only the most basic programs). Recently I have been having BSODs with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b) like every 30 mins.

Here are the dumps (the last in the list is the latest one chronologically)

Dropbox - File Deleted

Dropbox - File Deleted

Dropbox - File Deleted

Dropbox - File Deleted

Dropbox - File Deleted

Please advice, what can it be?

Alex-Nigma, Mar 15, 2022
  3. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system with Blue screen errors. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Is Windows 10 pre-installed on your computer/ upgraded from previous operating system?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop with this error messages?
    • Did you make any software/hardware changes to the computer prior to this issue?

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION:

This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics driver’s crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

As it mainly seems to be an issues with the drivers, I suggest you to update all the drivers and also the chipset drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the blue screen occurs.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL:

This Stop error message usually occurs during installation when there was an attempt in kernel mode to touch pageable memory at too high a process
    internal request level (IRQL). Typically, this error occurs when a driver uses an incorrect memory address. Other possible causes of this error include an incompatible device driver, a general hardware problem, or incompatible software.

If you are able to boot the device to desktop, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot the system to Safe Mode with Networking wherein the computer starts with basic drivers and no third party programs. Check if you are still receiving the error message.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode then perform a
    Clean boot to
    check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” to return the computer to a
    Normal startup mode.

Step 3: Follow the below steps to
    place the computer in normal mode

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 15, 2022
  4. Rodgers74 Win User

BSOD: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Have been receiving a BSOD and I am hoping to get it solved. The error was stated as: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. I have completed the steps in the "Driver
    Verification: BSOD
    " article. The link to the files is below:

http://1drv.ms/1ThiztX

Files Contained:

• .dmp (x2
    • MSinfo
    • Speccy System Specs
    Hopefully this can be easily resolved! Thanks for your time.

Rodgers74, Mar 15, 2022
Thema:

1. BSOD Errors when PC is Idle. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b - Similar Threads - BSOD Errors Idle

2. Bugcheck error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bugcheck error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b: Hi, I have built my own PC and since then I am getting BSOD every time I boot up.Setup is:MOBO: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A Gaming WIFI LGA 1700 DDR5 ATX MotherboardGPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics CardCPU: 13th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-13900K...
  3. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b Error: I keep getting random restarts of the computer or c0000005 errror codes. I have already replaced my CPU and my RAM. Any ideas? MinDump belowSYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3bAn exception happened while executing a system service routine.Arguments:Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception...
  4. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b Error

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b Error: I keep getting random restarts of the computer or c0000005 errror codes. I have already replaced my CPU and my RAM. Any ideas? MinDump belowSYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3bAn exception happened while executing a system service routine.Arguments:Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception...
  5. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b: From time to time there are problems with the use of the computer.I attach the .dmp file from latest BSOD.https://1drv.ms/u/s!At0KXqtKyyFliT9N8LUIM86i73cE?e=mygWA8...
  6. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b

BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b: From time to time there are problems with the use of the computer.I attach the .dmp file from latest BSOD.https://1drv.ms/u/s!At0KXqtKyyFliT9N8LUIM86i73cE?e=mygWA8...
  7. BSOD Errors when PC is Idle. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Errors when PC is Idle. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b: Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me to pinpoint the reason my system keeps crashing. I found this information in the Memory Dump File:I've tried:Updating various drivers using Armory CrateRan CPU/GPU Stress Tests without any crashesRan Memory Diagnostic tool and found...
  8. BSOD Errors when PC is Idle. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Errors when PC is Idle. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b: Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me to pinpoint the reason my system keeps crashing. I found this information in the Memory Dump File:I've tried:Updating various drivers using Armory CrateRan CPU/GPU Stress Tests without any crashesRan Memory Diagnostic tool and found...
  9. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b: I had the bright idea of opening a minidump to figure out why my computer is bluescreening and realized I have no clue how to read a minidump. So lo and behold I'm here hoping someone can decipher what my issue is. I haven't installed anything recently, infact, I wiped all my...
  10. BSOD System_Service_Exception (3b)

BSOD System_Service_Exception (3b): Been getting this particular BSOD on a near constant basis when running high'ish memory dependent games. After a fair amount of trying to fix it up with sfc, driver verifier and removing near anything I can think of that caused the bug, based on similar stories I finally...