Windows 10: BSOD, event 161 and 41

Discus and support BSOD, event 161 and 41 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer will randomly restart like once a month or so and the event ids when it does so are 161 and 41. 161 just says that the dump file failed due... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SamuelMortensen1, Jun 13, 2022.

1. BSOD, event 161 and 41

My computer will randomly restart like once a month or so and the event ids when it does so are 161 and 41. 161 just says that the dump file failed due to an error and 41 says that it restarted without shutting down. When it restarts there is usually only a Google chrome browser open or I just opened a new tab. I can play FPS games for hours but every once in a blue moon it randomly restart with these errors when the computer isn't under any type of load. A year ago I had these same issues and eventually my computer would crash everytime I tried to turn it on. I ended up having to do a fresh i

:)

SamuelMortensen1, Jun 13, 2022

2. Kernal power 41 (61) id 161

Hello

So lately I have have this issue where my computer would unexpectedly restart without any information. This never happens when a game is running like battlefield 4 only and it occurs more often when chrome is open. When I go to event viewer it says "event
    critical kernel power 41 (63) id 161. When the computer restarts the mouse freezes and then the monitors turn off and the computer restarts. How could I fix this problem?

So far I tried:

• factory reset windows
    • check mnd dump
    -Szczepulec7

SzczepulecLetkiewicz, Jun 13, 2022
  3. System Rebooting - Event ID 41 & Event ID 161

Hello,

My system has started rebooting without BSOD randomly, but usually when playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider or other programs that have the PC under load. Today, it did it when trying to open a system information viewer program when nothing else was running.

The CPU and other components are within proper thermal limits, I've tested memory multiple times with no faults, tested all drives, and ran the DISM tool and SFC with no errors reported. The machine was built a few months ago but the power supply is from
    a previous build (2015). I suspect it may be the cause.

There is little information in the Event Viewer but seems to consistently contain the 2 problems at time of reboot:

Error

Source: volmgr

Event ID: 161

Critical

Source: Kernal-Power

Event ID 41

Bugcheck Code 201

Please let me know what additional information you need to troubleshoot this problem.

Thank you!

ToothofCrime, Jun 13, 2022
  4. BSOD, event 161 and 41

Michelle Vil, Jun 13, 2022
Thema:

BSOD, event 161 and 41

1. BSOD, event 161 and 41 - Similar Threads - BSOD event 161

2. Regarding BSOD Error due to Event ID - 161 and 41.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding BSOD Error due to Event ID - 161 and 41.: Respected Ma'am/Sir,I've been facing BSOD Error due to two events, Event ID - 161 and 41. Event 161 occurs a few seconds earlier than the Critical Error 41 and then the BSOD occurs. Stop code - Kernel Data Inpage Error.Error No. - 1, Event ID - 161.Log Name: System Source:...
  3. Regarding BSOD Error due to Event ID - 161 and 41.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding BSOD Error due to Event ID - 161 and 41.: Respected Ma'am/Sir,I've been facing BSOD Error due to two events, Event ID - 161 and 41. Event 161 occurs a few seconds earlier than the Critical Error 41 and then the BSOD occurs. Stop code - Kernel Data Inpage Error.Error No. - 1, Event ID - 161.Log Name: System Source:...
  4. Regarding BSOD Error due to Event ID - 161 and 41.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problem with Event 161 which leads to event 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Event 161 which leads to event 41: Hello,I was just playing Cyberpunk2077 and at one point my screen froze and nothing worked so I rebooted the pc using the power button. I opened event viewer after pc has fully booted it said my pc had an error which was "Event 161 - Dump file creation failed due to error...
  6. Problem with Event 161 which leads to event 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Event 161 which leads to event 41: Hello,I was just playing Cyberpunk2077 and at one point my screen froze and nothing worked so I rebooted the pc using the power button. I opened event viewer after pc has fully booted it said my pc had an error which was "Event 161 - Dump file creation failed due to error...
  7. Problem with Event 161 which leads to event 41

8. BSOD, event 161 and 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD, event 161 and 41: My computer will randomly restart like once a month or so and the event ids when it does so are 161 and 41. 161 just says that the dump file failed due to an error and 41 says that it restarted without shutting down. When it restarts there is usually only a Google chrome...
  9. BSOD, event 161 and 41

BSOD, event 161 and 41: My computer will randomly restart like once a month or so and the event ids when it does so are 161 and 41. 161 just says that the dump file failed due to an error and 41 says that it restarted without shutting down. When it restarts there is usually only a Google chrome...
  10. System Rebooting - Event ID 41 & Event ID 161

System Rebooting - Event ID 41 & Event ID 161: Hello, My system has started rebooting without BSOD randomly, but usually when playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider or other programs that have the PC under load. Today, it did it when trying to open a system information viewer program when nothing else was running. The CPU...