Windows 10: BSOD every few days 'DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL'

Discus and support BSOD every few days 'DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been getting this bluescreen pretty much since I built the computer I think, not sure why, I attached the output of the log-program-thing like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LordBucket, May 4, 2020.

1. BSOD every few days 'DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL'

I've been getting this bluescreen pretty much since I built the computer I think, not sure why, I attached the output of the log-program-thing like instructed.
    First time posting, hope I'm doing this correctly.

Windows Ver. 18363.815

:)

LordBucket, May 4, 2020
  2. Athamas Win User

BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I have been getting random BSOD (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Source: nwifi.sys) in the last 3 days. They seem to only appear when playing videos on YouYube, but it might be a coincidence.

What has changed in the last 3 days?

Nothing on the laptop itself. I plugged in a new keyboard and mouse (both USB), and a USB hub (USB-C).
    I also installed new drivers for the Intel Graphics and "Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Manager" as suggested by Dell Driver Updater, but this was an attempt to fix the BSOD, which already happened before updating these drivers.

What are the laptop info and specs?

• Text version: MEGA
    • Speccy version (can be imported into Speccy): MEGA
    • MsInfo32 Output: MEGA

Most recent dump files?

This is the content of C:\Windows\Minidump: (all 3 are the most recent BSOD dumps and match with the date and time of the BSODs)

MEGA
    MEGA
    MEGA

What have you tried?

I have checked with the Dell System Detect utility to see if all the drivers were up to date; 2 weren't and I updated them (as written above) but that didn't solve the issue.

I have cleaned the system Registry with the CCleaner utility, but that didn't solve the issue.

What can I do?

EDIT:

Upon suggestion, I updated the killer drivers.
    All seemes fine of a while, then, after the laptop went to suspended state, I noticed the external mouse stopped working, while the touchpad worked.
    After plugging and unplugging, I rebooted.
    Laptop stuck to reboot for 6 min (usually takes 6 seconds) then BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.

Log:

MEGA

Athamas, May 4, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in nwifi.sys

Hi,

Corrupted or outdated Network drivers may be the possible reason why you are experiencing the error BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in nwifi.sys. To better assist you, we'd like to clarify if your Network drivers are updated.

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the suggestion shared by XP ROCKS on this

thread
    on how to reinstall your killer networking Bandwidth Control Filter Driver.

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, May 4, 2020
  4. BSOD every few days 'DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL'

BSOD - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (l1c63x64.sys)

Hi Seung,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by BSOD - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (l1c63x64.sys).

Please let us know the make/model of your computer.

The L1C63x64.sys is the Atheros LAN driver and I would suggest to uninstall and reinstall the Atheros LAN driver but install the latest Atheros LAN driver by visiting the manufacture's website and avoid using any LAN driver available though Windows Update.

However the problem could also be with any VPN software and other software so make sure you have the latest version of each of these software.

If the errors continue uninstall the VPN software and check if the issue persist.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries for BSOD - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (l1c63x64.sys). We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, May 4, 2020
Thema:

BSOD every few days 'DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL'

1. BSOD every few days 'DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' - Similar Threads - BSOD every few

2. I get BSOD every few days.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get BSOD every few days.: i9 12900K/RTX 3080/64GB DDR4Here are these dumps.https://www.dropbox.com/s/gt5mrzbxhje9cbb/minidump.zip?dl=0Hope someone help me find the reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-bsod-every-few-days/2fd7fa56-0609-48f4-8548-7f40081c270a
  3. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  4. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  5. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Getting BSODs Every Few Days

Getting BSODs Every Few Days: Hi, For the past 6 months I have been getting the odd BSOD on Windows 10. I've updated all drivers I could think of and have run MemTest several times even overnight but my memory always passes with no errors. My hardware: CPU: Ryzen 3700X Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus...
  7. BSOD every few hours. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal, irql_not_less_or_equal,...

BSOD every few hours. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal, irql_not_less_or_equal,...: Getting a BSOD every few hours regardless of what I'm doing with varying responsible drivers and bug check strings. Gotten the strings: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal irql_not_less_or_equal kmode_exception_not_handled I have tried: running memtest86, all ram is good to...
  8. BSODs Every Few Days

BSODs Every Few Days: Hello, I recently upgraded my PC with new mobo/gpu/cpu/ram, and have been having BSODs on and off since. They have only happened when I was away from the computer, so I didn't realize they were happening until one occurred while my wife was using Autodesk Revit. She has...
  9. Every day BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Every day BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Every day about 1-5 times I get DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I have tried: DriverVerifier Updating BIOS DDU - Clean uninstall of display drivers 2 times Minidump / System info Link HERE...
  10. Various BSODs every few days

Various BSODs every few days: Hello I have been getting random BSODs for the past couple weeks, been trying to figure it out on my own but I feel like it is time to ask for some help. Recently the BSOD had the error message KERNAL_SECURITY-CHECK-FAILURE. I rebooted with Driver Verifier and got the...