Windows 10: BSOD even when not doing anything, error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Discus and support BSOD even when not doing anything, error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD error within 5 minutes of the computer starting or rebooting after BSOD appears. The computer would suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KyleLee088, Nov 9, 2016.

1. BSOD even when not doing anything, error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I get the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD error within 5 minutes of the computer starting or rebooting after BSOD appears. The computer would suddenly cause every window open to go not responding and freeze up the whole screen. After a short while, the computer would crash. I have tried to do a Windows system files corruption check which didn't help. This issue has rendered my computer useless.

I have attached the file created by the DM Log tool which includes the minidump files.

:)

KyleLee088, Nov 9, 2016

2. New 2520 multiple lockups BSD and reboot

more errors BSOD

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

going to send it back

ramseyjack---01, Nov 9, 2016
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    DPC_Watchdog_Violation

Hi Steve,

For us to effectively assist you to resolve the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error, were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue?

You will be getting the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error if the hardware driver is having an issue. Please check the following thread to resolve this:

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Nov 9, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD even when not doing anything, error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Looks like you are over clocking your CPU:
    Code: 0: kd> !sysinfo cpuspeed CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz" MaxSpeed: 2000 CurrentSpeed: 2594[/quote] Try setting speeds and voltages to nominal and see if that resolves the problem.

Ztruker, Nov 10, 2016
  5. Try setting speeds and voltages to nominal and see if that resolves the problem.[/quote] I didn't overclock my CPU, I believe it is because my CPU can dynamically increase clock rates with Turbo Boost up to 2.6 GHz.

KyleLee088, Nov 10, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Ah, thanks. I forgot about that capability with some systems.

The 11/9 11:42 dump indicates a problem with nvlddmkm which is your Nvidia driver. Looking at the DxDiag output a lot of the fields are Unknown which is very unusual.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling only the graphics driver and the PhysX drivers as follows:

Remove and install latest Nvidia drivers:

I suggest completely uninstalling the Nvidia display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from WagnardMobile (near bottom of page) then get the latest driver for you Nvidia card here: NVIDIA Driver Downloads

Then do a custom install of only the NVidia graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

See if that gets rid of the problem.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD even when not doing anything, error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

1. BSOD even when not doing anything, error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Similar Threads - BSOD doing anything

2. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error - BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error - BSOD: Hey everyone,I'm just about out of ideas of what could be causing my BSOD, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error. I've wiped my machine clean and reinstalled windows and all drivers 3x now. Figured it was my graphics card so I replaced it, but I'm getting the same BSOD. The only...
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD error: I have an HP ENVY x360 - m6-ar004dx laptop that runs on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version with 1TB HDD. I first got DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD error on Nov30,2023 and after that it disappears and it come again 2 weeks ago and continued to disturb me occasionally. I didn't make...
  4. DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD error

DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD error: Ideapad Gaming 3 15ACH6Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 13.9 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Network adapters: REALTEK8852AE WIFI 6 802.11axwifi and REALTEK PCIe GbE family...
  5. BSOD when restarting, error 0x00000133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when restarting, error 0x00000133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I've been experiencing the BSOD when I sometimes restart my laptop once in a while. My system specs have a relatively old processor, the AMD A6-7310, and my brand is HP. Most drivers, software, and BIOS are updated routinely. The bug check code I received was 0x00000133 and...
  6. BSOD when restarting, error 0x00000133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD when restarting, error 0x00000133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I've been experiencing the BSOD when I sometimes restart my laptop once in a while. My system specs have a relatively old processor, the AMD A6-7310, and my brand is HP. Most drivers, software, and BIOS are updated routinely. The bug check code I received was 0x00000133 and...
  7. DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD Error: I keep getting this error randomly on my computer. I haven't swapped out any hardware and all my drivers seem fine. Here are my Specs: Computer name: DESKTOP-U7O0CIFWindows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19043Windows dir: C:\WindowsHardware: 90NC00JBUS,...
  8. BSOD code error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD code error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Since today, I have had several BSOD while playing League of Legends and I don't know why. The error code returned refers to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, and before the BSOD, the system starts to freeze and audio repeats itself like when system runs out of RAM. Here there are two...
  9. BSOD when doing anything

BSOD when doing anything: BSOD randomly started happening two days ago while browsing the internet and downloading games on steam. After a few BSOD's, the my PC was able to run fine overnight while downloading the games. The next day, I was able to play Elite Dangerous and Battlegrounds for several...
  10. BSOD: 'DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION' at random times, even when idle

BSOD: 'DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION' at random times, even when idle: Laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15, the model no. is 3541, with a AMD A6-6310 APU, and 4 GB of DDR3 RAM. Windows 10 x64. Started getting the BSOD 'DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION' a few weeks ago, and it annoyed me so much I re-installed Windows 10 about 2 weeks ago thinking that would...