Windows 10: BSOD even after replacing CPU,motherboard and RAM need help

Discus and support BSOD even after replacing CPU,motherboard and RAM need help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi All, Lately I have been getting a bluescreen errors on my PC - Unexpected kernel mode trap. It mostly happens while launching games / gaming.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vegetakid24, May 2, 2020.

1. BSOD even after replacing CPU,motherboard and RAM need help

Hi All,

Lately I have been getting a bluescreen errors on my PC - Unexpected kernel mode trap.

It mostly happens while launching games / gaming. (FFXIV, League of legends, overwatch, etc) I've tried different games and still get the same issue. My precious PC specs are I7-3770k, 1070 graphics card, 16 GB Ram. 128GB + 512 GB Samsung SSD.

My new pc specs are AMD 3600 Ryzen 5, asus 570 motherboard, ddr4 crucial ballistic gaming ram, 1070 graphics card, 128GB + 512 GB Samsung SSD.

I’ve replaced the cpu,ram, and motherboard and still get the blue screen errors below.

I’m thinking it may either be my PSU / graphics card.

I am unable to open the logs so can someone view them to see what else they tell? Please let me know if there is any other information you require.

https://imgur.com/gallery/e0hIi1U - OLD PC Mem86 test images

Bluescreen view -

https://imgur.com/gallery/xsIWS3L

https://imgur.com/gallery/RsKgxlY

Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/efhod6lrqmpern5/AADVQvXz7NhK-4OVpszdaBxBa?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/19goum35er20k86/043020-8531-01.dmp?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ppqq37q9byntln4/043020-9578-01.dmp?dl=0

submitted by /u/vegetakid24
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vegetakid24, May 2, 2020
  2. andy29uk Win User

Replacing Motherboard/CPU/RAM with OEM Windows

Hi, I am helping a friend with a Dell Optiplex computer which has Windows 8.1 OEM installed. It has been struck by lightning and I need to replace at least the motherboard.

Looking through forum threads here, it looks like if I replace the motherboard with one of the same model, the activation of Windows should be ok. What if I change to a different (compatible) CPU at the same time, would that still be ok? Does the RAM also need
    to be of the same size? The hard drive and other devices would be the same.

andy29uk, May 2, 2020
  3. andy29uk Win User
    Replacing Motherboard/CPU/RAM with OEM Windows

You change the Motherboard you have lost the Product Key.

With Windows 8/8.1 The Product Key on preinstalled Operating Systems (Dell, HP, Acer, etc) is embedded in the BIOS in the Motherboard, so that the lost and/or worn C.O.A. Sticker problem is no more.

Regards.

Sorry about that.

But wait...

"Yes that would be ok as well. You would likely need to contact Microsoft support for help with the activation"

But if 8/8.1 no longer uses stickers - this computer only has a small 'Windows 8' sticker on the back - then there is no other licence information I can give support. So either they will let you replace the motherboard with one of the same type, or not.
    I can get another CPU of the original model if required, meaning the board and the CPU would both be the same type as the original.

My apologies if I have misunderstood.

andy29uk, May 2, 2020
  4. bkkdude57 Win User

BSOD even after replacing CPU,motherboard and RAM need help

Replacement Motherboard and CPU for Windows 10

Hi again,

With reference to my post yesterday about replacing motherboard; My cuurent motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-F2A88X -UP4. If I replace it with the identical motherboard and use the same CPU, will I be able to boot up?

Best regards

bkkdude57, May 2, 2020
Thema:

BSOD even after replacing CPU,motherboard and RAM need help

1. BSOD even after replacing CPU,motherboard and RAM need help - Similar Threads - BSOD replacing CPU

2. I will be upgrading my computer for Christmas replacing the CPU, Motherboard, and RAM....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I will be upgrading my computer for Christmas replacing the CPU, Motherboard, and RAM....: For Christmas I will be upgrading the Motherboard, CPU, and RAM. Will I need to purchase another license for Windows 11 after the upgrade because the system will be with new parts....
  3. I will be upgrading my computer for Christmas replacing the CPU, Motherboard, and RAM....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I will be upgrading my computer for Christmas replacing the CPU, Motherboard, and RAM....: For Christmas I will be upgrading the Motherboard, CPU, and RAM. Will I need to purchase another license for Windows 11 after the upgrade because the system will be with new parts....
  4. Constant BSOD crashes even after replacing RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD crashes even after replacing RAM: Hi all, just up to my head for several months of BSODs, had posted previously and was hinted towards a hardware problem memory issue I went ahead and just replaced my RAM and still had a couple BSODs.Here are the minidumps post-RAM installation:...
  5. Constant BSOD crashes even after replacing RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD crashes even after replacing RAM: Hi all, just up to my head for several months of BSODs, had posted previously and was hinted towards a hardware problem memory issue I went ahead and just replaced my RAM and still had a couple BSODs.Here are the minidumps post-RAM installation:...
  6. Constant BSOD crashes even after replacing RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD after CPU and motherboard upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after CPU and motherboard upgrade: I just finished upgrading my pc from a b450-f gaming and ryzen 5 2600 to a b550-f gaming and ryzen 5 5600x. Whenever I try to boot, though, I keep getting “system thread exception not handled.” Any help would be really appreciated!...
  8. No activation after motherboard &CPU replacement.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No activation after motherboard &CPU replacement.: Split from this thread.This PC is running an activated Windows 10. I have replaced the motherboard & CPU NOT the hard disk with the activated software and system now tells me it needs activating - and no error code is produced by the system. The inability to communicate...
  9. Replacing motherboard, cpu and ram, transferring Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replacing motherboard, cpu and ram, transferring Windows 10: I hope someone can provide me with the some guidance. The scenario is this: I'm updating the mobo, cpu and ram in my PC to AMD Ryzen 2700X and a Gigabyte x470. All the other components including the hard drive will be the same. I'll be reformatting the hard drive and...
  10. BSOD after replacing motherboard and processor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after replacing motherboard and processor: Three months ago I replaced the motherboard and processor on my computerFor the 2 months, I've been having daily BSOD issues (sometimes twice a day, lately more often), which almost always occur when gaming with multiple programs/windows open, but has also occurred a couple...