Windows 10: BSOD even after Windows 10 reset, 0x000000e

Discus and support BSOD even after Windows 10 reset, 0x000000e in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; (Note: I've also posted my question to the microsoft forums because I'm really desperate at this point). Windows Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DownRoad, Feb 7, 2020.

1. DownRoad Win User

BSOD even after Windows 10 reset, 0x000000e

(Note: I've also posted my question to the microsoft forums because I'm really desperate at this point).

Windows Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Hello guys, I'm coming to you as my last resort. I have no idea what's wrong with my computer, and I don't know how to fix it. Ever since I upgraded to the newest Windows 10 build, I've been running into BSODs constantly. It's too late for me to revert back to my previous version of windows 10. A piece of this error is that while I'm using the PC, randomly I'll get a BSOD. The Stopcodes have varied, I've gotten:

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
    UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

And other codenames. What's consistent about them is that it says "Collecting data", but it never actually does that. The percentage hangs at 0% and then my computer will restart. Once restarted, I get a blue screen that tells me:

"Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.

The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.

File:\WINDOWS\System32\winload.efi

Error code: 0xc000000e

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media, contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer."

This screen has 4 options. I press enter to try again and it doesn't do anything. I can't access Startup Settings. I can only go into the recovery environment or UEFI Firmware Settings.

I've tried system restore and it hasn't worked. I've tried different cmds like "sfc /scannow" and it says there are no errors. Eventually I get to a point where I can "Continue into Windows 10" (from the Recovery Environment), and it usually boots like normal and then lets me into Windows 10 again, only for it to crash either shortly after or a few hours after, and then I'm back into the loop again. I got fed up of it earlier today and I decided to reset my pc, but I kept all of my files (because I can't afford to lose them). For a while, everything was working the way that it was supposed to and I started to reinstall my programs, only for me to eventually run into the BSOD again, despite this being a new install.

I don't know what's going on and I'm really worried because I use this desktop for work and for fun. I should also mention that I built this myself in 2017, but I don't know if it's hardware related because I haven't changed the hardware since then and everything appears to be working fine. Please let me know what I should do, and I hope that I don't have to completely wipe everything because I can't afford to right now. Thanks in advance.

I was able to get into my desktop between crashes (it's now having wifi problems) and I've attached the crash file too.

:)

DownRoad, Feb 7, 2020

2. "A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed" Error 0x000000e on Windows 10

I wanted to install an SSD in a Laptop with 2 HDDs, one of which is not used. I took out the HDD which was not used, replacing it with the SSD and leaving the HDD with the
    current Windows 10 Operating system. I then installed Windows 10 from media creation on the new SSD. But I receive the error : "A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed" - "Error 0x000000e", when I select the new
    Windows installation from the Boot Manager.

Steps followed:

1. Replace HDD with new SSD. (Still with 1 OS HDD installed)
    2. Create Windows 10 installation media with the Media Creation tool from Microsoft.
    3. Boot from Windows 10 installation media.
    4. Install Windows 10 on the new SSD. (no volume exists)
    5. Installation Completes.
    6. Re-boot.
    7. Windows Boot Manager shows the 2 Windows 10 Installations.
    8. Select the new installation.
    9. Receive the error : "A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed" - "Error 0x000000e"

After some research I have found the following two options:

Option 1: This seems like a simple solution, but will I be able to boot from both Operation Systems (OS) after this?

1. Reformat the Partition created on the SSD for Windows 10
    2. Remove the old HDD from the Laptop
    3. Reinstall Windows 10 from the installation media

Option 2: This is the most common suggestion but the information around this fix is fairly limited, I don't understand why this simple installation would cause issues here? I did run bootrec /scanos and no OS was listed.

1. bootrec /fixmbr
    2. bootrec /fixboot
    3. bootrec /scanos <--- If no OS is found run the following
      1. bcdedit /export C:\bcdbackup
      2. C:
      3. cd boot
      4. attrib bcd -s -h –r
      5. ren C:\boot\bcd bcd.old
    4. bootrec /rebuildbcd
    Option 2 found from sources such as, Fix the MBR – Guide for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 / FIX: A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed 0x000000E on Windows 10/8/8.1 - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos

DanAdrenaline, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD even after Windows 10 reset, 0x000000e - Similar Threads - BSOD reset 0x000000e

2. BSoD even after system reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD even after system reset: Hi,I've had my Lenovo Laptop with Windows 11 for a little of a year now. Recently it will crash periodically every couple hours with either "bad pool caller" and "kernel mode heap corruption. I though an entire system reboot would solve the problem but it did not. I have also...
  3. BSoD even after system reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD even after system reset: Hi,I've had my Lenovo Laptop with Windows 11 for a little of a year now. Recently it will crash periodically every couple hours with either "bad pool caller" and "kernel mode heap corruption. I though an entire system reboot would solve the problem but it did not. I have also...
  4. ntoskrnl.exe BSOD even after Windows reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl.exe BSOD even after Windows reset: I have had 2 BSOD in the last 2 weeks, i reset my Windows some time ago and it stopped crashing, but it started again recently, i did a RAM test and it said everything was good, CrystalDiskInfo was all my drives are good. I always crashes when i'm away from my PC.I suspect it...
  5. ntoskrnl.exe BSOD even after Windows reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl.exe BSOD even after Windows reset: I have had 2 BSOD in the last 2 weeks, i reset my Windows some time ago and it stopped crashing, but it started again recently, i did a RAM test and it said everything was good, CrystalDiskInfo was all my drives are good. I always crashes when i'm away from my PC.I suspect it...
  6. ntoskrnl.exe BSOD even after Windows reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Frequent BSODs even after Windows reset

Frequent BSODs even after Windows reset: This has been an on and off issue for a while now, but the persistence of this problem has been bugging me quite a bit. A few months ago, my computer started experiencing frequent BSODs. And by frequent, I mean on one day I got four in the span of an hour. Now, a few days...
  8. Recurring BSODs, even after reset.

Recurring BSODs, even after reset.: I have been getting multiple BSODs on my computer, during normal use. The errors show mostly CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED or UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION. I then did tests on my RAM, HDD, ran SFC, DISM and reinstalled drivers. I still got them after that, so I got fed up and did a...
  9. BSOD even after full reset

BSOD even after full reset: Yesterday I started getting BSOD errors randomly. Happened 3 times, was all very sudden. I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic a few times, all checked out. I formatted and reinstalled Windows, hoping to have everything fixed. After reinstalling some of my programs, another BSOD...
  10. BSOD - even in safe mode - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED ... 0x000000EF

BSOD - even in safe mode - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED ... 0x000000EF: My machine started getting occasional blue screens with the code "The CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED bug check has a value of 0x000000EF" pointing to ntoskrnl in August. First once by itself. Then it happened again, maybe once every few days. Figured it was graphics card related, so...
Tags: